Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

It's damned hard to shoot 31 people without a GUN.
You guys need oxygen. Take a breath.
So, back to my other question....

Do you believe that we have an individual right to own guns?
Yes, if we don't have violent histories and are legally competent. But if you want to have a discussion on the Constitution, you'll have to find someone else to argue it with.

Walmart to end sales of assault rifles in US stores
Source: New York Times

"Walmart said on Wednesday that it would no longer sell high-powered rifles in its stores in the United States. The decision followed years of public pressure on the retailer to stop selling some of the most lethal weapons associated with many of the nation’s mass shootings. .....

Walmart, the nation’s largest seller of guns and ammunition, attributed its decision to lower consumer demand for such military-style rifles, not gun politics. It said that it was adding to its offerings of shotguns and other weapons used by hunters."

Read more: Walmart to End Sales of Assault-Style Rifles in U.S. Stores
YES! It just took one to break the ice. I'm getting chills, for real. I never thought they'd do it.

My condolences to Martha
Who's that?

Martha stewart has interest in Walmart's----remember her----
the cake and cookie lady?
I bought a set of her dishes once. They wound up being a piece of shit. Chipped, faded in no time.
Walmart won't suffer for this. Mark my words.
HEY!!! GUESS WHAT?
Walmart stopped selling assault-style rifles in 2015! Tyrone pulled a fast one.
:oops:

YES! It just took one to break the ice. I'm getting chills, for real. I never thought they'd do it.

My condolences to Martha
Who's that?

Martha stewart has interest in Walmart's----remember her----
the cake and cookie lady?
I bought a set of her dishes once. They wound up being a piece of shit. Chipped, faded in no time.
Walmart won't suffer for this. Mark my words.
HEY!!! GUESS WHAT?
Walmart stopped selling assault-style rifles in 2015! Tyrone pulled a fast one.
:oops:

yor kiddn'

Yes, if we don't have violent histories and are legally competent. But if you want to have a discussion on the Constitution, you'll have to find someone else to argue it with.
Then, we agree.

Except, you seem to be advocating for a ban on the AR platform. I still don't understand the logic. It will not make us more safe, but will eventually shift the weapon of choice to something else. Let's pray it is not shotguns.

It is in every video game, it is the first thing democrat politicians call to ban when any mass shooting happens...they called for banning it before shooters were actually using it.........you don't even think before you post....
Okay. Let's blame the media for this, too. Better than blaming the gun.

It's not the gun, OldLady, it's the people using it.

You're in a room with a loaded .45 and a kitten, which one is more dangerous to you?
Well, it's damned hard to shoot 31 people without one.

That's not the question I asked.
That old chestnut? I was politely ignoring it.

I see, so you already know what the deal is.

Q: Why is the left going after the guns and not calling for law-enforcement and education reform?

Lemme get this straight, leftists influenced government policy that failed, then want law-abiding citizens to give up their rights because the way they do the government fails? What is this? The Bizarro universe?

I think not!

:umno: :whatsign: :no_text11:

You're in a room with a loaded .45 and a kitten, which one is more dangerous to you?
not really.. 10 round mags take 3 sec. on average to drop and re-load...
It's damned hard to shoot 31 people without a GUN.
You guys need oxygen. Take a breath.

The guy in Nice, France murdered 86 people with a rental truck, making it a worse mass murder incident than any mass public shooting in the United States......
Yes. And Assad killed his own people with barrel bombs full of Sarin gas. Lots of bad things happen in the world.

No.....the guy with the truck was able to do it without military technology......he could rent a truck here for about 100 bucks, with the first hour of killing discounted............

Then, we agree.

Except, you seem to be advocating for a ban on the AR platform. I still don't understand the logic. It will not make us more safe, but will eventually shift the weapon of choice to something else. Let's pray it is not shotguns.

I vote a really SPECIAL stunning paralyzing thing-----that
can neutralize a nut with a gun-----right in the breast pocket
of every teacher-------a little capsule shot out at high speed

How many guns were taken away so far?
It's the mere threat of a ban. Surely you can see that I am right on this point ,no?

I agree that nobody profits from mass shootings like the NRA and manufacturers/sellers, but the reason they profit is the threat of a ban, not the shooting itself. Is that not a reasonable, logical conclusion?

It's a pretty safe bet that the majority of Dick's customers are not happy with their anti-gun stance. We'll see how that affects their sales down the road. I won't be giving them my future business.

Okay. Let's blame the media for this, too. Better than blaming the gun.

That's not the question I asked.
That old chestnut? I was politely ignoring it.

I see, so you already know what the deal is.

Q: Why is the left going after the guns and not calling for law-enforcement and education reform?

Lemme get this straight, leftists influenced government policy that failed, then want law-abiding citizens to give up their rights because the way they do the government fails? What is this? The Bizarro universe?

I think not!

:umno: :whatsign: :no_text11:
Get this straight, Marion: I am equally supportive of reforms and programs like ERPO for law enforcement and programs that try to intervene with troubled kids like Cruz BEFORE they go off their nut. I also support getting graphic images of humans killing humans greatly reduced on tv, movies and in video games. This particular thread is on gun control, which is why that is what I'm talking about.

Forum List

Back