Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

You're right. Don't let the liars get you down.
What is your main concern with the AR platform? Be specific. What about the AR platform do you believe is too dangerous for civilians to possess?
I will repeat my pretty simple question:
What is it about the AR platform that makes it the weapon of choice for mass shooters?
If it is no different than any other rifle on the market, why do they choose it and why are people so bent out of shape about the possibility of needing to buy one of these "equal" rifles.
I got one answer, saying the AR is built to take any number of add ons, adapting it to any need. So what specific need do mass shooters have and what add on do they use that makes it the weapon of choice for them? What "adaptations" are they talking about?

The media have made the AR-15 the weapon of choice...

Do you realize that the worst mass school shooting in this country was done with 2 pistols? Pistols used against college students, not high school students.....they are easier to conceal, you can carry several of them if you want, and they are just as easy for a mass shooter to murder people as an AR-15 in close quarters like the inside of a building....

The only reason they are taking the AR-15 is because it has been hyped by the media....

What is your main concern with the AR platform? Be specific. What about the AR platform do you believe is too dangerous for civilians to possess?
What is it about the AR platform that makes it the weapon of choice for mass shooters?
If it is no different than any other rifle on the market, why do they choose it and why are people so bent out of shape about the possibility of needing to buy one of these "equal" rifles.
I got one answer, saying the AR is built to take any number of add ons, adapting it to any need. So what specific need do mass shooters have and what add on do they use that makes it the weapon of choice for them? What "adaptations" are they talking about?

It’s the current “Bad Boy” rifle.
Why do wetbacks all choose pit bulls?
For dog fighting. Because pit bulls are the fiercest fighters and they won't give up their hold once they've sunk their teeth in. That propensity has been bred into it until it is a trait. So they give the best show. So tell me what about AR's make them the choice of mass shooters.

I don't know. A shotgun would be a MUCH better choice.

I don't know. Ignorance? Maybe the left's obsession with it makes them mistakenly believe it is the best weapon for mass shootings.
:dunno:

I said that the AR platform is more useful to the average civilian. I said NOTHING about the platform being more effective for mass shooters.

Again, why do they use ARs? I don't know. If I wanted to shoot up a school, and mass death toll is my goal, I would load up a couple of shotguns and maybe a few hand guns and go to work. The AR is designed for engagements between 100 and 500 yards. It is rarely the preferred weapon in a CQB situation (like a mass shooting).

So, again, what is your problem with the AR platform?

The problem is in some States you can't discriminate in a PA due to age. Guns are not banned for people under 21 in those States, so Dicks is breaking PA laws there.

Dick's is still a private business.
I guess you could sue for equal protection under the law ... But I doubt it would make that much of a difference.

I would rather move away from the government's ability to regulate private business ...
Not necessarily support precedence for enforcing their will on private business.

Let Dick's hang themselves ... Or do what they think is best.
It's their business ... And you don't have to do business with them.

I have no issue with PA laws that apply to actual PA's. Dicks lets the public into their store, and sell point of sale items.

If the State's law says you can't discriminate based on age, they have to sell to anyone over 18 who can legally own a firearm.

I will ask my pretty simple question, why is the left attacking the NRA and not the gov. Officials who sat by and let these murders happen?

Turn FOX off and see what the survivors at the school in FL are doing. The congressmen who refuse to budge on sensible gun rules....that are supported by a majority of NRA members are being held up by checks from the NRA.

Playing the "That Isn't What You Call It" game is getting old. Everyone knows what we're talking about. I agree we need a word that describes it more accurately than "weapons of mass destruction," but until that happens, you might do better addressing the actual issue rather than playing semantics games that won't get you anywhere.

Your side can't say "ban semi-auto weapons" because you know it will never happen. so you make up soooper sceeery words for them, and hope you fool enough people to get legislation passed.

The Democratic control proposal would ban all semi-autos, even handguns.

BUT BUT BUT I THOUGHT THE DEMS WEREN'T GOING TO BAN GUNS!!!

either you are all liars, all idiots, or somewhere in between.
I am not saying "ban all semi-auto weapons" because it has been explained to me that most guns in this country, whether rifle or handgun, are semiauto's in the sense that a bullet enters the chamber as soon as one has been fired. The argument is not against all guns, so saying "all semi-auto's" wouldn't be accurate.

Then why in the world are you afraid of the AR-15....which is the exact same gun as all the other guns you just said you don't want to ban?.....your response is not rational or thought out.....
The AR is not "the exact same gun" as the others and your response is the one that is irrational. I'm not playing that game with you anymore, Guy. You know weapons and you know why people buy them and why mass shooters choose them most of the time. So telling me I'm irrational and not thinking doesn't fly.

Yes.....they are the exact same gun.....the mechanism that fires the bullet is the same as any other semi auto rifle......dittos for semi auto pistols and shotguns....you pull the trigger, a round is fired and another round is loaded...this also applies to revolvers..

You couldn't play a game with me you don't even know what the game is....

Mass shooters are choosing the AR because of video games and media demonization of the AR-15.....if the media starts hyping another weapon, that will become the choice of mass shooters.

I remember when the media was on the outdated SKS rifle as it "evil weapon". They banned it in California. Didn't affect crime at all.

Do you realize that the worst mass school shooting in this country was done with 2 pistols? Pistols used against college students, not high school students.....they are easier to conceal, you can carry several of them if you want, and they are just as easy for a mass shooter to murder people as an AR-15 in close quarters like the inside of a building....

The only reason they are taking the AR-15 is because it has been hyped by the media....
Yeah, I see it on the tv every night. It is all over my ads when I go to Google. It is on every other page of Good Housekeeping.
Try a different argument.

The problem is in some States you can't discriminate in a PA due to age. Guns are not banned for people under 21 in those States, so Dicks is breaking PA laws there.

Dick's is still a private business.
I guess you could sue for equal protection under the law ... But I doubt it would make that much of a difference.

I would rather move away from the government's ability to regulate private business ...
Not necessarily support precedence for enforcing their will on private business.

Let Dick's hang themselves ... Or do what they think is best.
It's their business ... And you don't have to do business with them.

Think the point he is making is the show of hypocrisy. If this was a Baker the left would be shitting themselves
Do you know what a Public Accomodation law is?

I will ask my pretty simple question, why is the left attacking the NRA and not the gov. Officials who sat by and let these murders happen?
It`s the National Rampage Association that beats back even the most innocuous gun regulation proposals. They fought Pa. when the state wanted people to report when their guns are stolen. The gun/criminal lobby supports straw buyers obviously.

That lie again.........which laws have they beat back, and now, for the brave part, explain what in the law would stop a mass shooter or criminal from getting the gun.....

Take the challenge, be specific...throwing out allegations then running back to your bedroom doesn't count...

What is the point in reporting stolen guns to police? How does that apply to mass shooters? The average time on the street of a stolen gun is about 11 years....so other than getting their gun back when it is found by the police....what possible benefit is it to know when a gun is stolen?

No....the NRA does not support straw buyers.....it is democrats in democrat cities who refuse to prosecute the baby momma's, grandmothers, sisters and mothers of gang banger who buy the guns....because they can pass federal background checks, which means...you doofus....that they can pass any other background check on a private sale too....you doofus.

I have $3,100 worth of excercise equipment being delivered this week. I’ll call shortly and cancel the order. I’ll be sure to let them know why.
Buy more guns and ammo...

Haha...funny you say that.
I have six more builds on order right now including two AR pistols.
And....yet again....nothing is a better money maker for the NRA and gun sales than a mass shooting.

Lie, lie, lie...very predictable.

Then why in the world are you afraid of the AR-15....which is the exact same gun as all the other guns you just said you don't want to ban?.....your response is not rational or thought out.....
The AR is not "the exact same gun" as the others and your response is the one that is irrational. I'm not playing that game with you anymore, Guy. You know weapons and you know why people buy them and why mass shooters choose them most of the time. So telling me I'm irrational and not thinking doesn't fly.

The mechanism is exactly the same for almost all semi-automatic rifles.

Know what you are talking about before you get a position on something.
Then why are so many people screeching about possibly needing to buy one of these "exact same" other rifles?

It's not the rifle, it's the simple fact that

1) The law to ban "scary rifles" won't help anything
2) The actual law being proposed by democrats would ban all semi-auto weapons, despite their pleas that they don't want to "ban all guns"
3) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust anyone who can't get the technical things right, or won't even try
4) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust gun controllers period, mostly due to things like item 2.

If you have a link to the proposed law, that would be good....

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

Yeah, I see it on the tv every night. It is all over my ads when I go to Google. It is on every other page of Good Housekeeping.
Try a different argument.

It is in every video game, it is the first thing democrat politicians call to ban when any mass shooting happens...they called for banning it before shooters were actually using it.........you don't even think before you post....

The mechanism is exactly the same for almost all semi-automatic rifles.

Know what you are talking about before you get a position on something.
Then why are so many people screeching about possibly needing to buy one of these "exact same" other rifles?

It's not the rifle, it's the simple fact that

1) The law to ban "scary rifles" won't help anything
2) The actual law being proposed by democrats would ban all semi-auto weapons, despite their pleas that they don't want to "ban all guns"
3) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust anyone who can't get the technical things right, or won't even try
4) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust gun controllers period, mostly due to things like item 2.

If you have a link to the proposed law, that would be good....

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

That's really gonna drive people to vote for them in the midterms.

Not! :badgrin:

I don't know. A shotgun would be a MUCH better choice.

I don't know. Ignorance? Maybe the left's obsession with it makes them mistakenly believe it is the best weapon for mass shootings.
:dunno:

I said that the AR platform is more useful to the average civilian. I said NOTHING about the platform being more effective for mass shooters.

Again, why do they use ARs? I don't know. If I wanted to shoot up a school, and mass death toll is my goal, I would load up a couple of shotguns and maybe a few hand guns and go to work. The AR is designed for engagements between 100 and 500 yards. It is rarely the preferred weapon in a CQB situation (like a mass shooting).

So, again, what is your problem with the AR platform?
It's been used too often to shoot up crowds. It is not used for hunting. It has no practical purpose except killing lots of people as fast as possible. That is what it was designed for, as the M-16. Why Colt decided to make a civilian knock off and market it to the public is beyond me. They should be shot for it.

Which goes to prove that no one profits MORE from mass shootings than the NRA and gun stores.
Which begs the question, why keep pushing gun control if it only serves to give them more money and power?
Which begs the further question, who's the one's who keep screaming that "they are trying to take our guns!"?

It`s the National Rampage Association that beats back even the most innocuous gun regulation proposals. They fought Pa. when the state wanted people to report when their guns are stolen. The gun/criminal lobby supports straw buyers obviously.

That lie again.........which laws have they beat back, and now, for the brave part, explain what in the law would stop a mass shooter or criminal from getting the gun.....

Take the challenge, be specific...throwing out allegations then running back to your bedroom doesn't count...

What is the point in reporting stolen guns to police? How does that apply to mass shooters? The average time on the street of a stolen gun is about 11 years....so other than getting their gun back when it is found by the police....what possible benefit is it to know when a gun is stolen?

No....the NRA does not support straw buyers.....it is democrats in democrat cities who refuse to prosecute the baby momma's, grandmothers, sisters and mothers of gang banger who buy the guns....because they can pass federal background checks, which means...you doofus....that they can pass any other background check on a private sale too....you doofus.
You too support straw buyers. I appreciate your honesty.

Forum List

Back