🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did The Great Flood Really Happen?

And your proof of this is based on what authority?
Sorry Nips, after years of saying "because god says so, and that's true because i say so", you aren't in a position to demand more from others. This is part of your handicap. The moment you make your magical claims, you are disqualified from using or demanding evidence. Bummer for you.

Sorry Nips, after years of saying "because god says so, and that's true because i say so", you aren't in a position to demand more from others. This is part of your handicap. The moment you make your magical claims, you are disqualified from using or demanding evidence. Bummer for you.
Well, sorry! But you cannot demand from me what you yourself fail to provide.

Well, sorry! But you cannot demand from me what you yourself fail to provide.
I have never done so. So apology not accepted. I would never ask you for evidence of magic. Magic cannot have evidence. I am pretty sure we have covered this. This is your handicap, not mine.

The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language
That isnt true and i have explained this to you several times.
The very person that made that claim, said not to believe it. She was wrong. But you cling to it. Why?
You are full of shit.

Last edited:
In 2016, Sun Weidong, a Chinese geochemist argued that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt and were therefore not actually Chinese. He was led to this hypothesis when his radiometric dating of ancient Chinese bronzes found that their chemical composition was more similar to ancient Egyptian bronzes than to ores found in China. Sun went on to argue that the technology of Bronze Age widely thought to have come across Central Asia by land had in fact been brought by the Hyksos, a Western Asian people who settled in the Nile Valley in the 17th and 16th centuries B.C.E. and may have fled by sea when their dynasty collapsed. The technologies that the Hyskos had earlier developed—bronze metallurgy, chariots, literacy, domesticated plants and animals—were precisely those that have been excavated at the Shang dynasty capital, Yinxu. [16]

The very person that made that claim, said not to believe it. She was wrong. But you cling to it. Why?
You are full of shit.

Nestorian Christians were in Arabia proper and Tarout Island 100 years earlier than your article states and many Orthodox Christian mark the burning of the Christians of Najran by Jewish king in the 5th century AD.

You mean besides CMB and redshift?

Thank you for arguing against science, Taz, like an evangelical would.
Those don't prove what the first few seconds were, you know it, I know it. And it's kinda sad that you keep clinging to nothing.
That sounds like the argument James Bond makes, Taz.

I know it freaks out you evangelical types that the universe began `~14 billion years ago by being created from nothing but there it is. That's what the science says.
So you're comparing me to James Bond? Cool.

"Unfortunately, we’ll never be able to see the Big Bang. Even though we’re looking back in time, right to the edge of the observable Universe, it’s just beyond our reach."
Why Can’t We See the Big Bang? - Universe Today

The stories weren't written down until almost 900 years after the death of Moses.
Which makes sense, in an ancient world where nearly everyone was an illiterate, superstitious, terrified peasant.

The Sumerians had a written language long before Adam and Eve were created.
You should probably stop reading the first eleven chapters of Genesis literally.

Fine.. Stop trying to teach creation science as science.
How am I teaching creation science?

Inflation Theory, the First Law of Thermodynamics and quantum mechanics tells us that it is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

What you just said can only be taken on faith, like you have.

The flood did happen and here is a creative animation that shows us how the planning possibly happened:

If you don’t want to watch the whole video fast forward to 4:24 . That’s when God explains why He orchestrated the great flood.

You are full of shit.

Nestorian Christians were in Arabia proper and Tarout Island 100 years earlier than your article states and many Orthodox Christian mark the burning of the Christians of Najran by Jewish king in the 5th century AD.
Totally irrelevant to the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt.

You mean besides CMB and redshift?

Thank you for arguing against science, Taz, like an evangelical would.
Those don't prove what the first few seconds were, you know it, I know it. And it's kinda sad that you keep clinging to nothing.
That sounds like the argument James Bond makes, Taz.

I know it freaks out you evangelical types that the universe began `~14 billion years ago by being created from nothing but there it is. That's what the science says.
So you're comparing me to James Bond? Cool.

"Unfortunately, we’ll never be able to see the Big Bang. Even though we’re looking back in time, right to the edge of the observable Universe, it’s just beyond our reach."
Why Can’t We See the Big Bang? - Universe Today
Yes, I am comparing your literal interpretation of Genesis and your understanding of science to the evangelicals.

The stories weren't written down until almost 900 years after the death of Moses.
Which makes sense, in an ancient world where nearly everyone was an illiterate, superstitious, terrified peasant.

The Sumerians had a written language long before Adam and Eve were created.
You should probably stop reading the first eleven chapters of Genesis literally.

Fine.. Stop trying to teach creation science as science.
How am I teaching creation science?

Inflation Theory, the First Law of Thermodynamics and quantum mechanics tells us that it is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

What you just said can only be taken on faith, like you have.

And CMB, red shift, FLoT, SLoT, inflation theory, quantum mechanics, an expanding universe and Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations.

You are full of shit.

Totally irrelevant to the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt.

Pretty farfetched.. like the claim of worldwide flood.

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
Of course the time of civilization was between the Euphrate's and Tigris river. There was a great flood that almost wiped out all of that area, so yeah, it was written....
Great floods every decade or so. That's how they got the silt that made it a very fertile area.

You are full of shit.

Only if you read it literally.

As for the basis for the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt that's based on evidence.

Fundamentalist Christians insist that people 3,000 years ago were great scientific minds who knew as much about the cosmos as we know today. It borders on comical.

Even more pathetic is that atheists argue with these people on their terms.

You are full of shit.

As for the basis for the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt that's based on evidence.

World wide is your claim. I think it was a flood of the Euphrates River Basin in 2900 BC that inspired the Sumerian tale.

You are full of shit.

World wide is your claim. I think it was a flood of the Euphrates River Basin in 2900 BC that inspired the Sumerian tale.
No. That's not my claim. That would be a literally reading of an allegorical account of a historical event. The event was historical. The narrative was allegorical. I suspect the event occurred 6,000 to 12,000 years ago and was due to an asteroid strike either in the polar region or the ocean.

Forum List

Back