Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

Get this straight, Marion: I am equally supportive of reforms and programs that support ERPO for law enforcement and programs that try to intervene with troubled kids like Cruz BEFORE they go off their nut. I also support getting graphic images of humans killing humans greatly reduced on tv, movies and in video games. This particular thread is on gun control, which is why that is what I'm talking about.
I agree with what you have said here, and would add that less shitty parenting could also help.

What gun control do you propose?

This seems to concern you somehow....and yet you are afraid to address the every evidence I reply to in each of my posts.
Dude, I agree that the NRA and manufacturere/sellers benefit from mass shootings, but it is not because of the shootings themselves. It is the gun-grabbing rhetoric from the left that causes people to fear a ban and desire to buy before the ban takes effect.

The left's behavior is pushing gun sales.
Sure....you call it what makes you feel better....:rolleyes-41:

Sure......you call it what you want.
If there is a mass shooting, and we don't get a bunch of calls for gun control, what do sales figures look like?
And tell me...how much gun control has come from all those mass shootings? IMO, nothing will happen because the NRA and the Far Right had no problem with little kids in Sandy Hook getting blown away.

Never heard of ‘em.

Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Someone under 21 should sue their ass right away.
For what? Not selling something they no longer want to sell? Oh....is this what the RW wants? To force businesses to sell certain stuff?

Dick's is actually a PA, a walk in store selling goods. If they deny a sale to a 20 year old, and their are age discrimination laws in place, they can be fined or sued.

The reason stores don't get in trouble not selling alcohol or tobacco (where the law applies) to under 21 people is because the law tells them not to.

And before you go to the cakes, I have always stated there should be no discrimination in actual Public Accommodations, involving point of sale transactions.
lol

Sure....you call it what makes you feel better....
My point is that the NRA and manufacturers/sellers may profit, but they are not to blame for the spike in gun sales. Certainly, you are not suggesting that the NRA et al are promoting or condoning gun violence, are you?

Yes, if we don't have violent histories and are legally competent. But if you want to have a discussion on the Constitution, you'll have to find someone else to argue it with.
Then, we agree.

Except, you seem to be advocating for a ban on the AR platform. I still don't understand the logic. It will not make us more safe, but will eventually shift the weapon of choice to something else. Let's pray it is not shotguns.
It's just harm reduction, not absolute safety. And gun control alone will not solve the problem. Hopefully many avenues to keep crazies from getting their hands on a gun will be used and that will make us safer. But life ain't entirely safe, not even running to the 7-11 for milk.

Get this straight, Marion: I am equally supportive of reforms and programs that support ERPO for law enforcement and programs that try to intervene with troubled kids like Cruz BEFORE they go off their nut. I also support getting graphic images of humans killing humans greatly reduced on tv, movies and in video games. This particular thread is on gun control, which is why that is what I'm talking about.
I agree with what you have said here, and would add that less shitty parenting could also help.

What gun control do you propose?
Eliminating the manufacture and sale of OOPS, as Marion calls them.
And fixing the NICS reporting system so it actually contains the information it is supposed to.
And making bump stocks illegal.

Sure....you call it what makes you feel better....
My point is that the NRA and manufacturers/sellers may profit, but they are not to blame for the spike in gun sales. Certainly, you are not suggesting that the NRA et al are promoting or condoning gun violence, are you?
Mass shootings = spike in gun sales and NRA membership. You can try to put lipstick on that pig all you want.

its going up and down like crazy today! 20 minutes ago it was only up like .3% LOL
It happens all the time. Bad news or good news is a way the professionals make a lot of money. They are buying and selling because amateurs are freaking out and dumping their Dick's shares. The pros are swooping in and taking advantage of the cheaper prices, then the demand for the stock shoots the price back up. Then, the pros sell for a profit. When the stock dump causes the price to fall, the pros jump right back in at the lower price, and around and around we go.
:lol:

Happens all the time.

its going up and down like crazy today! 20 minutes ago it was only up like .3% LOL
It happens all the time. Bad news or good news is a way the professionals make a lot of money. They are buying and selling because amateurs are freaking out and dumping their Dick's shares. The pros are swooping in and taking advantage of the cheaper prices, then the demand for the stock shoots the price back up. Then, the pros sell for a profit. When the stock dump causes the price to fall, the pros jump right back in at the lower price, and around and around we go.
:lol:

Happens all the time.
just wait until trump tweets about it :lol:

Stocks are down 2.5%
:oops8:

As of 12:13: It’s up 2.17%

I hope it goes way up. Not b/c of the whole gun issue or whatever, but b/c I own shares. Coins, coins, coins, coins.

It's been a moderate buy for a few weeks, wait and see at the end of this week or early next week to see what analysts say. Today is emotion trading, never a good thing

Yep, My firearms and ammo sales have skyrocketed over the last week or so…
:dance:

That's not always something that makes me joyfully dance.

I support everyone's Constitutional rights to own firearms ...
But don't for one second think I haven't asked one or two folks not to bring their firearms to my place.

We shoot regularly at my place ... But there are still some folks that don't exercise proper safety.

Unlike some on the left who embrace every gun related tragedy for the furtherance of their ideology (perhaps even 'false flag' events)... Conversely, I welcome the fact that the populace reacts to 'over reach of the legislators' in thinking about and preparing themselves for the potential of a dubious future.
Like most conservatives you are a liar, the lie that some on the left embrace every gun related tragedy for the furtherance of their ideology being an example.

Yep, My firearms and ammo sales have skyrocketed over the last week or so…
:dance:

That's not always something that makes me joyfully dance.

I support everyone's Constitutional rights to own firearms ...
But don't for one second think I haven't asked one or two folks not to bring their firearms to my place.

We shoot regularly at my place ... But there are still some folks that don't exercise proper safety.

Unlike some on the left who embrace every gun related tragedy for the furtherance of their ideology (perhaps even 'false flag' events)... Conversely, I welcome the fact that the populace reacts to 'over reach of the legislators' in thinking about and preparing themselves for the potential of a dubious future.
Like most conservatives you are a liar, the lie that some on the left embrace every gun related tragedy for the furtherance of their ideology being an example.

Except "SOME" do you moronic buffoon

Forum List

Back