🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

DeVos Confirmed

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed. The fact that she is a republican or basically brought her position doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

In the end our children will suffer.

The children are suffering now, public education is a nightmare

How would you know?

We graduate students from high school that cannot read, write their own names or do simple arithmetic. There is no public school system. There is an extended day care system.

Bullshit.. Every time we try to enforce a minimum standards test for high school gradiuation, the people rebel because Little Johnny or Little Suzie was not going to get a diploma.

any opposition to DeVos is clearly discrimination against the poor so that they dont have choices.

Great news for all the children who will benefit from school choice.

School choice cannot be mandated by the federal government. The feds contribute less than 10% of the total cost of a public school education. They do not have the clout to dictate terms, which is what I thought Republicans did not want coming from DC.

Nope, not like Obamacare, it cannot be mandated but it can be made available. Concerned parents will demand it be made available in their area.

Please show us your source and link to your claim that the Federal government contributes 10% of the budget for local government schools.

As you know, for a local budget, a ten percent cut would be huge.

As a teacher I am extremely disappointed. The fact that she is a republican or basically brought her position doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that she has 0% experience in education and never taught a day in her life.

How would you know?

The more curious question is...how would you NOT know?

How would you know?

The more curious question is...how would you NOT know?

That's not really an answer.

Thank you Mike Pence and good to see they Republicans who need to be defeated, without losing a confirmation!

Another stinging loss for the democrats.

Tillerson.....confirmed
Devoss..confirmed

Maybe one day democrats will get their heads out of their asses, but keep protesting and blocking everything........er Trying to block everything. Lolololololololol

Glad to hear it. Now maybe ALL kids will get a shot at a better education.

Ok...health care for profit=failure. Now we will do the same with education. The wealthy spit on the poor.

Specifically, explain how the wealthy spit on the poor when all the education changes proposed are tremendous benefits to the low and middle-income parents? Low and middle-income parents would have the same choices as the more affluent. How is that a bad thing?

Ya know?...go tell that bull shit to some one else, some kid maybe because Ive been around a long time and Ive seen this country through the years...whats supposed to work and what doesnt and why... I KNOW how it works...better than you do! You fucking people will say ANYTHING just to further the transfer of wealth and dumb down America. Public ed will die...I believe that because the wealthy have all the money and power and MY vote doesnt matter. The politicians are no longer afraid of the public. All you fucking ass holes want, is the money and where do you GET it from?....the poor and working class. The same fucking place where you got all the rest. You get your money by fucking other people or even other companies...its a rabid time for you fuckers. Public ed will die, the rich will get even MORE powerful and the population?...lol, let them eat cake.

Thank you for explicitly explaining that you have NOTHING and are incapable of answering a simple question. Your desperation is duly noted.

Thatcher-dismissing-personal-attacks_zpsuqszbvn1.png

Yeah. Desperate. Lol, just wait.

Better education...thats what predatory capitalism wants...to give the little children a better education.
Children are commodities to capitalism. Everything is.

Last edited:
We graduate students from high school that cannot read, write their own names or do simple arithmetic. There is no public school system. There is an extended day care system.

Bullshit.. Every time we try to enforce a minimum standards test for high school gradiuation, the people rebel because Little Johnny or Little Suzie was not going to get a diploma.

This is true and they need to be told that your kid didn't pass, so edumacate them.

You do realize this is an administrative position and not a teaching position, right?

DeVos wants to raise your taxes to give families vouchers to send their kids to schools other than the ones that your taxes already provide.

Are you down with that?

DeVos wants to raise your taxes to give families vouchers to send their kids to schools other than the ones that your taxes already provide.

Are you down with that?
It would cost less than a private school or homeschooling, so the cost would be justified.

Forum List

Back