Did ESPN go too political? Bloodbath of layoffs today for on-air employees

A f*cking no brain like you cant see it but thats ok
Be the river-rock that you are.
200w.gif

He dumb ass!!!...
Before McNabb led the Philadelphia Eagles to a 23-13 victory
over the Buffalo Bills, Limbaugh said on ESPN's "Sunday NFL
Countdown"
that McNabb is overrated. However, Limbaugh injected his comment with racial overtones that have set off a controversy.

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh
said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in
the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback
do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a
lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't
deserve. The defense carried this team."

lol, remember when ESPN hired Rush Limbaugh and it took him about 10 minutes before he made a racist on air comment and got fired?

ESPN never hired rush limbaugh, idiot. That was fox.....and he never made any racist comments, dickhead.

I actually disagree with his comment....but there's racist about it, snowflake.

200w.gif

He dumb ass!!!...
Countdown"
that McNabb is overrated. However, Limbaugh injected his comment with racial overtones that have set off a controversy.

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh

lol, remember when ESPN hired Rush Limbaugh and it took him about 10 minutes before he made a racist on air comment and got fired?

ESPN never hired rush limbaugh, idiot. That was fox.....and he never made any racist comments, dickhead.

So try to explain what's racist about what he said. Here's where you go away and pretend to be too cool to answer

Yes, it did. Like most MSM, it's gone the Left Wing PC Democrat route. Anyone saying anything different, is out. I don't watch it much these days. Personally, i'm completely over the interjecting politics with sports thing. I watch sports for entertainment and an escape from the dirty ugly world of Fake News and Politics. But now you have assholes like Lebron James wearing a Hoodie at a game and Kapernick refusing to stand for the National Anthem. I'm disgusted with it all. They're ruining my sports escape.

I don't give a shite about ESPN and athletes' politics. Just do the job. Report on sports and play ball. Most American Workers just punch in and get to work. Their Employers aren't gonna allow them to sit around spewing their political beliefs all day. They're there to do a job. And so are professional athletes. The owners of these teams pay them to play ball. And fans aren't interested in their political beliefs. They just wanna be entertained and escape from the tough every day realities of their lives. If they wanna get into News & Politics, there's plenty of that out there for em. Get the politics out of sports. I'm sick of it.

Because you don't have any reasoning skills that is your problem.
Racist through and through. But with a redneck mentality one cannot reason with you.
:afro:

200w.gif

He dumb ass!!!...
Countdown"

So try to explain what's racist about what he said. Here's where you go away and pretend to be too cool to answer

Thought Trump was going to create jobs…

ESPN's numbers have been in freefall since they tried to impart politics into sports.

Unfortunately, the OP states that it's going even more political. It's creating more 'News/Politics'-driven shows. I hate the direction it's going. Most watch sports as an escape from depressing news & politics. Personally, i'm pretty pissed off about it. I don't wanna see dumbass athletes wearing Hoodies and not standing for the National Anthem.

They're on the clock. They're being paid to do a job. And that job is to entertain. When you show up to work, it's about the job. In the real world, Employers don't allow their Employees to sit around screeching their political beliefs all day. You do that, you lose your job. That's the way it should be for Athletes too. Just do what you're being paid to do. Do your job.

Fuck ESPN. I quit watching them when they started shoving their Liberal Values down everyone's throats.

Does anyone watch MTV anymore? Didn't they used to play music videos on that pile of garbage and didn't they used to be highly watched?

ESPN and MTV will be rooming together in a cardboard box under a bridge talking about the "good ole days" and fighting over who gets the last swig of Thunderbird.

Another great comment:

ESPN is going bust because its executives thought they were going to get to keep stealing $10/month from every cable and satellite subscriber forever, whether they watched sports or not (and the majority do not). Based on this belief they signed idiotic, billion dollar contracts with the NFL, NBA and MLB. Now they are making cuts which will inevitably worsen their already deplorable on air product. Cuts which amount to pennies compared to the money being shelled out to sports leagues.

At some point those leagues are going to realize they are weakening their product by putting it on a network that only reaches the shrinking pool of viewers who have pay-TV (for instance the NFL draws ratings about half of those of Sunday night football on NBC for Monday night on ESPN). You can't grow your fan base when your product is unavailable to many of them.

Personally I'll laugh my butt off when ESPN goes bankrupt.

Talents sells.....Newspaper business forgot that.......looks like ESPN did too.....on air....not on the field

ESPN layoffs begin as Trent Dilfer, Ed Werder among first cuts

Here's a look at the ESPN staffers who have been let go:

1. Ed Werder — NFL reporter

'Mike & the Mad Dog' doc to address alleged anti-Semitic comments

2. Scott Burnside — NHL columnist

3. Joe McDonald — Hockey writer

4. Pierre LeBrun — Hockey insider

5. Brendan Fitzgerald — ESPNU anchor

6. Dana O'Neil‏ — College basketball reporter

7. Michael Goodman — Soccer reporter

8. Austin Ward — Big Ten college football reporter

9. Jesse Temple — Wisconsin and Big Ten football reporter

10. Brett McMurphy — College football insider

11. Jim Bowden — Baseball analyst

12. Eamonn Brennan — College basketball reporter

13. Mark Saxon — St. Louis Cardinals reporter

14. Jeremy Crabtree — ESPN.com writer

15. Jean-Jacques Taylor‏ — ESPN Radio Dallas affiliate

16. Derek Tyson‏ — SEC recruiting analyst

17. Johnette Howard — ESPN columnist

18. Danny Kanell — ESPN Radio host and analyst

19. Doug Padilla — Dodgers reporter

20. Jayson Stark — ESPN.com writer

21. C.L. Brown — College basketball reporter

22. Trent Dilfer — NFL analyst

23. Jane McManus — Columnist for ESPNw

24. Ted Miller— College football reporter

25.Brian Bennett — Big Ten reporter

26. David Ching— SEC college football reporter

27. Max Olson— College football reporter

28. Jay Crawford— SportsCenter anchor

29. Ethan Strauss— NBA writer

30. Calvin Watkins— NBA reporter

This story is developing. Check back for updates.

ESPN will cut 100 on-air personalities today

Odd how their ratings dropped once they made sports a political issue.

I think the networks political stance is part of it, but be honest. It has more to do with the mode of the information market. I remember watching sportcenter and waiting to get an update on who won he game. Now you can get those updates from your phone. There are millions of websites that show highlights and have interesting sport related stories.

Many people look to the internet for their news. I know I do.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

ESPN will cut 100 on-air personalities today

Odd how their ratings dropped once they made sports a political issue.

I think the networks political stance is part of it, but be honest. It has more to do with the mode of the information market. I remember watching sportcenter and waiting to get an update on who won he game. Now you can get those updates from your phone. There are millions of websites that show highlights and have interesting sport related stories.

Many people look to the internet for their news. I know I do.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I concur this is part of it...trying to fill 4 or 5 channels with 24 hours a day of sports content is challenging.

I watched MARK CUBAN absolutely DESTROY Skip Brainless after the Mavs beat the Heat in the NBA finals when it came to actually breaking down the team strategies.

BAYLESS had no fucking clue what he was talking about, and Cuban embarrassed him....I think that was last time I watched any ESPN talking heads.

The key to following SPORTS these days is to turn the TV on at the beginning of the event. Turn it off at the end of the event. Go online to read the box score.

That's about it.

The whole plan with ESPN and every other Company is the bottom line-MONEY. A lot of these high priced personalities at ESPN will be replaced by younger people at a lot lower costs. Look for more exits there. Some were asked to stay at 1/4 or less salary.

Because you don't have any reasoning skills that is your problem.
Racist through and through. But with a redneck mentality one cannot reason with you.
:afro:

200w.gif

He dumb ass!!!...
Countdown"

I knew you would avoid the question. You have nothing but faux outrage. Gfy

Forum List

Back