Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

`
I've been hunting for 12 years now, since I was 22. My teachers, thee older gents from around here, are the best. I've met hundreds of hunters and sportsmen. They use my land and rent my barn. Outside of a few clowns from Illinois, no serious sportsman who comes here hunts with an assault type rifle. Those are for scared urban people.
`

Great for varmint hunting and a lot of fun.

what is the nature of the varmints-----pests or food?
------I will tell you if they are kosher (for eating, that is) ---
assuming you do not shoot them but just GRAB them and
carry them home ------for slaughter. If they are pests----I have no comment. If they are DANGEROUS to stray children-----no comment. I have a copy of the classical
JOY OF COOKING-----it includes recipes for squirrels---
possum and bear-----I will be delighted to share

Looks like im going to bass pro shop for my fishing line saturday instead of dicks.
Its almost 40 minutes farther away but at least they arent knee jerking faggots

It is the corporation choice to stop selling certain things and I support theor right to do so than have the government pass laws that are worthless.

So I really see no problem with Dick's choice to stop selling certain product.

Just my opinion.

The problem is in some States you can't discriminate in a PA due to age. Guns are not banned for people under 21 in those States, so Dicks is breaking PA laws there.

Then let the lawyers of that state deal with it. I believe if they are breaking the law then they will have to make the choice of either selling to those 18 or above or don't sell firearms at all.

I do agree with their right not to sell certain firearms which is their chpice but you are correct they can not stop an 18 year old from buying a product if it is not against the law and they sell it.

Quick Google search reveals six places within 15 miles that will happily sell me an AR 15

And that is the store right. I have no issue either way when it come to the store not selling a product and support their right just like if they want to sell it.

As for not allowing someone under 21 to buy a gun, well let the lawyers figure that one out because if it is legal then I can not see how they can refuse the sale based on age because if they can then where does it stop?

The problem is in some States you can't discriminate in a PA due to age. Guns are not banned for people under 21 in those States, so Dicks is breaking PA laws there.

Dick's is still a private business.
I guess you could sue for equal protection under the law ... But I doubt it would make that much of a difference.

I would rather move away from the government's ability to regulate private business ...
Not necessarily support precedence for enforcing their will on private business.

Let Dick's hang themselves ... Or do what they think is best.
It's their business ... And you don't have to do business with them.

Think the point he is making is the show of hypocrisy. If this was a Baker the left would be shitting themselves

`
I've been hunting for 12 years now, since I was 22. My teachers, thee older gents from around here, are the best. I've met hundreds of hunters and sportsmen. They use my land and rent my barn. Outside of a few clowns from Illinois, no serious sportsman who comes here hunts with an assault type rifle. Those are for scared urban people.
`

carry them home ------for slaughter. If they are pests----I have no comment. If they are DANGEROUS to stray children-----no comment. I have a copy of the classical

Where we used to live my husband used his for coyotes and coy dogs. He's also been on prairie dog hunts out west but that was long ago

Walmart to end sales of assault rifles in US stores
Source: New York Times

"Walmart said on Wednesday that it would no longer sell high-powered rifles in its stores in the United States. The decision followed years of public pressure on the retailer to stop selling some of the most lethal weapons associated with many of the nation’s mass shootings. .....

Walmart, the nation’s largest seller of guns and ammunition, attributed its decision to lower consumer demand for such military-style rifles, not gun politics. It said that it was adding to its offerings of shotguns and other weapons used by hunters."

Read more: Walmart to End Sales of Assault-Style Rifles in U.S. Stores

`
`

What does the 2nd have to do with hunting?

Never heard of ‘em.

Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Awesome thanks - I need to pick up some new fishing gear and waders for spring. Dick's is only a mile or two past Cabela's. I'll spend the extra 5 minutes :D

I am not saying "ban all semi-auto weapons" because it has been explained to me that most guns in this country, whether rifle or handgun, are semiauto's in the sense that a bullet enters the chamber as soon as one has been fired. The argument is not against all guns, so saying "all semi-auto's" wouldn't be accurate.

Then why in the world are you afraid of the AR-15....which is the exact same gun as all the other guns you just said you don't want to ban?.....your response is not rational or thought out.....
The AR is not "the exact same gun" as the others and your response is the one that is irrational. I'm not playing that game with you anymore, Guy. You know weapons and you know why people buy them and why mass shooters choose them most of the time. So telling me I'm irrational and not thinking doesn't fly.

The mechanism is exactly the same for almost all semi-automatic rifles.

Know what you are talking about before you get a position on something.
Then why are so many people screeching about possibly needing to buy one of these "exact same" other rifles?

It's not the rifle, it's the simple fact that

1) The law to ban "scary rifles" won't help anything
2) The actual law being proposed by democrats would ban all semi-auto weapons, despite their pleas that they don't want to "ban all guns"
3) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust anyone who can't get the technical things right, or won't even try
4) That people who support RKBA simply don't trust gun controllers period, mostly due to things like item 2.

If you have a link to the proposed law, that would be good....

Looks like im going to bass pro shop for my fishing line saturday instead of dicks.
Its almost 40 minutes farther away but at least they arent knee jerking faggots

It is the corporation choice to stop selling certain things and I support theor right to do so than have the government pass laws that are worthless.

So I really see no problem with Dick's choice to stop selling certain product.

Just my opinion.
Hey, they can do whatever they want. They just have to face the consequences.

Why even care?

It is not like you can not buy the firearm somewhere else.

Now I do agree the 21 year old nonsense is just bullshit and straw purchases will happen...

`
`

Where we used to live my husband used his for coyotes and coy dogs. He's also been on prairie dog hunts out west but that was long ago

coy dogs??? (I is a yankee girl) ------are coyotes PESTS
(don't answer-----your answer might get you in trouble)

Is your state overrun by feral pigs? They are incredibly destructive and a general nuisance.

Semi-automatic .223 rifles are great for hunting them.

But, that doesn't matter. Whether I need an AR rifle or not is irrelevant.

It's not a bill of needs. It's a bill of rights.

Walmart to end sales of assault rifles in US stores
Source: New York Times

"Walmart said on Wednesday that it would no longer sell high-powered rifles in its stores in the United States. The decision followed years of public pressure on the retailer to stop selling some of the most lethal weapons associated with many of the nation’s mass shootings. .....

Walmart, the nation’s largest seller of guns and ammunition, attributed its decision to lower consumer demand for such military-style rifles, not gun politics. It said that it was adding to its offerings of shotguns and other weapons used by hunters."

Read more: Walmart to End Sales of Assault-Style Rifles in U.S. Stores

It is Wal-Mart choice.

`
`

coy dogs??? (I is a yankee girl) ------are coyotes PESTS
(don't answer-----your answer might get you in trouble)

Cross breed between a coyote and domestic dog. Mean and little fear of humans. No use at all, just kill them

Think the point he is making is the show of hypocrisy. If this was a Baker the left would be shutting themselves

It does show hypocrisy ...
But that in no way supports the idea we should go from one knee jerk measure to another just in attempts to make a point.

Legal precedence and the law are long-term ... Don't open a door unless you are willing to accept everything that is going to come through it.
You'll have to excuse me ... I am actually a conservative.

You understand that there is no such thing as "assault style' rifles, right?
You understand that you are a lying son of a bitch? Any rifle that can be fired 30 times in under ten seconds is an assault rifle. And should not be sold to the general public. As has been proven in Vegas, Texas, and now Florida, lethal when a crazy gets their hands on it. And in the meantime, the NRA defends arming people with mental problems.
You're a lying ****.

An assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon.

Fucking moron.
Playing the "That Isn't What You Call It" game is getting old. Everyone knows what we're talking about. I agree we need a word that describes it more accurately than "weapons of mass destruction," but until that happens, you might do better addressing the actual issue rather than playing semantics games that won't get you anywhere.

Do they really? EVERY gun control idiot I've seen on the media had /zero/ clue what any of this shit means. They say crap like "scary big gun" and "military grade" and when you tell them that like 99% of the guns out there in America today are semi-automatic, or that fully automatic guns have been banned for ages, or that there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" - they're clueless.

Fuck even NBC can't figure out the difference;
Michael Keyes on Twitter

And yet, we're expected to believe that these same dumbasses are "only" going after the "assault rifles" oh wait no the "machine guns" wait no the "AR-15"

Shall we take a guess at how many dumbasses, who ya'll think should be dictating policy and taking away American rights, believe that the AR stands for "Assault Rifle"?
Well, what would you propose we call military style civilian knock offs, the same as an M-16 except for the full auto option? Tell me the name and I'll use it.

Probably the most popular rifle other than .22 sold in the US. Oops.

This article will reinforce everything OL already thinks. However, it's bullshit.

The AR-15: the most popular rifle in the US | News | DW | 13.06.2016

Last edited:
The Republicans in the House added a poison pill to the FIX NICS bill. That can't pass the senate. What is wrong with having a background check actually include all the background it is supposed to? What does CCW reciprocity have to do with it? Why should one state have its laws not followed because a visitor from another state comes there? A person from Colorado can't go to Jersey and smoke dope recreationally just because it's legal in Colorado. He isn't IN Colorado.

The Republicans are terrified of having to vote on any gun legislation. They will wiggle out of it any way they can.
we already have that.
You already have what?
Background checks thanks to the NRA
If not all the information that is supposed to be in it is there, shouldn't it be revisited to make sure everyone that is supposed to report, is?
So you want a new law that will magically make the government do what the old law says? Lmao
It includes penalties if they don't report. Supposedly some "carrots" as well.

Forum List

Back