Did Trump lose his security clearance when Biden became president?

Wrong.

Does Classification Even Matter?

All that said, there is an even more fundamental reason why Trump’s claims of declassification are likely to fall short as a legal defense. While there are criminal statutes that hinge on classification, they aren’t among the criminal offenses that the FBI included on the search warrant. To the contrary, all three of the criminal provisions that the FBI did list can be—and two routinely are—applied to misconduct that has absolutely nothing to do with classified information, making it unclear whether Trump’s claims of declassification would make any difference even if true.

The first provision listed, 18 U.S.C. § 1519, is an obstruction of justice provision that makes it a crime to knowingly alter, conceal, destroy, or falsify “any record, document, or tangible object[,]” so long as it’s done with the intent to impede or influence a federal investigation or other process. It’s unclear whether the Justice Department included § 1519 on the search warrant because it believes records held at Mar-a-Lago have been concealed or manipulated in violation of § 1519, or because members of Trump’s team may have generated false records as part of the extended negotiations over the retrieval of those records (such as the inventory that one or more of Trump’s lawyers reportedly signed in June 2022 asserting, incorrectly, that all classified documents had been turned over). Either way, whether the records held at Mar-a-Lago are classified or not is irrelevant, as the Justice Department routinely brings successful § 1519 charges in relation to records that are entirely unclassified, such as police reports and records of maritime waste disposal.

if it did, he would have been arrested at the time of the raid. See, that's where you all lose this argument. They know he had a right to take them. Otherwise they would have arrested him. Can't have it out both sides your mouth unless you bit it. Did you bite the dick in your mouth?

When the next President is sworn in, he has no powers beyond a normal citizen. He never had a security clearance per se.
Then how in the fuck is Obama running this country without any clearance? :wink:

Last edited:
If so, that makes the classified documents at Mar-a-Lago even more seriously illegal. Does anyone know for sure?

Not if Trump declassified them before he left office.

No. Paywall and doesn't appear to back your claim anyway. Also, kindly quote what you feel most makes your point..
There wasnt a paywall for me. Regardless, let me tell you what it says. It says that not a single document ever made it to his library.

Ive seen quite a few of you claim that his documents went to the National Archives, but that isnt true at all. Do you know where Obamas documents went? Its really weird actually... a series of military convoys took them to a fucking furniture store, of all places.

Not if Trump declassified them before he left office.
Dude, the three statutes mentioned in the warrant as well as the PRA are not dependent on classification

Please stop spewing that nonsense. You know better now.

AND if Trump had carelessly issued some weird blanket declassification it would have had to been witnessed

He can not just “think” it and poof it happens

Glad I could clear that up for you

But it doesn’t appear that he declassified it.
depends on which site you choose to believe. i find many that says there was a standing order that anything he took was declassified by ths action alone.

a bit broad based for me and i'd argue that is stupid and needs more clarity.

then again, i think an FBI order from a group already busted for framing trump that simply says "any documents he may have seen while in office" is even more stupid.

but here we are.

Forum List

Back