Did Yeshua write anything?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Yes. If you believe one ancient historian over others anyway.

Don Stewart :: Did Jesus Write Anything?

"Do We Have A Letter From Jesus?

There is an ancient letter that purports to have been written from Jesus. It is known as, "The Letter to King Abgar." Abgar was a real king who reigned from A.D. 9 to A.D. 46 in what is in modern- day Turkey. As the story goes, King Abgar wrote first to Jesus requesting a miracle.

And when I heard all those things about you, I considered that you are either God himself who has come down from heaven to act like this, or that you are the Son of God doing such things. Therefore I am writing to you and ask you to visit me and cure my illness. Incidentally, I have heard that the Jews are grumbling about you and wish you harm. I have a city, rather small, but noble, and it is sufficient for us both.

The Reply Of Jesus To King Abgar

It is recorded that Jesus replied by means of a courier. He began the letter by a saying that is found in John's gospel.

Blessed are you, who has believed in me without having seen me.

The Authenticity Of The Letter Is Disputed

The letter was not accepted as authentic by all early church authorities. Jerome and Augustine, writing about seventy years after Eusebius, state that Jesus did not leave anything in writing. Though most scholars have reject the story as legendary an explanation has to be given why Eusebius would have argued for its authenticity..."

more before and after at link

A fascinating question. As the link explains he could indeed read and write. So if his intent was to start a splinter faith from Judaism he should have written a great deal. But since it seems he didn't, was Christianity his idea or someone else's?

All that we can know for certain is that Jesus could have written letters or books if He so wished. Why He did not leave anything for us in writing, whether it be a systematic arrangement of His teachings or His inner thoughts, we simply do not know.

to be more exact,

Why He did not leave anything ...

and "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani" - 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?'

that book in contradiction to the above glamorizes the crucifixion of JC when in fact no one came to his defense and the truth may be he died a disheartened death - of which makes sense for no traces being left for posterity by either the victim or the unworthy followers ... and a forsaken God.

was Christianity his idea or someone else's?

both, though with a Shakespearean twist ... and (perhaps) without endorsement from the lead Character.

There is an ancient letter that purports to have been written from Jesus. It is known as, "The Letter to King Abgar." Abgar was a real king who reigned from A.D. 9 to A.D. 46 in what is in modern- day Turkey. As the story goes, King Abgar wrote first to Jesus requesting a miracle.

And when I heard all those things about you, I considered that you are either God himself who has come down from heaven to act like this, or that you are the Son of God doing such things. Therefore I am writing to you and ask you to visit me and cure my illness. Incidentally, I have heard that the Jews are grumbling about you and wish you harm. I have a city, rather small, but noble, and it is sufficient for us both.

The Reply Of Jesus To King Abgar

It is recorded that Jesus replied by means of a courier. He began the letter by a saying that is found in John's gospel.

Blessed are you, who has believed in me without having seen me.

The Authenticity Of The Letter Is Disputed

The letter was not accepted as authentic by all early church authorities. Jerome and Augustine, writing about seventy years after Eusebius, state that Jesus did not leave anything in writing. Though most scholars have reject the story as legendary an explanation has to be given why Eusebius would have argued for its authenticity..."

more before and after at link

A fascinating question. As the link explains he could indeed read and write. So if his intent was to start a splinter faith from Judaism he should have written a great deal. But since it seems he didn't, was Christianity his idea or someone else's?

Jesus was God's first saint, an illusion born into this world filled with illusions that He used to testify to the prophets and saints created existence as the Word, also known as the Kingdom of God, or His Voice. It's also called the Gospel where the "good news" about God's plan of eternal life for ALL His created "beings".

In order to teach us saints our created invisible existence, God has to use languages from this world that are used to describe all the illusions that fill this world, whether they are hand made by God's people or the illusions that were here when man was placed in this symbolic "Garden of Eden". For God to teach us anything, He has the flesh called saints to write words He uses from our vocabularies in a language we can understand and write them down on paper. From these writings, are analogies using the illusions to teach us about who we are as invisible created "beings".

So Jesus would have written hundreds of stories ( analogies ) for his own personal lessons about who he was in his created existence. These writings can be destroyed because we have no further use for them once we understand who we are as the created Word of God. Only God's prophecies were important for His saints to read so that He could help us understand the future events that would happen. Many of the prophecies were about us coming to speak the Law to chosen believers as witnesses to our testimonies. This is why we quote prophecies to our believers to help them understand we are Christ and that ALL God's created "beings" exist in Christ, known as the Kingdom of God.

Christ is invisible vibrations that were spoken into the mind of God by His first creation called His voice ( Word of God ). This invisible language has to be processed into information we "beings" need to experience as illusions that make up a defined world to give us the sense of being. Without these formed illusions that come from our invisible created existence as vibrations, we wouldn't know that we exist. So this is the purpose for God to form all these illusions ( flesh and the objects of a universe ) to make us believe we are real.

So it takes a lot of writing and speaking ( which is another way we learn about ourselves ) to learn that we all came from a invisible realm that no man has ever been able to see in this age and never will be able to see for eternity.

It would be easier on everyone if God just sat down beside us and told us what to do and how to think. Somehow I don't think that is really the point.

There are a lot of reasons people can assume as to why Jesus didn't write everything down and all of them are just guesses. This particular letter is very suspect as it pulls on ideas that came far later in the church's history.

while it's an interesting question. jesus was born and raised in Nazareth, a town of poor illiterates. it is unlikely he was even able to read the bible but would have learned oral history.

Luke 2:41 Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. 42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the festival, according to the custom. 43 After the festival was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. 44 Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. 45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.

It would be easier on everyone if God just sat down beside us and told us what to do and how to think. Somehow I don't think that is really the point.

There are a lot of reasons people can assume as to why Jesus didn't write everything down and all of them are just guesses. This particular letter is very suspect as it pulls on ideas that came far later in the church's history.

lol, he DID tell you what to do.......

couple of rocks with the Ten Commandments scribed on them......

there is no tablet nor commandments etched by God, only the Living Garden while still alive is the proof of God and the means set for humanities existence, seen not read.

John 7:14 Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
John 7:15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?

there is no tablet nor commandments etched by God, only the Living Garden while still alive is the proof of God and the means set for humanities existence, seen not read.

It might be buried under the temple mount.

good luck, yet the Bible continues to claim the content of the tablet as: "The Ten Commandments" it can not prove ...

or without the Tablet the "Ten Commandments" are rightfully only a myth the Bible fails to properly portray -

and therefore undermines its own legitimacy.

while it's an interesting question. jesus was born and raised in Nazareth, a town of poor illiterates. it is unlikely he was even able to read the bible but would have learned oral history.

Arabic Infancy Gospel (non-canonized) mentions Yeshua at yeshiva (Jewish elementary school.) It's there he demonstrated his 'innate knowledge' of Torah, and also commits his first murder (possibly why it wasn't canonized hehe.)

49. Thereafter they took Him to another and a more learned master, who, when be saw Him, said: Say Aleph. And when He had said Aleph, the master ordered him to pronounce Beth. And the Lord Jesus answered him, and said: First tell me the meaning of the letter Aleph, and then I shall pronounce Beth. And when the master hereupon raised his hand and flogged Him, immediately his hand dried up, and he died. Then said Joseph, to the Lady Mary: From this time we shall not let him go out of the house, since every one who opposes him is struck dead.
Apocrypha: Arabic Infancy Gospel : Interfaith

Not anymore anyway. Torah says the first set of commandments given to Moses at Mt. Sinai was inscribed by G-d Himself (the 'finger of G-d.') But upon returning to the people and seeing the golden calf thing Moses destroyed these. Going back, he then penned the set that went into the Ark of the Covenant.

Not anymore anyway. Torah says the first set of commandments given to Moses at Mt. Sinai was inscribed by G-d Himself (the 'finger of G-d.') But upon returning to the people and seeing the golden calf thing Moses destroyed these. Going back, he then penned the set that went into the Ark of the Covenant.

does the Bible then refer to them as Moses's Commandments ... * No.

does it make sense to destroy the Tablets before allowing the offenders to read them, who they were written for ... *No.

was there something written by God that disagreed with Moses - most likely ... * and were deliberately destroyed.

Moses had no authority to desecrate a work Etched by God, the same lack of authority of the Scribes that rather than condemn Moses joined in his deception - the deception of all who read the Bible who are their victims.

the Garden does not Lie.

Last edited:
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Legend of Abgar

The fact related in the correspondence has long since ceased to be of any historical value. The text is borrowed in two places from that of the Gospel, which of itself is sufficient to disprove the authenticity of the letter. Moreover, the quotations are made not from the Gospels proper, but from the famous concordance of Tatian, compiled in the second century, and known as the "Diatessaron", thus fixing the date of the legend as approximately the middle of the third century.

"...jesus was born and raised in Nazareth, a town of poor illiterates."

So are we to assume that you believe that much?? Why?

I mean, it sounds like you probably doubt most of the rest?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back