🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did Tony Stewart Murder That Guy?

eVi6Mvc.jpg

What a friendly looking guy! (if you're a child molester/wife beater/serial killer!)

Apparently not.

Need a new rule for all of racing: if you get out of your car, you lose the race, and if you endanger anyone, drivers or public, you lose your car.

So.

Dude gets clipped, car spins around and flips or hits wall.
Dude gets his head banged and can't think rationally.
Gets out of car.
Gets killed.

And this is his fault?

Dude got sent into the wall
Dude got pissed
Dude ran out on the track to get revenge
Dude ended up dead

Anger is a NASCAR reliable emotion. The kid knew exactly what he was doing when he ran onto the track. He was mad, just like many other drivers who have done the same thing before. But the way he walked right into the cars was something I am not sure I have ever seen in all the NASCAR races I have watched over the years.

I am sorry for him. I am sorry for his family. I am sorry for Tony and his family also, but this young man should never had gotten out of the car, and certainly should not have began walking across the track. It was a fatal mistake.

I was in my car today and I didn't rev up my engine around pedestrians. In fact, the idea would never enter my mind.

From all that I have read, it was nothing but a tragic accident. Granted, I am not terribly familiar with NASCAR and its satellite entities, but I can read. I would also question the judgment of any driver who climbs from his or her car onto the track in order to confront another driver still racing.

Do not misinterpret my last sentence. I am in no way blaming Ward for what happened.

I am! The idiot should NOT have been on the damn track! Death by idiocy, plain and simple!

Ward was at fault. A death is a tragedy, even more so when it did not have to happen.

Dude got sent into the wall
Dude got pissed
Dude ran out on the track to get revenge
Dude ended up dead

Anger is a NASCAR reliable emotion. The kid knew exactly what he was doing when he ran onto the track. He was mad, just like many other drivers who have done the same thing before. But the way he walked right into the cars was something I am not sure I have ever seen in all the NASCAR races I have watched over the years.

I am sorry for him. I am sorry for his family. I am sorry for Tony and his family also, but this young man should never had gotten out of the car, and certainly should not have began walking across the track. It was a fatal mistake.

I was in my car today and I didn't rev up my engine around pedestrians. In fact, the idea would never enter my mind.

And you on a RACE track?? Has anything entered your mind??

Watch the vid again. Stewarts car seemed to rev engine...then skid. Personally, I think he was trying to bump him or scare him and didn't plan on killing him. Then again, I could be wrong.

But do LISTEN to the vid. That engine is revving up just before it skitters into the guy.

With that said..the guy is an idiot for walking into oncoming racers.

Important note on Outlaw sprint cars: you steer them with the throttle. Seriously: they are steered maybe 75-80% with power and braking, and 20-25% with the steering wheel! They are twitchy, unstable, very top-heavy, and very hard to control at lower speeds...the tires pack up with mud & don't grip, the steering becomes very heavy, and the engines (high-string methanol-burners) are designed to run flat-out, and tend load up and misfire. Under caution, you will see/hear ALL the racers revving their engines. They do this to fling dirt off the rear tires, and to clear out the engines.

Another critical note: a WoO car can't turn right. Just doesn't work. Also, hitting the brakes makes the back of the car swing right. Remember how I said they steer with power & braking? One way they do so is that there is no right front brake! Had Stewart nailed the brakes to avoid the idiot on the track, he would have spun right into him (and quite possibly rolled the car onto him).

Watch the video again: the car before Stewart's (bright-blue #45) JUST missed Ward.

A final note: it was a night race, the cars have no headlights, Stewart's helmet visor was moire than likely very dirty (WoO drivers pretty much wear the track!)...and Ward was wearing head to toe BLACK!

And you on a RACE track?? Has anything entered your mind??
What difference does that make. It appears that Stewart acted like a vindictive child.

At first I thought it was just an accident but given the facts that they'd had an earlier altercation and the other driver was out of his car, "pointing" at Stewart; and considering Stewart's documented anger issues, wouldn't it be natural to assume Stewart intentionally ran the guy down?

I don't think that just because someone has a short fuse and had an altercation indicates that he is guilty of murder. That is a rather premature assumption considering there is absolutely NO evidence to indicate that at all. Citizens in the United States are entitled to a trial before you convict them. Anger issues does not equal murderer.

Nothing but an accident.
The driver that was killed should never have been out on the track even when the cars were running under the caution. Now about the track itself, it was dark compared to a NASCAR track with lighting for the tv cameras, and most importantly it was a dirt track!!!! Not the best traction for man or car.
Maybe the driver tried to get out of the way but slipped while doing so. We may never know but that is a distinct possibility.

The driver, Ward, had just been clipped into banging into a wall. Who knows if his head got bumped or not and addled his thinking.

Jeesh. Way to blame the victim.

First rule of racing Unless it is on fire, you DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR UNTIL CRASH CREWS ARRIVE!

No, you don't. But you also don't need to be Einstein to figure out that someone just involved in an accident won't be thinking clearly.

You are right that he may not have been thinking clearly. That doesn't negate his responsibility not to walk out into traffic. This should be and most likely is part of their training about what not to do when involved in a wreck. When it's the victim at fault, that's who gets the blame.

As reckless as the victim was, Stewart still has an obligation to try to avoid him. Especially under caution

Stewart appears to be hot dogging trying to spray the other driver in dirt to rub it in. He guns it just as he is passing by. If so, he is also negligent

You don't even know that you don't know anything about how a WoO car handles.

Nothing but an accident.
The driver that was killed should never have been out on the track even when the cars were running under the caution. Now about the track itself, it was dark compared to a NASCAR track with lighting for the tv cameras, and most importantly it was a dirt track!!!! Not the best traction for man or car.
Maybe the driver tried to get out of the way but slipped while doing so. We may never know but that is a distinct possibility.

The driver, Ward, had just been clipped into banging into a wall. Who knows if his head got bumped or not and addled his thinking.

First rule of racing Unless it is on fire, you DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR UNTIL CRASH CREWS ARRIVE!

Cool. You get in a crash and we will see how rational you are.

You are right that he may not have been thinking clearly. That doesn't negate his responsibility not to walk out into traffic. This should be and most likely is part of their training about what not to do when involved in a wreck. When it's the victim at fault, that's who gets the blame.

As reckless as the victim was, Stewart still has an obligation to try to avoid him. Especially under caution

Stewart appears to be hot dogging trying to spray the other driver in dirt to rub it in. He guns it just as he is passing by. If so, he is also negligent

You don't even know that you don't know anything about how a WoO car handles.
I guess Stewart doesn't either

Nothing but an accident.

I don't know much about racing, but I've heard that saying, and I've also heard that the drivers ignore it much of the time.

Cool. You get in a crash and we will see how rational you are.

You should just back out know your lost,its racing everyone crashes at one time or another often those are the rules unless your you then you would get out and walk across an active race track at night in all black.Then wonder ass your dumb ass is run over.

Forum List

Back