did david gregory break the law on meet the press holding up that magazine

He's the CiC handling an evidence bag.

The hack "reporter" is in possession of a magazine in the District where it is illegal to BE in possession of such an item. And he ain't no agent of the government. Maybe it's a prop, but it's the law and should be investigated.

Gun control advocates should be happy to see a gun control law enforced...one would think, unless their agenda is something other than gun control.

The President is the Chief law enforcement officer of our government. If it's illegal for him handle evidence, then it's illegal for any FBI or Customs agent to handle it.

Oh pleeeeze FingerBoy -- after the last thread on Washington DC you really want more?

The POTUS is not the "chief law enforcement officer of our government". That would be the Attorney General. The POTUS is an executive, not a law enforcement officer.

Go ahead, tell me it's "in the Constitution". Tell me it's put there by the "Founders". :razz:

You are in denial, Myle.

Yes, our national obsession with guns is part of the problem.

American obsession with guns is, of course, part of the problem. To deny that is to deny reality.

America is obessed with electronics. About half the country owns a gun.
I have yet to see a gun stand up off a table and go shoot someone all by itself.

A gun is an inanimate object, and therefore cannot be part of any problem.

The problem in this country is social rot perpetrated by liberal ideology.

What the hell for? So that stupid shit like this thread wouldn't happen? How'd that work out for Barack Obama releasing his birth certificate in 2008 five months before the election?

"Disclaimer"? Seriously?? Do you expect a "disclaimer" from the weatherman when he stands in front of a green screen? Do you expect a "disclaimer" when an NFL video feed shows where the offense needs to go for a first down? Do you expect a "disclaimer" when a movie or TV cop show shoots somebody so you know they didn't actually commit murder?

Seriously??

And just FYI I don't believe replica contains an accent aigu. Maybe you should have included a "disclaimer" :tongue:
Excuses and more excuses. If he and his show producers are going to debate The Gun laws in America, then they should be expected to know the laws Theyre attempting to debate, even more so the laws in the city Theyre broadcasting from. This too much to ask for from Meet The Press?

Apparently in your opinión it is. Why mention its not a real magazine? So Gregory doesnt get himself into the trouble he is in now, thats why.

Gregory isn't "in trouble".
Metro PD is currently investigating him. I wonder what the new year will bring for him?

You are in denial, Myle.

America is obessed with electronics. About half the country owns a gun.
I have yet to see a gun stand up off a table and go shoot someone all by itself.

Heroin, Cocaine and Crystal Meth are all also inanimate objects. Do you not think that they are "problems"?

Excuses and more excuses. If he and his show producers are going to debate The Gun laws in America, then they should be expected to know the laws Theyre attempting to debate, even more so the laws in the city Theyre broadcasting from. This too much to ask for from Meet The Press?

Apparently in your opinión it is. Why mention its not a real magazine? So Gregory doesnt get himself into the trouble he is in now, thats why.

Metro PD is currently investigating him. I wonder what the new year will bring for him?

See my previous post.

He's the CiC handling an evidence bag.

The hack "reporter" is in possession of a magazine in the District where it is illegal to BE in possession of such an item. And he ain't no agent of the government. Maybe it's a prop, but it's the law and should be investigated.

Gun control advocates should be happy to see a gun control law enforced...one would think, unless their agenda is something other than gun control.

The President is the Chief law enforcement officer of our government. If it's illegal for him handle evidence, then it's illegal for any FBI or Customs agent to handle it.

Oh pleeeeze FingerBoy -- after the last thread on Washington DC you really want more?

The POTUS is not the "chief law enforcement officer of our government". That would be the Attorney General. The POTUS is an executive, not a law enforcement officer.

Go ahead, tell me it's "in the Constitution". Tell me it's put there by the "Founders". :razz:
The DoJ is part of the Executive Branch. Just take a wild guess who is the top executor of that branch?

:rolleyes:

Oh, and I thought I'd remind you that Gregory is already being investigated my Metro PD. :thup:

You are in denial, Myle.

Heroin, Cocaine and Crystal Meth are all also inanimate objects. Do you not think that they are "problems"?
Lets see....when was the last time someone ingested a gun and it altered their perception of reality?

sorry, cannot even be categorized as an appropriate substitute.

However, if ***PEOPLE*** did not use them, there would be no demand for them. So, again...its back to people, and social rot.

I have yet to see a gun stand up off a table and go shoot someone all by itself. A gun is an inanimate object, and therefore cannot be part of any problem.

Come to think of it, I have yet to see a gun sell itself by the thousands at gun shows or stockpile itself in somebody's arsenal while awaiting the next slaughter. So you may be right.

-- this from the same voices that constantly whine about "Obama blaming Bush".

irony-meter.gif

I have yet to see a gun stand up off a table and go shoot someone all by itself. A gun is an inanimate object, and therefore cannot be part of any problem.

Come to think of it, I have yet to see a gun sell itself by the thousands at gun shows or stockpile itself in somebody's arsenal while awaiting the next slaughter. So you may be right.

-- this from the same voices that constantly whine about "Obama blaming Bush".

irony-meter.gif
Not whinned about it. Simply pointed out the double stanard associated with supporting Obama.

BTW.....The guy who shot the firemen in NY had those guns illegally.

So much for the banning thing.

Oh, and last time I looked, drugs were not a Constitutional Right. Guns are.

The DoJ is part of the Executive Branch. Just take a wild guess who is the top executor of that branch?

Oh, and I thought I'd remind you that Gregory is already being investigated my Metro PD. :thup:

That makes the Chief Executive the boss of the Attorney General -- who is, once more, the top law enforcement officer of the country. Being POTUS doesn't make him a law enforcement officer.

:bang3:

What the hell for? So that stupid shit like this thread wouldn't happen? How'd that work out for Barack Obama releasing his birth certificate in 2008 five months before the election?

"Disclaimer"? Seriously?? Do you expect a "disclaimer" from the weatherman when he stands in front of a green screen? Do you expect a "disclaimer" when an NFL video feed shows where the offense needs to go for a first down? Do you expect a "disclaimer" when a movie or TV cop show shoots somebody so you know they didn't actually commit murder?

Seriously??

And just FYI I don't believe replica contains an accent aigu. Maybe you should have included a "disclaimer" :tongue:

He's under investigation, thats pretty much being in trouble with the law, hes not charged yet , but he could be any minute now if it turns out it was real.

Honestly, I think its a bad law and I dont think anyone should be arrested for this. You guys want to Ban these things, yet Youre crying about it being enforced because the person that may be punished for possessing
Is one of your fellow travelers.

You guys need help.

That makes the Chief Executive the boss of the Attorney General -- who is, once more, the top law enforcement officer of the country. Being POTUS doesn't make him a law enforcement officer.

What the fuck? Where did I say that?

Don't do any more acid tonight....you're hallucinating.

Oh, and by the way...Metro PD is already investigating Gregory. :thup:

What the fuck? Where did I say that?

See the box just above where you quoted me quoting you. Or is that a hallucination?

2urm59z.jpg

Oh, and by the way...Metro PD is already investigating Gregory. :thup:

And I'm sure they're taking it as seriously as I am :rofl:

Yes it does. Faithfully enforcing the law is even in the oath of office he takes.

Yes it does. Faithfully enforcing the law is even in the oath of office he takes.
:bs1:

No, it does not. POTUS is an executive -- not a law enforcement officer. The AG is the chief law enforcement officer.
The POTUS' oath says nothing whatsoever about "enforcing the law". Any law. Doesn't mention "law" at all. Period.

Do you ever bother to look anything up?

Anyway, the AG never appeared in that Presidential address. It was just George Bush and a bag of crack. So -- what's the difference?

Last edited:
This is a pretty desperate Gun Nut tactic isn't it?

I seem to remember a previous POTUS putting something far more illegal on camera, intoning

"It's turning our cities into battle zones, and it's murdering our children"...

He called for us to "face this evil as a nation united".

On that description the similarity is eerie:

(Sorry, video doesn't start until 0:23)
I wasn't aware that the CiC was a member of the press.
I thought another poster said it is illegal for anyone to have one in their possession?

Forum List

Back