Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

Someone under 21 should sue their ass right away.
For what? Not selling something they no longer want to sell? Oh....is this what the RW wants? To force businesses to sell certain stuff?

Dick's is actually a PA, a walk in store selling goods. If they deny a sale to a 20 year old, and their are age discrimination laws in place, they can be fined or sued.

The reason stores don't get in trouble not selling alcohol or tobacco (where the law applies) to under 21 people is because the law tells them not to.

And before you go to the cakes, I have always stated there should be no discrimination in actual Public Accommodations, involving point of sale transactions.
Show that age is in your state's PA laws.

Not NY, but 19 states and D.C.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/state-public-accommodation-laws.aspx
Therefore, Dicks, in those states may very well have a legal issue.

It’s been posted here....a Mini 14 and an AR are essentially the same rifle...the 14 is often used for hunting. One has tattoos and piercings, it’s appearance scares pussies....the other is a computer nerd so no one pays attention to it.Both equally capable.
`
I only know what I've been told, by men experienced in hunting and what I see. I live in a rather rural area, mainly wooded. I just don't see people hunting with those assault type rifles, except on rare occasions.
`
You're right. Don't let the liars get you down.

Walmart to end sales of assault rifles in US stores
Source: New York Times

"Walmart said on Wednesday that it would no longer sell high-powered rifles in its stores in the United States. The decision followed years of public pressure on the retailer to stop selling some of the most lethal weapons associated with many of the nation’s mass shootings. .....

Walmart, the nation’s largest seller of guns and ammunition, attributed its decision to lower consumer demand for such military-style rifles, not gun politics. It said that it was adding to its offerings of shotguns and other weapons used by hunters."

Read more: Walmart to End Sales of Assault-Style Rifles in U.S. Stores
YES! It just took one to break the ice. I'm getting chills, for real. I never thought they'd do it.

My condolences to Martha
Who's that?

Martha stewart has interest in Walmart's----remember her----
the cake and cookie lady?

We have determined that military style knock offs sold in the civilian market that mimic military weapons except for the full auto feature are now to be called "oops." Problem solved. Stop trying to stop discussion by playing that old semantics game.

I am surprised Wal-Mart didn't cut them out earlier.
They were expensive to stock ... And stock only has value if you can move it.

What they carried that fits the description was available in their stock ... And stayed on the rack.
What they offered was (as usual) the low-end of the spectrum.

Most shooters that desire a quality firearm (especially if they are going to spend that kind of money on one) ...
Would naturally seek out a more qualified dealer and get something a little more appropriate.

Wal-Mart may have sold a few to folks who wanted a cheap buy ...
But I wouldn't assume it comprised a large segment of their market to start with ... :dunno:

True. Walmart shoppers are not usually in the market for the high-end of anything.
As a huge American retailer, however, I am glad they pulled them off the shelves.

That bit is explained in the article, which apparently you didn’t read.
You understand that there is no such thing as "assault style' rifles, right?
You understand that you are a lying son of a bitch? Any rifle that can be fired 30 times in under ten seconds is an assault rifle. And should not be sold to the general public. As has been proven in Vegas, Texas, and now Florida, lethal when a crazy gets their hands on it. And in the meantime, the NRA defends arming people with mental problems.
You're a lying ****.

An assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon.

Fucking moron.

Wrong....a fully automatic weapon is illegal. Assault weapons are also semi auto...

Full auto weapons are not illegal.

You are correct to a degree....but u will need to find a auto made before 1986...and register with the ATF. See below

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-to-own-a-fully-automatic-weapon-in-the-US-Why-or-why-not

Marty, I have been asking this same simple question for days and no one has answered me. Including you.
Can you answer it, please?
The mechanism is exactly the same for almost all semi-automatic rifles.
Then why are so many people screeching about possibly needing to buy one of these "exact same" other rifles?
Why are we "screeching" about the need to buy these other rifles?

Because they are also great for home defense and very effective.

I don't understand the question.
If the AR's are no different than other rifles on the market, I would think people could just buy another "equal" rifle.
they do fool. The AR 15 is not even a very powerful rifle.

Just powerful enough to rip a body apart.

Oh? They don't want to ban guns, aye?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ider-gun-purchase-age-bump-stock-ban-and-more

"
Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.

• Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.

• "
  • Requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock.
  • Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines."
Talk about government picking winners and losers in business. :uhoh3:
^That's just a foot in the door. :eusa_naughty:

Senators Introduce Assault Weapons Ban

Progressives oppose any sort of weapon that includes compound bows

Weapons are just part of an enormous list of things the Progressives have a completely screwed up view towards ... :thup:

That's why they find it easier to blame the firearm and the NRA.
Otherwise they would have to inspect the multitude of Progressive policies that shielded Nikolas Cruz from the consequences of his actions prior to shooting up the school.

The school district's policies in handling Nikolas Cruz...
Did more towards ensuring he never got the attention he required/warranted ...
And that could have helped prevent the incident.

Yep, My firearms and ammo sales have skyrocketed over the last week or so…
:dance:
Exactly....nothing is more profitable for the NRA and gun sales than a good All-American mass shooting.

Got my first deer at the tender age of 13, with my Dad. 20 gauge Remington 870 pump with a slug. Pow right in the throat
`
Did it have a big kick? I have a modified shot gun, but I use it for home security. I've shot seven deer since I started hunting, the last three I even field dressed myself. I harvest the meat. Big venison eating family.
`

Let's say we ban the AR platform. Then what?

That's just it ... And part of what defeated the previous Assault Weapons Ban.

Even if they banned the AR platform ...
That doesn't prevent a manufacture from altering the platform to circumvent the ban.

In essence ... They will have to come for a great deal of your firearms because there is so much cross-over.
It would be ineffective unless it reached into other categories.

They cannot ban innovation.

Walmart to end sales of assault rifles in US stores
Source: New York Times

"Walmart said on Wednesday that it would no longer sell high-powered rifles in its stores in the United States. The decision followed years of public pressure on the retailer to stop selling some of the most lethal weapons associated with many of the nation’s mass shootings. .....

Walmart, the nation’s largest seller of guns and ammunition, attributed its decision to lower consumer demand for such military-style rifles, not gun politics. It said that it was adding to its offerings of shotguns and other weapons used by hunters."

Read more: Walmart to End Sales of Assault-Style Rifles in U.S. Stores
YES! It just took one to break the ice. I'm getting chills, for real. I never thought they'd do it.

My condolences to Martha
Who's that?

Martha stewart has interest in Walmart's----remember her----
the cake and cookie lady?
I bought a set of her dishes once. They wound up being a piece of shit. Chipped, faded in no time.
Walmart won't suffer for this. Mark my words.

Progressives oppose any sort of weapon that includes compound bows

Weapons are just part of an enormous list of things the Progressives have a completely screwed up view towards ... :thup:

That's why they find it easier to blame the firearm and the NRA.
Otherwise they would have to inspect the multitude of Progressive policies that shielded Nikolas Cruz from the consequences of his actions prior to shooting up the school.

The school district's policies in handling Nikolas Cruz...
Did more towards ensuring he never got the attention he required/warranted ...
And that could have helped prevent the incident.

Yep, My firearms and ammo sales have skyrocketed over the last week or so…
:dance:
Exactly....nothing is more profitable for the NRA and gun sales than a good All-American mass shooting.

The NRA doesn't sell weapons.

Meanwhile at other gun shops; my husband is seriously considering buying this one for later lolz - Axelson Tactical Tribute Series Centerfire Rifles : Cabela's

Proving once again that these school shootings are good for gun business.

No morons like you are good for guns businesses.

Nope...several posters here have reinforced what I said.....that school shootings, all mass shootings are excellent for the NRA and the gun business. I own guns....but I'm not so terrified of my fellow Americans that I'm running out right now to buy guns guns guns.

Forum List

Back