Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

It's been a moderate buy for a few weeks, wait and see at the end of this week or early next week to see what analysts say. Today is emotion trading, never a good thing

I can sell my shares for a nice little profit if those emotions push the stock into the low 40's.

Progressives oppose any sort of weapon that includes compound bows

Weapons are just part of an enormous list of things the Progressives have a completely screwed up view towards ... :thup:

That's why they find it easier to blame the firearm and the NRA.
Otherwise they would have to inspect the multitude of Progressive policies that shielded Nikolas Cruz from the consequences of his actions prior to shooting up the school.

The school district's policies in handling Nikolas Cruz...
Did more towards ensuring he never got the attention he required/warranted ...
And that could have helped prevent the incident.

Yep, My firearms and ammo sales have skyrocketed over the last week or so…
:dance:
Exactly....nothing is more profitable for the NRA and gun sales than a good All-American mass shooting.

The NRA doesn't sell weapons.
But they do sell memberships.....and I'm quite sure there's some serious kick-back going on between their leaders and gun manufacturers. (and the Russian mafia connection is another interesting possibility)

Since the Russians are trying to sow dissent and divide us, it's much more likely that you're a Russian troll trying to divide and weaken us by undermining our rights. So, if you want to go with conspiracy theories, I'll put that one out.

It's not the gun, OldLady, it's the people using it.

You're in a room with a loaded .45 and a kitten, which one is more dangerous to you?
Well, it's damned hard to shoot 31 people without one.

That's not the question I asked.
That old chestnut? I was politely ignoring it.

I see, so you already know what the deal is.

Q: Why is the left going after the guns and not calling for law-enforcement and education reform?

Lemme get this straight, leftists influenced government policy that failed, then want law-abiding citizens to give up their rights because the way they do the government fails? What is this? The Bizarro universe?

I think not!

:umno: :whatsign: :no_text11:
Get this straight, Marion: I am equally supportive of reforms and programs like ERPO for law enforcement and programs that try to intervene with troubled kids like Cruz BEFORE they go off their nut. I also support getting graphic images of humans killing humans greatly reduced on tv, movies and in video games. This particular thread is on gun control, which is why that is what I'm talking about.

Yeah well, it wasn't people being able to own guns legally that got 17 kids dead in Broward county.

1) It was the abolition of State Mental Health institutions which physically restrained nutjobs vs. "chemical restraint" methods lobbied for and won by the leftists. Mental hospitals were closed in the 60s.

2) Leftist policies between the Broward County Sheriff's office and school board kept the crazy boy from ever getting arrested, charged with crimes he committed, or Baker acted.

3) The school resource officer did not do his job

4) Leftists designating schools "Gun Free Zones" made everyone on campus an unarmed target.

5) The state DCF did not do their job, despite the LEO being called on the boy 39 times.

6) The leftist indoctrination system teaches children to ignore what their parents teach them, forbids parents and schools from discipling children, then squares that with teaching "subjective morality" and "secular humanity".

Yeah, the only way that could get worse is to place them into a state-run instituion.

#6 produces quasi-state babies. WTF did you tards think would happen, dipshits? No limits? No God? No morality?

And you're scratching your ass and wondering why they're churning out depraved monsters?

You created this situation, leftists. You're not the solution.

So, tell me more about how people should be denied the gun they want by leftists, because they know so much about people, and their policies are succeeding greatly? They're not.

I have $3,100 worth of excercise equipment being delivered this week. I’ll call shortly and cancel the order. I’ll be sure to let them know why.
Buy more guns and ammo...

Haha...funny you say that.
I have six more builds on order right now including two AR pistols.
And....yet again....nothing is a better money maker for the NRA and gun sales than a mass shooting.

Lie, lie, lie...very predictable.
This seems to concern you somehow....and yet you are afraid to address the every evidence I reply to in each of my posts.
I have $3,100 worth of excercise equipment being delivered this week. I’ll call shortly and cancel the order. I’ll be sure to let them know why.

And....yet again....nothing is a better money maker for the NRA and gun sales than a mass shooting.

This seems to concern you somehow....and yet you are afraid to address the every evidence I reply to in each of my posts.

I haven't seen any evidence, comrade. Just your repeated false assertion that the NRA makes money on mass shootings.

Weapons are just part of an enormous list of things the Progressives have a completely screwed up view towards ... :thup:

That's why they find it easier to blame the firearm and the NRA.
Otherwise they would have to inspect the multitude of Progressive policies that shielded Nikolas Cruz from the consequences of his actions prior to shooting up the school.

The school district's policies in handling Nikolas Cruz...
Did more towards ensuring he never got the attention he required/warranted ...
And that could have helped prevent the incident.

Exactly....nothing is more profitable for the NRA and gun sales than a good All-American mass shooting.

But they do sell memberships.....and I'm quite sure there's some serious kick-back going on between their leaders and gun manufacturers. (and the Russian mafia connection is another interesting possibility)

Since the Russians are trying to sow dissent and divide us, it's much more likely that you're a Russian troll trying to divide and weaken us by undermining our rights. So, if you want to go with conspiracy theories, I'll put that one out.
You go with that, ok? I'll go with what I read the NRA/gun owning/gun buying RWrs on this thread (and other threads) are actually saying. Ok?

It's been a moderate buy for a few weeks, wait and see at the end of this week or early next week to see what analysts say. Today is emotion trading, never a good thing

I can sell my shares for a nice little profit if those emotions push the stock into the low 40's.

Retail is rough in the markets...I like the energy sector

Unless you're Home Depot. We bought a bunch of stock five years ago and I am quite pleased with the results. Very pleased. That investment is going to more than cover our new roof, gutters, soffit /fascia, and, a fresh coat of paint this spring. God bless capitalism! lol

Never heard of ‘em.

Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

i have heard of them there is one around here however they are too expensive

so i usually buy from a private FFL or dunnham sports

so no sweat off my balls

I haven't seen any evidence, comrade. Just your repeated false assertion that the NRA makes money on mass shootings.
You haven't seen the posts by posters here saying they were joining/renewing their NRA membership? Well, I suppose ignorance can be bliss to some............

Mass shootings = spike in gun sales and NRA membership. You can try to put lipstick on that pig all you want.
That is logically flawed, and you know it.

Let's map this out, logically.

Which one looks more logically sound:

Mass shooting = gun sales and NRA membership spikes,
therefore, mass shootings cause gun sales/NRA spike

OR

mass shooting + demand for gun control = gun sales/NRA spike

You can call victory on this all day long, but the left is responsible for the NRA/Sales spikes. Remove that element, and nothing changes.

You go with that, ok? I'll go with what I read the NRA/gun owning/gun buying RWrs on this thread (and other threads) are actually saying. Ok?

Yes I can see how you cherish that lie. However, it isn't the mass shooting that brings members to the NRA, it's gun grabbing ninnies and Russian trolls that create the idea that the 2nd Amendment is under attack that causes new members to join the NRA.

Well, it's damned hard to shoot 31 people without one.

That's not the question I asked.
That old chestnut? I was politely ignoring it.

I see, so you already know what the deal is.

Q: Why is the left going after the guns and not calling for law-enforcement and education reform?

Lemme get this straight, leftists influenced government policy that failed, then want law-abiding citizens to give up their rights because the way they do the government fails? What is this? The Bizarro universe?

I think not!

:umno: :whatsign: :no_text11:
Get this straight, Marion: I am equally supportive of reforms and programs like ERPO for law enforcement and programs that try to intervene with troubled kids like Cruz BEFORE they go off their nut. I also support getting graphic images of humans killing humans greatly reduced on tv, movies and in video games. This particular thread is on gun control, which is why that is what I'm talking about.

Yeah well, it wasn't people being able to own guns legally that got 17 kids dead in Broward county.

1) It was the abolition of State Mental Health institutions which physically restrained nutjobs vs. "chemical restraint" methods lobbied for and won by the leftists. Mental hospitals were closed in the 60s.

2) Leftist policies between the Broward County Sheriff's office and school board kept the crazy boy from ever getting arrested, charged with crimes he committed, or Baker acted.

3) The school resource officer did not do his job

4) Leftists designating schools "Gun Free Zones" made everyone on campus an unarmed target.

5) The state DCF did not do their job, despite the LEO being called on the boy 39 times.

6) The leftist indoctrination system teaches children to ignore what their parents teach them, forbids parents and schools from discipling children, then squares that with teaching "subjective morality" and "secular humanity".

Yeah, the only way that could get worse is to place them into a state-run instituion.

#6 produces quasi-state babies. WTF did you tards think would happen, dipshits? No limits? No God? No morality?

And you're scratching your ass and wondering why they're churning out depraved monsters?

You created this situation, leftists. You're not the solution.

So, tell me more about how people should be denied the gun they want by leftists, because they know so much about people, and their policies are succeeding greatly? They're not.
Don't rant at me with your general leftist ire.
I always say, when really bad things happen in life, the only thing we can do is learn from it. Hopefully, lots of people will learn lots of things from this.

They will lose a lot of business.

Yeah, and Trump&Co will find a way to punish all businesses which defy his benefactor, the NRA. Soon sanctions will be imposed on every company, large or small, who follow Dick's response.

[it seems sanctions are important to protect the Republicans, but not to protect US democracy from Russia's cyber war against our elections]

Show support for your claim.

The first data points are:
  • Attacks on Voting Rights
  • Attacks on the press
  • Attacks on Cable News
  • Georgia's attack on Delta
  • Attacks on Federal LE

You haven't seen the posts by posters here saying they were joining/renewing their NRA membership? Well, I suppose ignorance can be bliss to some............

brekhnya! That is happening not because of the mass shooting but because of the hysterical Left and people like you creating an atmosphere where the 2nd Amendment must be protected.

Forum List

Back