Did republican committee press conference present any proof of a crime?

No, they didn’t update you on their on their investigation. What they did was to spin a tale about what they think they might have found. There is a whole lot of speculation in that memo, and none of it is backed up with evidence.

They made a lot of accusations and insinuations, which would require evidence they don’t have, and have no legal right to ask for. What they don’t have is any evidence that any kind of crime has been committed.

The corporate entities created might have been created to launder funds. They could be obscuring illegal payments. But after 30 years experience in banking finance and law, I seriously doubt it. I look at all of the transfers, deposits and cheques that the Republicans have presented and see a normal international investment group with both active partners and silent partners, working on projects in multiple countries. A close friend with an MBA and a background in international banking and finance saw the same thing. Time magazine called the report a “swing and a miss”.

The problem being that it takes a background in law, business and finance to conduct a knowledge based assessment of that memo. And that’s what the Republicans are counting on. That their voters don’t have the expertise to spot the gaping holes in the story they’re selling you.

Hunter Biden has said that this was the group of family and friends who were investing in this opportunity in China, and the monies coming out were the investors getting their return on investment. And while I might have questions about that $10 million wire transfer, and what that distribution was all about, it’s not because I suspect it was criminal. Rather I suspect that China pushed them out.

Both Russia and China used the same strategy of inviting investment in their countries when they were building a capitalist society, and an investor class, and then forcing foreign capital or ownership out when their businesses are successful.

I have no doubt that Hunter Biden has cashed in on his name. But I have a lot of serious doubts that he broke any laws in doing so, or that the entire Biden family is both lawless and corrupt.
They showed a bunch of super shady money transfers and suggested that it looked like criminal activity. Their suggestion seems pretty spot on. I have yet to hear a plausible alternative explanation for these transfers and why they were funneling it through so many LLC's.. :dunno:

Only you stupid Moon Bats are confused about selling government influence to get filthy rich somehow not being a treasonous crime.
Selling government influence is most certainly a crime. Where is the credible proof that happened? Innuendo is not proof.

Selling government influence is most certainly a crime. Where is the credible proof that happened? Innuendo is not proof.
Do congressional committees routinely reveal their evidence when indictments could be on the way? It would seem a little premature to be whining about it.

Do congressional committees routinely reveal their evidence when indictments could be on the way? It would seem a little premature to be whining about it.
Yes, they do. Revealing evidence is the purpose of a congressional committee.

Revealing evidence is exactly what they did in their little press conference yesterday.

Is it cool if they continue their investigation first, or is it required that they prove it RIGHT NOW?

They showed a bunch of super shady money transfers and suggested that it looked like criminal activity. Their suggestion seems pretty spot on. I have yet to hear a plausible alternative explanation for these transfers and why they were funneling it through so many LLC's.. :dunno:
Kind of funny coming from the party that didn’t see anything wrong with George Santos.

You'll have to check the trial transcript to get a complete list of the evidence, or perhaps ask the jury members that voted unanimously to convict him.
No need to check the transcripts. Ill tell you right now. Their evidence was the word of a woman who isnt even sure what year it took place. Thats it. There is no other evidence than that.

That's not how it works. Just because their political opponents say something looks shady doesn't prove anything.

While you may think that Trump is such a great ladies man (he's not), and while you think you have just described the "proper" way to finger bang a female, you forgot one thing..............

Trump doesn't engage in any of that kind of foreplay, according to what he said on tape. He said that if you're a star, you can simply walk up and "grab them by the pussy".

Here...............................

A decade before Donald Trump became the Republican nominee for president, he shared candid and lewd views on women that were caught on tape.

“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," he said in the 2005 conversation. "Grab 'em by the pussy."
I think it is cute how you provided a MSM link as a source for your claim that Don can't fuck properly. LOL!!!

That's not how it works. Just because their political opponents say something looks shady doesn't prove anything.
Who said they were required to prove it yesterday? What are you even talking about?

So why did they make such a big deal about that press conference?

So why did they make such a big deal about that press conference?
One would assume that they wanted to show the world some shady as fuck money transfers in an effort to turn the public against Biden. :dunno:

One difference is a jury that was approved by trump and his legal team found him guilty, and set his fine at 5 million dollars, while trump's party refused to vote to find him guilty in the impeachment. Several of those republicans who voted not guilty publicly admitted he was actually guilty, but they didn't convict him for political reasons.
With no eveidence except he said she said

Forum List

Back