Did President Trump violate campaign finance laws? Professor Dershowitz doesn't think so!

Of course. Smart move on Trumps part. Pay her off and get her out of the election. I'd have done the same and so would you.

Now did she and he have an affair?? Unknown. Its he said. She said. No one will ever know.
I am sure our President is an expert at paying off hookers and old girlfriends

But to do so with campaign funds breaks the law

Well then I suppose HItlery and the DNC did the same when they paid Steele for his fake dossier.

Oh and Cohen paid and Trump paid him back. No campaign funds were used.
LOLOL

You’re still trying to divert this thread to be about Hillary?

:lmao:

You’ve lost the debate. Thanks for agreeing that trump broke the law.

Well if you consider him breaking the law then so did she. LOL
LOLOLOL

You poor thing, bless your heart. Cohen’s already been found guilty on related charges and trump is under investigation for it. Nothing on Hillary but you keep trying to derail this thread about Hillary.

:dance:

Of course you don't want to discuss it. Oh and since when is the truth derailing a thread??

She and the DNC paid Steele for a bogus dossier on Trump before the election. True??

Sounds like campaign funds to me since you consider money paid to Stormy to be campaign funds.

Wonder if Mueller is thinking the same thing. LOL

Get lost you one sided moron.

Well then I suppose HItlery and the DNC did the same when they paid Steele for his fake dossier.

LOLOL

LOLOLOL

You poor thing, bless your heart. Cohen’s already been found guilty on related charges and trump is under investigation for it. Nothing on Hillary but you keep trying to derail this thread about Hillary.

Of course you don't want to discuss it. Oh and since when is the truth derailing a thread??

She and the DNC paid Steele for a bogus dossier on Trump before the election. True??

Sounds like campaign funds to me since you consider money paid to Stormy to be campaign funds.

Now you’re reduced to lying. The final vestige of a losing argument.

I’ve discussed Hillary and the dossier on many Hillary threads. This is not a thread about Hillary, despite your repeated efforts to make it that.

And even you described the money paid to Stormy as a campaign contribution. You said she was paid to influence the election. That’s the definition of a campaign contribution.

Trump never reported it. In fact, he tried to hide the payment. That’s a crime.

LOLOL

LOLOLOL

I’ve discussed Hillary and the dossier on many Hillary threads. This is not a thread about Hillary, despite your repeated efforts to make it that.

And even you described the money paid to Stormy as a campaign contribution. You said she was paid to influence the election. That’s the definition of a campaign contribution.

Oh fuck off you one sided asshole.

LOLOL

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

What a sore loser you are, eh?

But you admitted trump committed a crime, so that’s a good start on your road to recovery.

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

But you admitted trump committed a crime, so that’s a good start on your road to recovery.

Not at all. Just tired of talked to a one sided idiot.

No Trump didn't commit a crime.

Carry on one sided dumbass.

LOLOLOL

LOLOL

LOLOL

Your denials are hollow as you already admitted he committed a crime. You said the payment to Stormy was to influence the election.

That makes it an unreported campaign contribution.

Of course. Smart move on Trumps part. Pay her off and get her out of the election. I'd have done the same and so would you.

Now did she and he have an affair?? Unknown. Its he said. She said. No one will ever know.

LOLOL

LOLOLOL

Who said Trump is under investigation?

LOLOL

LOLOL

Your denials are hollow as you already admitted he committed a crime. You said the payment to Stormy was to influence the election.

Prove it, fine the campaign like Obama's was and let the president get on with the job of governing. If you can't prove it to be a crime, drop it and let him get on with the job of governing.

And Dershowitz is a HUGE LIBERAL!

A few things are clear. A candidate is free to contribute to his or her own campaign. It also is not criminal for a candidate to pay hush money to women whose disclosures might endanger his campaign. So if candidate Trump paid hush money to his two accusers, there would be no violation of any campaign or other laws. To be sure, if he did so for the purpose of helping his campaign — as distinguished from helping his marriage — his campaign would have to disclose any such contribution, and failure to do so might be a violation of a campaign law, but the payments themselves would be entirely lawful.

If, on the other hand, Michael Cohen made the payments by himself, without direction from the president, that would constitute an impermissible campaign contribution from a third party. But if Cohen was merely acting as Trump’s lawyer and advancing Trump’s payments, with an expectation of repayment, then it would be hard to find a campaign finance crime other than failure to report by the campaign.

Failure to report all campaign contributions is fairly common in political campaigns. Moreover, the offense is committed not by the candidate but, rather, by the campaign and is generally subject to a fine. Though it is wrong, it certainly is not the kind of high crime and misdemeanor that could serve as the basis for a constitutionally authorized impeachment and removal of a duly elected president.

Moreover, prosecutors should be reluctant to rely on the uncorroborated word of a guilty defendant who pleaded guilty to lying and defrauding. Thomas Jefferson once observed that a criminal statute, to be fairly enforceable, must be so clear that it can be understood by the average person who reads it “while running.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...
Liberal??? Yeah right. He is a Trumpanzee through and through. And, perhaps you missed the newsflash, he defended the murderer O.J. Simpson. He is a far right wing Trumpanzee syncopat.
And Dershowitz is a HUGE LIBERAL!

A few things are clear. A candidate is free to contribute to his or her own campaign. It also is not criminal for a candidate to pay hush money to women whose disclosures might endanger his campaign. So if candidate Trump paid hush money to his two accusers, there would be no violation of any campaign or other laws. To be sure, if he did so for the purpose of helping his campaign — as distinguished from helping his marriage — his campaign would have to disclose any such contribution, and failure to do so might be a violation of a campaign law, but the payments themselves would be entirely lawful.

If, on the other hand, Michael Cohen made the payments by himself, without direction from the president, that would constitute an impermissible campaign contribution from a third party. But if Cohen was merely acting as Trump’s lawyer and advancing Trump’s payments, with an expectation of repayment, then it would be hard to find a campaign finance crime other than failure to report by the campaign.

Failure to report all campaign contributions is fairly common in political campaigns. Moreover, the offense is committed not by the candidate but, rather, by the campaign and is generally subject to a fine. Though it is wrong, it certainly is not the kind of high crime and misdemeanor that could serve as the basis for a constitutionally authorized impeachment and removal of a duly elected president.

Moreover, prosecutors should be reluctant to rely on the uncorroborated word of a guilty defendant who pleaded guilty to lying and defrauding. Thomas Jefferson once observed that a criminal statute, to be fairly enforceable, must be so clear that it can be understood by the average person who reads it “while running.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

No he didnt and no he hasn't.
MSM has him doing everything illegal because those who are accusing him are the pathetic losers who are guilty.

That's how democratic pukes work, do the dirty and blame in on others. That's how cowards work best.
Liberal??? Yeah, right. He is a far right wing Faux News loving Trumpanzee of the highest order. Perhaps you missed the news flash, HE DEFENDED THE MURDERER O.J. Simpson. Bigly and COVFEFE!

LOLOL

LOLOLOL

Who said Trump is under investigation?
The FEC

FEC could take a year to decide if Stormy Daniels payment was in-kind contribution to Trump: report

LOLOL

LOLOL

Prove it, fine the campaign like Obama's was and let the president get on with the job of governing. If you can't prove it to be a crime, drop it and let him get on with the job of governing.
This isn’t preventing trump from doing his job.

Still higher then I was guessing he would score based on his posts.

That you have to use accusations of stupidity as a crutch to try to understand people who disagree with you shows your own intellect.
Yeah.... Nope.

Guess again kiddo.

Yeah....yep
Jesus kid, how long are you gonna keep this up?

It's like the putting a dumb fella in a round room and telling him.to piss in the corner.

I work in Construction Management, I've been in a meeting that lasted 2 extra hours because people try to get the last word in, or need to say the same thing over and over.

This is just practice.
Go piss in the corner kid, I'm bored.

Yes she did. And the timing reveals the reason she did was because Trump’s election was just 11 days out.

We will run out of rocks before we run out of ignorant people. Stop embarrassing yourself. Learn a little bit about what the law says instead of wrapping yourself around this apology tour for Trump;
Most violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) result in civil penalties--fines arrived at through a conciliation process. Knowing and willful violations of certain FECA provisions can lead to imprisonment. The FEC has exclusive civil enforcement authority, and may refer criminal violations to the U.S. Department of Justice. For additional information see our page describing the complaint process. Note that sentencing guidelines for criminal violations of the law are set by the U.S. Sentencing Commission.

How bout you blow it out your ass instead??

Oh and talk it over with Dershowitz. Rabid lefty that he is he doesn't believe Trump is in the wrong.

Most violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) result in civil penalties--fines arrived at through a conciliation process.
That’s not exactly what Dershowitz said. He did acknowledge that if it’s a campaign contribution and if it went unreported, then it is indeed a campaign violation.

And even you just agreed it was a campaign contribution.
Campaign contributions need to be documented

Under the table contributions do not foot the bill

Here's a reasoned account.
Q&A: what is Donald Trump accused of and what happens now?
No good for our old white fart legal experts here I'm sure

That you have to use accusations of stupidity as a crutch to try to understand people who disagree with you shows your own intellect.
Yeah.... Nope.

Guess again kiddo.

Yeah....yep

It's like the putting a dumb fella in a round room and telling him.to piss in the corner.

I work in Construction Management, I've been in a meeting that lasted 2 extra hours because people try to get the last word in, or need to say the same thing over and over.

This is just practice.

So you think of pee when bored?

Yeah.... Nope.

Guess again kiddo.

Yeah....yep

This is just practice.

Seems to me he thinks of pee when he sees you.

Yeah....yep

This is just practice.

Seems to me he thinks of pee when he sees you.

And that is supposed to be somehow better?

How bout you blow it out your ass instead??

Oh and talk it over with Dershowitz. Rabid lefty that he is he doesn't believe Trump is in the wrong.

Most violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) result in civil penalties--fines arrived at through a conciliation process.
That’s not exactly what Dershowitz said. He did acknowledge that if it’s a campaign contribution and if it went unreported, then it is indeed a campaign violation.

And even you just agreed it was a campaign contribution.
Campaign contributions need to be documented

Under the table contributions do not foot the bill

So prove it, fine the campaign and let the president get on with the job of governing. If it wasn't illegal, drop it and get on with life. This naval gazing is ridiculous.
An illegal campaign influences an election. Millions of people were shafted out of a fair election. This guy is in office illegally. He didn't win fairly. Get it?

Obama's campaign broke finance laws to influence an election, help him get elected and shaft millions of people out of a fair election and they just paid a fine. Was he in office illegally?

Perhaps it's a little clearer now.

LOLOL

LOLOL

This isn’t preventing trump from doing his job.

It's a huge distraction and he has to take time to meet with his lawyers. But like I said, prove it was a crime and fine the campaign or figure out it wasn't and drop it. This naval gazing isn't getting us anywhere.

What confirmed laws of campaign financing were broken by Obama? A technical error is not breaking the law. So you'll have to do better than that.

What confirmed laws of campaign financing were broken by Obama? A technical error is not breaking the law. So you'll have to do better than that.

Failure to disclose sources of contributions and taking too long to return excess contributions. You don't get one of the biggest fines ever from the FEC for a 'technical error'.

They failed to disclose the sources of almost $2 million. Also dragged their feet returning over a million in excess donations. Makes this whole thing look like small potatoes and is why I say prove it was a crime and issue a fine or figure it out wasn't and drop it.

Forum List

Back