Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

You understand that you are a lying son of a bitch? Any rifle that can be fired 30 times in under ten seconds is an assault rifle. And should not be sold to the general public. As has been proven in Vegas, Texas, and now Florida, lethal when a crazy gets their hands on it. And in the meantime, the NRA defends arming people with mental problems.
You're a lying ****.

An assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon.

Fucking moron.
Playing the "That Isn't What You Call It" game is getting old. Everyone knows what we're talking about. I agree we need a word that describes it more accurately than "weapons of mass destruction," but until that happens, you might do better addressing the actual issue rather than playing semantics games that won't get you anywhere.

Do they really? EVERY gun control idiot I've seen on the media had /zero/ clue what any of this shit means. They say crap like "scary big gun" and "military grade" and when you tell them that like 99% of the guns out there in America today are semi-automatic, or that fully automatic guns have been banned for ages, or that there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" - they're clueless.

Fuck even NBC can't figure out the difference;
Michael Keyes on Twitter

And yet, we're expected to believe that these same dumbasses are "only" going after the "assault rifles" oh wait no the "machine guns" wait no the "AR-15"

Shall we take a guess at how many dumbasses, who ya'll think should be dictating policy and taking away American rights, believe that the AR stands for "Assault Rifle"?
Well, what would you propose we call military style civilian knock offs, the same as an M-16 except for the full auto option? Tell me the name and I'll use it.

Probably the most popular rifle other than .22 sold in the US. Oops.
So we should call them the OOPS? I'll take it.

`
I've been hunting for 12 years now, since I was 22. My teachers, thee older gents from around here, are the best. I've met hundreds of hunters and sportsmen. They use my land and rent my barn. Outside of a few clowns from Illinois, no serious sportsman who comes here hunts with an assault type rifle. Those are for scared urban people.
`

Great for varmint hunting and a lot of fun.

what is the nature of the varmints-----pests or food?
------I will tell you if they are kosher (for eating, that is) ---
assuming you do not shoot them but just GRAB them and
carry them home ------for slaughter. If they are pests----I have no comment. If they are DANGEROUS to stray children-----no comment. I have a copy of the classical
JOY OF COOKING-----it includes recipes for squirrels---
possum and bear-----I will be delighted to share

Where we used to live my husband used his for coyotes and coy dogs. He's also been on prairie dog hunts out west but that was long ago

coy dogs??? (I is a yankee girl) ------are coyotes PESTS
(don't answer-----your answer might get you in trouble)

Cross breed between a coyote and domestic dog. Mean and little fear of humans. No use at all, just kill them

poor little bastards-----some coyote comes and rapes a nice
little girl poodle and YOU KILL IT?

LOL it's all coming to an end for the nra and their rank and file loons

Dick's Sporting Goods, the nation's largest sporting goods retailer, will stop selling assault-style weapons like the one used in the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting.
The company said it will also raise the minimum age for all gun sales to 21. Dick's (DKS) will not sell high-capacity magazines that allow shooters to fire far more rounds than traditional weapons without reloading, as well as other accessories used with weapons similar to the AR-15.

Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling assault-style rifles
You might want to merge this with Witchit's thread on exactly the same thing.
Why doesn't anyone check active topics before starting a new thread?
It's great news, I agree. But we don't need dueling threads on it.

One can search and still not find - happens to best of us ;-)

we already have that.
You already have what?
Background checks thanks to the NRA
If not all the information that is supposed to be in it is there, shouldn't it be revisited to make sure everyone that is supposed to report, is?
So you want a new law that will magically make the government do what the old law says? Lmao
It includes penalties if they don't report. Supposedly some "carrots" as well.
Lmao like the government cares about that

`
I've been hunting for 12 years now, since I was 22. My teachers, thee older gents from around here, are the best. I've met hundreds of hunters and sportsmen. They use my land and rent my barn. Outside of a few clowns from Illinois, no serious sportsman who comes here hunts with an assault type rifle. Those are for scared urban people.
`

carry them home ------for slaughter. If they are pests----I have no comment. If they are DANGEROUS to stray children-----no comment. I have a copy of the classical

Where we used to live my husband used his for coyotes and coy dogs. He's also been on prairie dog hunts out west but that was long ago

Coydogs are a cross between a Coyote and a dog.
And yes Coyotes are pests just like feral hogs.

`
`

can you EAT them? -----the "feral hogs"----can they
be bacon?

Walmart to end sales of assault rifles in US stores
Source: New York Times

"Walmart said on Wednesday that it would no longer sell high-powered rifles in its stores in the United States. The decision followed years of public pressure on the retailer to stop selling some of the most lethal weapons associated with many of the nation’s mass shootings. .....

Walmart, the nation’s largest seller of guns and ammunition, attributed its decision to lower consumer demand for such military-style rifles, not gun politics. It said that it was adding to its offerings of shotguns and other weapons used by hunters."

Read more: Walmart to End Sales of Assault-Style Rifles in U.S. Stores
YES! It just took one to break the ice. I'm getting chills, for real. I never thought they'd do it.

Cross breed between a coyote and domestic dog. Mean and little fear of humans. No use at all, just kill them

poor little bastards-----some coyote comes and rapes a nice
little girl poodle and YOU KILL IT?

I didn't, my husband did. Quite a few actually. He's been on coyote hunts also, drive them with 4x4's and waiting hunters would plunk them

"Walmart said on Wednesday that it would no longer sell high-powered rifles in its stores in the United States. The decision followed years of public pressure on the retailer to stop selling some of the most lethal weapons associated with many of the nation’s mass shootings. .....

Walmart, the nation’s largest seller of guns and ammunition, attributed its decision to lower consumer demand for such military-style rifles, not gun politics. It said that it was adding to its offerings of shotguns and other weapons used by hunters."

YES! It just took one to break the ice. I'm getting chills, for real. I never thought they'd do it.

My condolences to Martha

be bacon?
Sure. Probably they taste a little stronger, though, due to diet.

LOL it's all coming to an end for the nra and their rank and file loons

Dick's Sporting Goods, the nation's largest sporting goods retailer, will stop selling assault-style weapons like the one used in the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting.
The company said it will also raise the minimum age for all gun sales to 21. Dick's (DKS) will not sell high-capacity magazines that allow shooters to fire far more rounds than traditional weapons without reloading, as well as other accessories used with weapons similar to the AR-15.

Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling assault-style rifles
lol... Nobody buys from that overpriced seller anyway.

And my NRA rank and file is growing by the day

-Geaux
Which goes to prove that no one profits MORE from mass shootings than the NRA and gun stores.

That's a sneaky announcement. Assault weapons built after 1986 are banned.
:lol:

I think every company should take advantage of the public's ignorance.

My condolences to Martha
Who's that?

be bacon?

Absolutely.
I never have though. I just load up in the front end loader and dump em over the fence.

That's a sneaky announcement. Assault weapons built after 1986 are banned.
:lol:

I think every company should take advantage of the public's ignorance.
We have determined that military style knock offs sold in the civilian market that mimic military weapons except for the full auto feature are now to be called "oops." Problem solved. Stop trying to stop discussion by playing that old semantics game.

It’s been posted here....a Mini 14 and an AR are essentially the same rifle...the 14 is often used for hunting. One has tattoos and piercings, it’s appearance scares pussies....the other is a computer nerd so no one pays attention to it.Both equally capable.
`
I only know what I've been told, by men experienced in hunting and what I see. I live in a rather rural area, mainly wooded. I just don't see people hunting with those assault type rifles, except on rare occasions.
`

We have determined that military style knock offs sold in the civilian market that mimic military weapons except for the full auto feature are now to be called "oops." Problem solved. Stop trying to stop discussion by playing that old semantics game.

I am surprised Wal-Mart didn't cut them out earlier.
They were expensive to stock ... And stock only has value if you can move it.

What they carried that fits the description was available in their stock ... And stayed on the rack.
What they offered was (as usual) the low-end of the spectrum.

Most shooters that desire a quality firearm (especially if they are going to spend that kind of money on one) ...
Would naturally seek out a more qualified dealer and get something a little more appropriate.

Wal-Mart may have sold a few to folks who wanted a cheap buy ...
But I wouldn't assume it comprised a large segment of their market to start with ... :dunno:

"military style knock offs"?

Who is playing the semantics game?

Let's say we ban the AR platform. Then what?

Do you believe that we have an individual right to own guns?

Forum List

Back