Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

I will repeat my pretty simple question:
What is it about the AR platform that makes it the weapon of choice for mass shooters?
If it is no different than any other rifle on the market, why do they choose it and why are people so bent out of shape about the possibility of needing to buy one of these "equal" rifles.
I got one answer, saying the AR is built to take any number of add ons, adapting it to any need. So what specific need do mass shooters have and what add on do they use that makes it the weapon of choice for them? What "adaptations" are they talking about?

The media have made the AR-15 the weapon of choice...

Do you realize that the worst mass school shooting in this country was done with 2 pistols? Pistols used against college students, not high school students.....they are easier to conceal, you can carry several of them if you want, and they are just as easy for a mass shooter to murder people as an AR-15 in close quarters like the inside of a building....

The only reason they are taking the AR-15 is because it has been hyped by the media....
Yeah, I see it on the tv every night. It is all over my ads when I go to Google. It is on every other page of Good Housekeeping.
Try a different argument.

It is in every video game, it is the first thing democrat politicians call to ban when any mass shooting happens...they called for banning it before shooters were actually using it.........you don't even think before you post....
Okay. Let's blame the media for this, too. Better than blaming the gun.

It's not the gun, OldLady, it's the people using it.

You're in a room with a loaded .45 and a kitten, which one is more dangerous to you?
Well, it's damned hard to shoot 31 people without one.

Someone under 21 should sue their ass right away.

Well hop to it Marty :)

I'm 42 and in a State that doesn't prohibit age discrimination in PA's.
You`re saying 12 year olds can buy assault rifles in your state?

Age discrimination is legal for PA's in my State, but even in States where it is not, majority is the limit, below which you can be discriminated against.
Also you can be discriminated against for products that are banned for your age, such as alcohol everywhere, and tobacco in some places when you are under 21, but above 18.

What is your main concern with the AR platform? Be specific. What about the AR platform do you believe is too dangerous for civilians to possess?
I will repeat my pretty simple question:
What is it about the AR platform that makes it the weapon of choice for mass shooters?
If it is no different than any other rifle on the market, why do they choose it and why are people so bent out of shape about the possibility of needing to buy one of these "equal" rifles.
I got one answer, saying the AR is built to take any number of add ons, adapting it to any need. So what specific need do mass shooters have and what add on do they use that makes it the weapon of choice for them? What "adaptations" are they talking about?

Do you realize that the worst mass school shooting in this country was done with 2 pistols? Pistols used against college students, not high school students.....they are easier to conceal, you can carry several of them if you want, and they are just as easy for a mass shooter to murder people as an AR-15 in close quarters like the inside of a building....

The only reason they are taking the AR-15 is because it has been hyped by the media....
Yeah, I see it on the tv every night. It is all over my ads when I go to Google. It is on every other page of Good Housekeeping.

It is in every video game, it is the first thing democrat politicians call to ban when any mass shooting happens...they called for banning it before shooters were actually using it.........you don't even think before you post....

Did the gun use an uber and fire itself?

I have $3,100 worth of excercise equipment being delivered this week. I’ll call shortly and cancel the order. I’ll be sure to let them know why.
Buy more guns and ammo...
Because.....mass shootings are good for the NRA and the gun business.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.
How is it a lie....over and over and over, I'm seeing posts from people here ADMITTING they are running out NOW to get more guns. I don't say anything about mass shootings are good for the NRA and the gun business EXCEPT in reply to posts admitting that's exactly what they are doing. Have you not noticed?
I'll bet a lot of them are seeing dollar signs. Buy now and once they're illegal or at least not produced anymore, you can sell it for twice what you paid.

You're in a room with a loaded .45 and a kitten, which one is more dangerous to you?

The Virginia tech shooter used two pistols to murder 32 college age students......

It's been used too often to shoot up crowds.
So? That's an emotional response, and not preferred, especially when infringing on constitutional rights.

It is not used for hunting.
WRONG, and irrelevant. It's a bill of rights, not a bill of hunting.

It has no practical purpose except killing lots of people as fast as possible.
Not only is this wrong, but it's double wrong. It is used for hunting and home defense, and is not designed to kill as many people as possible. That is completely false.

That is what it was designed for, as the M-16.
Wrong again. The M-16 was designed for light-weight engagements with armed enemies in the 100 to 500 yard range. It was designed around the 5.56 cartridge, rather than the bigger, heavier, less-survivable 7.62 cartridge.

It was designed to injure, not kill, because it is part of the Geneva Conventions, and because Injured soldiers are not only incapacitated, but they require the attention of other soldiers.

Why Colt decided to make a civilian knock off and market it to the public is beyond me.
Demand. Only demand. We the people wanted the very useful and versatile platform.

They should be shot for it.
With what type of gun?
:lmao:

You are ignorant on the topic of guns. You should not be making decisions about any type of gun control. You are emotional, not logical, at least on this topic. Please educate yourself, then come back with real solutions.

not really.. 10 round mags take 3 sec. on average to drop and re-load...

The Virginia tech shooter used two pistols to murder 32 college age students......
I know dear. You've told me at least one hundred times.

That's not the question I asked.

It's damned hard to shoot 31 people without a GUN.
You guys need oxygen. Take a breath.

The guy in Nice, France murdered 86 people with a rental truck, making it a worse mass murder incident than any mass public shooting in the United States......

Well hey, doesn't every deer hunter absolutely need an AR with 8 or 10 thirty round magazines?
Trust me when I say, if I wanted to hunt people, I would use a deer rifle.

If I want to defend my home? AR platform weapon. And I want as many rounds in a magazine as I can get.

That's not the question I asked.
That old chestnut? I was politely ignoring it.

I have $3,100 worth of excercise equipment being delivered this week. I’ll call shortly and cancel the order. I’ll be sure to let them know why.
Buy more guns and ammo...

Haha...funny you say that.
I have six more builds on order right now including two AR pistols.
And....yet again....nothing is a better money maker for the NRA and gun sales than a mass shooting.

Lie, lie, lie...very predictable.
This seems to concern you somehow....and yet you are afraid to address the every evidence I reply to in each of my posts.

The guy in Nice, France murdered 86 people with a rental truck, making it a worse mass murder incident than any mass public shooting in the United States......
Yes. And Assad killed his own people with barrel bombs full of Sarin gas. Lots of bad things happen in the world.

This seems to concern you somehow....and yet you are afraid to address the every evidence I reply to in each of my posts.
Dude, I agree that the NRA and manufacturere/sellers benefit from mass shootings, but it is not because of the shootings themselves. It is the gun-grabbing rhetoric from the left that causes people to fear a ban and desire to buy before the ban takes effect.

The left's behavior is pushing gun sales.

Forum List

Back