Did George Stephanopoulos trick Trump or help Trump?

Does the MSM's and dem's outrage over Trump's opinions help Trump or hurt Trump?

• As long as Trump is in the news he's happy, there is no bad publicity, tweet, tweet, tweet...

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • The constant negative coverage by the MSM will eventually take a toll on Trump & cost him in 2020

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Trutleboy and his old lady are next-

:badgrin:

You are quite right... :abgg2q.jpg:

representative-elijah-cummings-a-democrat-from-maryland-right-and-picture-id640259173

These tards are forcing the USA to become what Russia use to be. In the 1950's if a russian talked to an American, he had to report the conversation to the KBG. Now the tards are calling for that? The left want to control our very speech. Fuck the tards, in the nose. Don't let them get away with this, spit in their face.

What you just described happened here in the US as well. If an American was caught associating with a communist government, they were investigated by the FBI. It was called McCarthyism.

McCarthyism - Wikipedia

McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence.[1] The term refers to U.S. senator Joseph McCarthy (R-Wisconsin) and has its origins in the period in the United States known as the Second Red Scare, lasting from the late 1940s through the 1950s.[2] It was characterized by heightened political repression and a campaign spreading fear of Communist influence on American institutions and of espionage by Soviet agents.[2]

What would become known as the McCarthy era began before McCarthy's rise to national fame. Following the First Red Scare, in 1947, President Truman signed an executive order to screen federal employees for association with organizations deemed "Totalitarian, Fascist, Communist, or subversive", or advocating "to alter the form of Government of the United States by unconstitutional means." In 1949, a high-level State Department official was convicted of perjury in a case of espionage, and the Soviet Union tested an atomic bomb. The Korean War started the next year, raising tensions in the United States. In a speech in February 1950, Senator McCarthy presented an alleged list of members of the Communist Party working in the State Department, which attracted press attention. The term "McCarthyism" was published for the first time in late March of that year in the Christian Science Monitor, and in a political cartoon by Herblock in the Washington Post. The term has since taken on a broader meaning, describing the excesses of similar efforts. In the early 21st century, the term is used more generally to describe reckless, unsubstantiated accusations, and demagogic attacks on the character or patriotism of political adversaries.

During the McCarthy era, hundreds of Americans were accused of being Communists or Communist sympathizers; they became the subject of aggressive investigations and questioning before government or private industry panels, committees, and agencies. The primary targets of such suspicions were government employees, those in the entertainment industry, academicians, and labor-union activists. Suspicions were often given credence despite inconclusive or questionable evidence, and the level of threat posed by a person's real or supposed leftist associations or beliefs were sometimes exaggerated. Many people suffered loss of employment or destruction of their careers; some were imprisoned. Most of these punishments came about through trial verdicts that were later overturned,[3] laws that were later declared unconstitutional,[4] dismissals for reasons later declared illegal[5] or actionable,[6] or extra-legal procedures, such as informal blacklists, that would come into general disrepute.

Good gawd, raise your standards.
I'm not saying they should. I'm saying they would.

Phony, self righteous, hypersensitive outrage by the opposing party notwithstanding.

Who? What candidate besides you know who is going to accept help from Putin? Considering if you do accept it there is the expectation of payback. No, I think most Americans get this to include our politicians. It's also a crime.
Trump (clumsily, as usual) specifically used Norway as (what he thought would be) a benign example.

But that was more than enough for the Left to lose its shit and go full drama queen.

I don't know if the wings know how transparent and obvious they are, but it does get funny.

His campaign accepted help from the Russian government. He's now inviting that help again regardless of the murky example he gave, which he probably picked Norway for that very reason and here you are falling for it.

After 2016 there is no gray area, it is illegal to accept help from a foreign government. End of story.

Somebody forgot to tell Obama and Hillary that. Information from a foreign government on the illegal activities American politicians is a vital source of transparency for the American people.

We need more dossiers.

Jo

So, Trump took information you claim to be illegal directly to the FBI? No, he didn't, they tried to capitalize on it for their own benefit.

Hillary hired opposition research, all perfectly legal... even with the PI hired by GPS, being a British citizen.

the Trump campaign worked with the Russian Intelligence service and Russian Oligarch who funded the Internet research center of trolls and fake news, who also STOLE Dnc and Podesta emails etc....

-Manafort gave inside polling data to Kiliminik on multiple occasions throughout the campaign, who passed it on to russian intelligence that was interfering....

the only reason Manafort was not charged with Conspiracy, was that without access to the GRU's records and people involved, they could not establish what the Russians did with the inside Trump polling data, passed on to them.

-Donny Jr said he'd love the Russian govt's help and love the Russian gvt dirt they had on Hillary... the only reason he was not charged with the Campaign finance law that he BROKE, was because he may not have known, that it was breaking campaign finance law... and the law requires one knowing they were breaking the law.... any other campaign worker would have run it by the Campaign Lawyer.... but hey... Trump's all think they are the say all, be all....

The two, can not even be compared.

It is against the law for Foreign Countries to interfere in our democratic election process... yes, a real crime, with a US CODE Statute.... not just against the rules and Campaign Finance laws..

President Trump saying he would do it again, even now that he and his son etc now KNOW it is against the law in several ways, is the Man of Lawlessness at work, right before our very eyes and shameful....

but NOT as shameful, as his acolytes, who bow, at his feet... and wash his feet with their own tears, and wipe them clean with their own hair.... :rolleyes:

So Hillary paid money for Steele and his London based firm which relied on Russian contacts to come up with opposition research. Seems to me this is much worse if her campaign paid for it. That falls under listening to foreign sources to effect an election. How do you possibly get around that?
no one worked with a foreign government and military intelligence.... no foreign gvt has this help given as leverage over Hillary where if she had become president, they could USE as kompromat against her to get the usa to do something they would not do otherwise because it was not in the best interest of the USA.... blackmail. And no foreign gvt approached Hillary with the help....

apples and oranges, no matter which way you cut it.

A lot of you guys are forgetting something. One of the reasons that they didn't press charges against Trump from the Mueller report is that he couldn't prove intent.

If ANY other country messes with our elections, and it is favorable to Trump, it will look like he was working with them, regardless of if he did or didn't, because of these comments he made to Stephanopolis.

Phony, self righteous, hypersensitive outrage by the opposing party notwithstanding.

Who? What candidate besides you know who is going to accept help from Putin? Considering if you do accept it there is the expectation of payback. No, I think most Americans get this to include our politicians. It's also a crime.
Trump (clumsily, as usual) specifically used Norway as (what he thought would be) a benign example.

But that was more than enough for the Left to lose its shit and go full drama queen.

I don't know if the wings know how transparent and obvious they are, but it does get funny.

His campaign accepted help from the Russian government. He's now inviting that help again regardless of the murky example he gave, which he probably picked Norway for that very reason and here you are falling for it.

After 2016 there is no gray area, it is illegal to accept help from a foreign government. End of story.

Somebody forgot to tell Obama and Hillary that. Information from a foreign government on the illegal activities American politicians is a vital source of transparency for the American people.

We need more dossiers.

Jo

So, Trump took information you claim to be illegal directly to the FBI? No, he didn't, they tried to capitalize on it for their own benefit.

Um excuse me Quaalude breath.... Are you in the right thread?

Jo

A lot of you guys are forgetting something. One of the reasons that they didn't press charges against Trump from the Mueller report is that he couldn't prove intent.

If ANY other country messes with our elections, and it is favorable to Trump, it will look like he was working with them, regardless of if he did or didn't, because of these comments he made to Stephanopolis.

Nah.... Countries can and will send anything they want to the White House...if they have evidence of American politicians breaking laws like child sex laws, or committing moral turpitude they should feel free to send it.

In my opinion it's an enormous untapped treasure trove. And I'm fully aware that both sides of the aisle have something to fear from it. I think it's great!

Jo

The Mueller report was only the tip of the iceberg. Mueller didn't press charges because he would have had to spend time in a courtroom that would have uncovered a treasure trove of dirt on people he was trying to protect. It's called The law of discovery.

Jo

We need more dossiers.

Jo

Jo

Are you in the right country?

We need more dossiers.

Jo

Jo

We need more dossiers.

Jo

Jo

Damn straight spanky....
I don't know what you're on right now but I know it's something. Your answers manage to be completely non sequitur.... Oh wait I already had this experience with you the other day.
How much does your habit cost you on a daily basis?

Jo

"The law according to liberals: Accepting oppo research from foreigners during a presidential campaign is fine ... PROVIDED the dirt is about a Republican."

"A foreign source (former British INTEL AGENT Christopher Steele) offered Russian dirt on a presidential candidate (Trump) during the 2016 campaign to the FBI. Why didn't the FBI call the FBI?"

"Hillary didn't wait for foreigners to come to her with dirt on a political opponent. She PAID U.K. citizen Christopher Steele to gather dirt on Trump from current and former Russian officials."

We need more dossiers.

Jo

Jo

We need more dossiers.

Jo

Jo

Damn straight spanky....
I don't know what you're on right now but I know it's something. Aransas a completely non sequitur.... Oh wait I already had this experience with you the other day.
How much does your habit cost you on a daily basis?

Jo

I get it, you are unable to explain why Trump didn't contact the FBI.

"When Senator @MarkWarnerVA spoke at length, and in great detail, about extremely negative information on me, with a talented entertainer purporting to be a Russian Operative, did he immediately call the FBI? NO, in fact he didn’t even tell the Senate Intelligence Committee of which he is a member. When @RepAdamSchiff took calls from another person, also very successfully purporting to be a Russian Operative, did he call the FBI, or even think to call the FBI? NO! The fact is that the phony Witch Hunt is a giant scam where Democrats, and other really bad people, SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN! They even had an “insurance policy” just in case Crooked Hillary Clinton and the Democrats lost their race for the Presidency! This is the biggest & worst political scandal in the history of the United States of America. Sad!

I meet and talk to “foreign governments” every day. I just met with the Queen of England (U.K.), the Prince of Wales, the P.M. of the United Kingdom, the P.M. of Ireland, the President of France and the President of Poland. We talked about “Everything!” Should I immediately call the FBI about these calls and meetings? How ridiculous! I would never be trusted again. With that being said, my full answer is rarely played by the Fake News Media. They purposely leave out the part that matters." - Trump

Trump is a typical Republican, win any way possible, no matter how wrong and reprehensible.

Dems don't like it when they get a taste of their own medicine.

Republicans are the party of voter suppression & now evidently they support recruiting foreign help to win elections.

Republicans are the party of voter suppression

Suppressing the shit out of the illegal alien, dead and fraudulent base of the Dem party.

Good gawd, any politician would. How silly.

Nope it's oppo research and the Dems made it righteous.

Jo

Don't put this on the Dems they didn't accept any help from the Russian Government.

Don't put this on the Dems they didn't accept any help from the Russian Government.

The info in the Steele dossier didn't come from the Russian government?
Exactly which Russians did Steele talk to?

Wow. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. These Dems. and their MSM buttboys are out of control. Then again, when Biden is the best your party has, you're obviously desperate. Trump to 2024 then Jordan till 2032.

Nope it's oppo research and the Dems made it righteous.

Jo

The info in the Steele dossier didn't come from the Russian government?
Exactly which Russians did Steele talk to?

The dossier that the Russian government claims is full of lies?

Forum List

Back