Dick Morris: Donald Trump will run unopposed

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
They are assuming Biden is going to run again and that the GOP Primary will be "wide open". He will. But it's not. Trump is going to be the nominee, unopposed or virtually unopposed. I don't care what some poll says about the public not wanting that. Tough.

They are assuming Biden is going to run again and that the GOP Primary will be "wide open". He will. But it's not. Trump is going to be the nominee, unopposed or virtually unopposed. I don't care what some poll says about the public not wanting that. Tough.

It is WAY TOO EARLY to start talking about 2024. A shit ton of things can happen between now and then.

I doubt VERY SERIOUSLY that Trump will even run again, much less be unopposed.

America's war with Russia is far too important to allow it to fall into Trump's hands. And most Americans won't take an antiwar stand against it for Trump's benefit.

That's unfortunate because is likely the only possibility of wanted to upset America's headlong march to worldwide aggression.

However, there's the possibility that Russia will threaten nuclear war and that will have the effect of opening some American eyes to reality. Trump would then have an opportunity of running with the shift in attitudes over the war.

No, there's nothing much left but to grasp at straws, even though Trump would be suitably dealt with if he upsets the American prowar mindset.

While Dick Morris has been biased to the right for a while now, he's at least looked sane during that time. Sorry to see dementia has gotten ahold of him.

If Trump announces early, I would not be surprised that few republicans will try to primary against him. That being said, I hope he doesn't run because he is too radioactive.

If Trump announces early, I would not be surprised that few republicans will try to primary against him. That being said, I hope he doesn't run because he is too radioactive.
It's now being suggested that Trump's base will refuse to support any other candidate and that will destroy De Santis's chances.

De Santis wants to be a Trump but there can only be one Trump.

It's much more likely that Trump will be kept off the ticket by government powers that need to protect the war effort.

If Trump had no shot they wouldn't be trying so hard to make him ineligible....

In my estimation the Establishment realize that Trumps policies provided some hope for the U.S and it's allies long-term prospects even if the allies themselves are too stupid and bought to know it.

So, they are in a bind. Trump is good for America and its global influence/ambitions. They know Trump is bold enough to force change and publicly put pressure on allies unlike any president before.

However, they also want their "old boys club" to have power. The Bushs and Hillaries of the world must maintain their political monarchy that so many fought for.

Trump has proven time and again he won't dance for them, that is his sin. He won't endorse a Bush, he won't give Romney a plush position, he won't kiss global organizations ring for a nicer ride.

Thus, as I've said numerous times, they have to choose between a winning America without a weak, controlled politicians, or, a losing America that they can at least ensure influence over.

Herein lies the most pressing question. DeSantis appears to be Trumpish. If he is though, WHY are media so eager to embrace him? Are we looking at a bait and switch politician?

No one can afford to run against the bully in the party primary.....that's Trump's upper hand.....Trumpers split between Trump and DeSantis, is a death wish, of divide and conquer for the candidates running for other seats....a bloody nightmare.

Trump will lose in the end. He's too hated....Kryptonite. Even Biden, at a 33% approval, will beat Trump if he runs again.... According to recent polls.

Unopposed? The democrat party is in bad shape but does it mean they won't have a presidential candidate in '24?

No one can afford to run against the bully in the party primary.....that's Trump's upper hand.....Trumpers split between Trump and DeSantis, is a death wish, of divide and conquer for the candidates running for other seats....a bloody nightmare.

Trump will lose in the end. He's too hated....Kryptonite. Even Biden, at a 33% approval, will beat Trump if he runs again.... According to recent polls.

You think Biden wins against Trump if they run again? I can tell you this, Americas enemies sure hope so.

I don't know who the best president would be in 2024. Maybe Trump isn't the right guy, but he is the only one I can say is an outsider who isn't controlled.

Global influence is going to be won through the economy, not bombs and missiles. A strong economy just ensures a powerful military, a powerful military alone will never conquer the world in 2022 and beyond. A powerful economy will, every time.

I agree. But Trump is and should be worried enough about the challengers creeping up on him that he may well announce early: shortly after the midterms. So that he has the nomination sewn up (he will hope: time will tell).

I don't know who the best president would be in 2024. Maybe Trump isn't the right guy, but he is the only one I can say is an outsider who isn't controlled
His unrestrained lawlessness, is not an asset.....

I don't want either old men to run, but if Biden were the only means to keep the man of lawlessness out, I'd vote for him....just like those others in the poll that has Biden winning against Trump, even with his 33% approval rating, in the same poll....

But I really would like to see some new blood, running.

It's now being suggested that Trump's base will refuse to support any other candidate and that will destroy De Santis's chances.

De Santis wants to be a Trump but there can only be one Trump.

It's much more likely that Trump will be kept off the ticket by government powers that need to protect the war effort.
DeSantis has his gig as Florida governor and he is relatively young. He can wait for 2028.

If the Biden destruction continues, Trump will win in a head to head election.

Forum List

Back