Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

not really.. 10 round mags take 3 sec. on average to drop and re-load...

3 seconds? Are you crippled? Any mag change over 1 63 seconds and you need to go back to practicing, my good man.
includes dropping the bolt carrier group if using an AR... pistols inherently faster...& we're talking average not just the proficient... good point though

They're free to do this, however, what they call 'assault weapons' are semi-automatics. So does this mean they will no longer sell other semi-auto rifles, like deer rifles which work the same way ?

Mass shootings = spike in gun sales and NRA membership. You can try to put lipstick on that pig all you want.
That is logically flawed, and you know it.

Let's map this out, logically.

Which one looks more logically sound:

Mass shooting = gun sales and NRA membership spikes,
therefore, mass shootings cause gun sales/NRA spike

OR

mass shooting + demand for gun control = gun sales/NRA spike

You can call victory on this all day long, but the left is responsible for the NRA/Sales spikes. Remove that element, and nothing changes.
Nope. I'm spot on. Mass shootings are a windfall for the NRA and gun stores.

That's not the question I asked.
That old chestnut? I was politely ignoring it.

I see, so you already know what the deal is.

Q: Why is the left going after the guns and not calling for law-enforcement and education reform?

Lemme get this straight, leftists influenced government policy that failed, then want law-abiding citizens to give up their rights because the way they do the government fails? What is this? The Bizarro universe?

I think not!

:umno: :whatsign: :no_text11:
Get this straight, Marion: I am equally supportive of reforms and programs like ERPO for law enforcement and programs that try to intervene with troubled kids like Cruz BEFORE they go off their nut. I also support getting graphic images of humans killing humans greatly reduced on tv, movies and in video games. This particular thread is on gun control, which is why that is what I'm talking about.

Yeah well, it wasn't people being able to own guns legally that got 17 kids dead in Broward county.

1) It was the abolition of State Mental Health institutions which physically restrained nutjobs vs. "chemical restraint" methods lobbied for and won by the leftists. Mental hospitals were closed in the 60s.

2) Leftist policies between the Broward County Sheriff's office and school board kept the crazy boy from ever getting arrested, charged with crimes he committed, or Baker acted.

3) The school resource officer did not do his job

4) Leftists designating schools "Gun Free Zones" made everyone on campus an unarmed target.

5) The state DCF did not do their job, despite the LEO being called on the boy 39 times.

6) The leftist indoctrination system teaches children to ignore what their parents teach them, forbids parents and schools from discipling children, then squares that with teaching "subjective morality" and "secular humanity".

Yeah, the only way that could get worse is to place them into a state-run instituion.

#6 produces quasi-state babies. WTF did you tards think would happen, dipshits? No limits? No God? No morality?

And you're scratching your ass and wondering why they're churning out depraved monsters?

You created this situation, leftists. You're not the solution.

So, tell me more about how people should be denied the gun they want by leftists, because they know so much about people, and their policies are succeeding greatly? They're not.
Don't rant at me with your general leftist ire.
I always say, when really bad things happen in life, the only thing we can do is learn from it. Hopefully, lots of people will learn lots of things from this.

Are you saying the state and local law enforcement didn't drop the ball?

Are you saying this guy wouldn't have been in Chattahoochee in the 50s? You damn right he would have.

Are you saying that if some of the teachers and coaches were armed, they couldn't have shot back, saving lives?

What exactly are you saying? Do you have a common sense solution or no?

I do.

Well, it's damned hard to shoot 31 people without one.

Q: Why is the left going after the guns and not calling for law-enforcement and education reform?

Lemme get this straight, leftists influenced government policy that failed, then want law-abiding citizens to give up their rights because the way they do the government fails? What is this? The Bizarro universe?

I think not!

Get this straight, Marion: I am equally supportive of reforms and programs like ERPO for law enforcement and programs that try to intervene with troubled kids like Cruz BEFORE they go off their nut. I also support getting graphic images of humans killing humans greatly reduced on tv, movies and in video games. This particular thread is on gun control, which is why that is what I'm talking about.

Yeah well, it wasn't people being able to own guns legally that got 17 kids dead in Broward county.

1) It was the abolition of State Mental Health institutions which physically restrained nutjobs vs. "chemical restraint" methods lobbied for and won by the leftists. Mental hospitals were closed in the 60s.

2) Leftist policies between the Broward County Sheriff's office and school board kept the crazy boy from ever getting arrested, charged with crimes he committed, or Baker acted.

4) Leftists designating schools "Gun Free Zones" made everyone on campus an unarmed target.

5) The state DCF did not do their job, despite the LEO being called on the boy 39 times.

6) The leftist indoctrination system teaches children to ignore what their parents teach them, forbids parents and schools from discipling children, then squares that with teaching "subjective morality" and "secular humanity".

Yeah, the only way that could get worse is to place them into a state-run instituion.

#6 produces quasi-state babies. WTF did you tards think would happen, dipshits? No limits? No God? No morality?

And you're scratching your ass and wondering why they're churning out depraved monsters?

So, tell me more about how people should be denied the gun they want by leftists, because they know so much about people, and their policies are succeeding greatly? They're not.

Why was he allowed to refuse mental health care? That should have been enough to take him in front of a judge to force him to accept treatment. Sheriff called on him 39 times, school had to expel him...he was obviously not doing well enough to make that decision.

Florida school shooting suspect refused mental health services at 18, superintendent says

And....yet again....nothing is a better money maker for the NRA and gun sales than a mass shooting.

Lie, lie, lie...very predictable.
This seems to concern you somehow....and yet you are afraid to address the every evidence I reply to in each of my posts.
And....yet again....nothing is a better money maker for the NRA and gun sales than a mass shooting.

This seems to concern you somehow....and yet you are afraid to address the every evidence I reply to in each of my posts.

I haven't seen any evidence, comrade. Just your repeated false assertion that the NRA makes money on mass shootings.
You haven't seen the posts by posters here saying they were joining/renewing their NRA membership? Well, I suppose ignorance can be bliss to some............

brekhnya! That is happening not because of the mass shooting but because of the hysterical Left and people like you creating an atmosphere where the 2nd Amendment must be protected.
Nope.....just a windfall for the NRA who pumps out the hysteria (OMIGOD! They're gonna take our guns!) and gun manufacturers.

It's just harm reduction, not absolute safety. And gun control alone will not solve the problem. Hopefully many avenues to keep crazies from getting their hands on a gun will be used and that will make us safer. But life ain't entirely safe, not even running to the 7-11 for milk.
So, can we back off the banning of the AR platform and focus on keeping the loons from getting guns? That would have prevented this latest shooting.

We also need to hold law enforcement and the FBI accountable for failure to act when all the warning signs are present.

Last edited:
A match made in gay Heaven.

Dick's headquarters are based in our region.

I knew there was at least one based in your region ... :auiqs.jpg:

Such false advertising! This place didn't deliver either:

dirty-business-name-glory-hole-church.jpg

Never heard of ‘em.

Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Dick's Sporting Goods is a crappy store that caters mostly to millennials who like hiking, camping, and snowboarding. Their selection of firearms is pretty crappy and over-priced, and a couple of them went out of business close to where I live.

The whole thing sounds to me like they're trying to get some free advertising by using the school shooting to boost their sales. Bass Pro Shops and formerly Cabela's are way better.

I have $3,100 worth of excercise equipment being delivered this week. I’ll call shortly and cancel the order. I’ll be sure to let them know why.
Buy more guns and ammo...
Because.....mass shootings are good for the NRA and the gun business.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.
How is it a lie?....over and over and over, I'm seeing posts from people here ADMITTING they are running out NOW to get more guns. I don't say anything about mass shootings are good for the NRA and the gun business EXCEPT in reply to posts admitting that's exactly what they are doing. Have you not noticed?
And they're morons for doing so.

No guns will be banned; no guns taken.

I haven't seen any evidence, comrade. Just your repeated false assertion that the NRA makes money on mass shootings.
You haven't seen the posts by posters here saying they were joining/renewing their NRA membership? Well, I suppose ignorance can be bliss to some............

brekhnya! That is happening not because of the mass shooting but because of the hysterical Left and people like you creating an atmosphere where the 2nd Amendment must be protected.
Nope.....just a windfall for the NRA who pumps out the hysteria (OMIGOD! They're gonna take our guns!) and gun manufacturers.

brekhnya!!!

I think not!

Don't rant at me with your general leftist ire.
I always say, when really bad things happen in life, the only thing we can do is learn from it. Hopefully, lots of people will learn lots of things from this.

Are you saying the state and local law enforcement didn't drop the ball?

Are you saying this guy wouldn't have been in Chattahoochee in the 50s? You damn right he would have.

Are you saying that if some of the teachers and coaches were armed, they couldn't have shot back, saving lives?

What exactly are you saying? Do you have a common sense solution or no?

I do.
Are you having some kind of dementia moment?

I think not!

Why was he allowed to refuse mental health care? That should have been enough to take him in front of a judge to force him to accept treatment. Sheriff called on him 39 times, school had to expel him...he was obviously not doing well enough to make that decision.

Florida school shooting suspect refused mental health services at 18, superintendent says
It was explained to me that once he hit 18, as an adult, the school's hands were tied....he refused mental health aid.

I have $3,100 worth of excercise equipment being delivered this week. I’ll call shortly and cancel the order. I’ll be sure to let them know why.
Buy more guns and ammo...
Because.....mass shootings are good for the NRA and the gun business.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.
How is it a lie?....over and over and over, I'm seeing posts from people here ADMITTING they are running out NOW to get more guns. I don't say anything about mass shootings are good for the NRA and the gun business EXCEPT in reply to posts admitting that's exactly what they are doing. Have you not noticed?
And they're morons for doing so.

No guns will be banned; no guns taken.

Another lying Russian troll. Look at what happened with the SKS rifles in California. Look at Connecticut's laws concerning assault rifles, Comrade. Then, you might hide your Russian trolling a bit longer under your next ID.

It's just harm reduction, not absolute safety. And gun control alone will not solve the problem. Hopefully many avenues to keep crazies from getting their hands on a gun will be used and that will make us safer. But life ain't entirely safe, not even running to the 7-11 for milk.
So, can we back off the banning of the AR platform and focus on keeping the loons from getting guns. That would have prevented this latest shooting.

We also need to hold law enforcement and the FBI accountable for failure to act when all the warning signs are present.
We need both.

brekhnya!!!
BENGHAZI!!!!! See? I can be random too. :lol:

Forum List

Back