Dinesh D’Souza’s "America"

Current score:

Michael Moore $119 million
Dinesh D’souza $11.5 million

Didn't you claim that the $119 million was for a year?

If so, $11.5 in four weeks is almost $299 million for a year.

There are two kinds of people in the world,.....those good at math....

....and rightwinger.

Current score:

....and rightwinger.
is that the way movies generally work? making as much their opening weekend every weekend out of the year?

Current score:

....and rightwinger.
is that the way movies generally work? making as much their opening weekend every weekend out of the year?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3bswGxCM0Y]NINA - A GIRL CAN DREAM [MUSIC VIDEO] - YouTube[/ame]

Current score:

....and rightwinger.

Lets see....Danish only has to draw $108 million the rest of the year

Fahrenheit 9-11 drew $24 million its opening WEEKEND
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fahrenheit911.htm

Why is Michael Moore laughing at you?

Last edited:
You dirty liberals will soon be sorry! Atlas Shrugged part 3 comes out September 12th! The whole world is going to see it and become Galt worshippers, or something like that.

Now, you might not have been aware that part 2 had been released, but that's because of the great liberal media conspiracy against the film.

You dirty liberals will soon be sorry! Atlas Shrugged part 3 comes out September 12th! The whole world is going to see it and become Galt worshippers, or something like that.

Now, you might not have been aware that part 2 had been released, but that's because of the great liberal media conspiracy against the film.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...ill-change-the-face-of-american-politics.html

you are going to be seeing and hearing and feeling atlas shrugged a lot in the coming time until the 2012 election.

as wonderfual as the original novel is, no, magnificient... the movie will better present to the masses, that big government is not only wrong, in this country, according to our constitution, it is immoral.

i further suggest that this hollywood production will play a large roll in unseating the president of obama, how ultimately and deliciously ironic. how do you like us now.

Last edited:
Current score:

....and rightwinger.
:lol:

And if The Chic cared to look, she'd see in the first four weeks Fahrenheit 911 made 100 million.

By day 47, (can you count up how many weeks those are PC?), it had reached 113 Million.

Fahrenheit 9/11 - Box Office Data - The Numbers

Pulls in $1.725 million over the weekend. For a total box of $11.5 million in FOUR Weeks
Weekend Box Office Results for July 18-20, 2014 - Box Office Mojo

Conservatives: What Michael Moore thinks of your lame attempts to make political documentaries

michael_moore.jpg

^ that [MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION] & other rw brown acid- takers :boohoo: :laugh:

Let's pretend that you have any thinking behind your government-worship......in such case, with which of these ideas, pray tell, do you have a problem?

..... individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

I'll understand if you can't come up with an answer.....but, remember, my view is that you will not be able to.

free/unregulated markets is what brought us :up: 2008. Thats what happens when Repubs *cough* "man" the SEC :eusa_clap: They hand "the keys to the store" to those they're supposed to be regulating :eusa_doh:
Care to try again? :eusa_think:

Last edited:
^ that [MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION] & other rw brown acid- takers :boohoo: :laugh:

Let's pretend that you have any thinking behind your government-worship......in such case, with which of these ideas, pray tell, do you have a problem?

..... individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

I'll understand if you can't come up with an answer.....but, remember, my view is that you will not be able to.

free/unregulated markets is what brought us :up: 2008. Thats what happens when Repubs *cough* "man" the SEC :eusa_clap: They hand "the keys to the store" to those they're supposed to be regulating :eusa_doh:
Care to try again? :eusa_think:

Pleeeeezzzzzzzzze....I demand better opponents!

How can I claim the title of champion with fleas and mental midgets as my opposites!
This is downright unfair!

First, there were no free/unregulated markets.

And, most significantly.....Democrat refusal to be held to the restrictions of the Constitution is the cause of the meltdown.....

Take notes:

1. Democrat FDR shredded the Constitution....ignoring article I, section 8, the enumerated powers.
He created GSE's Fannie and Freddie to do something the Constitution didn't authorize: meddle in housing.

2. Democrat Carter....the CRA, constraining banking policy

3. Democrat Clinton....strengthened the CRA
Under Clinton, HUD threatened banks, again, to give unrequited loans.
Henchmen: Democrats Cisneros and Cuomo.

4. Democrats Frank and Dodd barred any governmental discipline in this area.

That's the CliffNotes version.
I don't believe you can handle the details.....but I can provide same.

How can I claim the title of champion with fleas and mental midgets as my opposites!

Democrats Frank and Dodd barred any governmental discipline in this area.

Talk about a mental midget!!!

Frank and Dodd were POWERLESS members of a MINORITY Party at the time!!!

And,....again....I must demand better opponents!!!!!!

You should realize how badly you are about to get burned when the old timer thanks you for a post.......

Now....observe as I eviscerate you....and the other mental midget.

1. "It was in 2005 that the GSEs—which had been acquiring increasing numbers of subprime and Alt-A loans for many years in order to meet their HUD-imposed affordable housing requirements—accelerated the purchases that led to their 2008 insolvency. If legislation along the lines of the Senate committee's bill had been enacted in that year, many if not all the losses that Fannie and Freddie have suffered, and will suffer in the future, might have been avoided.

Why was there no action in the full Senate? As most Americans know today, it takes 60 votes to cut off debate in the Senate, and the Republicans had only 55. To close debate and proceed to the enactment of the committee-passed bill, the Republicans needed five Democrats to vote with them. But in a 45 member Democratic caucus that included Barack Obama and the current Senate Banking Chairman Christopher Dodd (D., Conn.), these votes could not be found.

... Obama has taken to accusing others of representing "special interests." In an April radio address he stated that his financial regulatory proposals were struggling in the Senate because "the financial industry and its powerful lobby have opposed modest safeguards against the kinds of reckless risks and bad practices that led to this very crisis."
He should know. As a senator, he was the third largest recipient of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, behind only Sens. Chris Dodd and John Kerry.
Wallison: Fannie and Freddie Amnesia - WSJ

2. "Barney Frank (D-MA) Blocked Multiple Attempts At Reforming Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Spanning Back To 1992…Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) Led Efforts To Block Reform Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac…Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) Has Been A "Leading Voice For [Financial] Deregulation," Led Efforts To Block Reform Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac, And Was Instrumental In The Collapse Of Bank IndyMac…Way back in 2001 The Bush Administration raised red flags. In 2008, Bush warned the Democratic majority 17 times that there was a looming crisis…
Truth On Target: Obama's Financial Friends: Schumer, Dodd and Barney Frank

And so.....with apologies to Edmund Rostand.....'as I end my refrain...thrust home my sword!'

I do so appreciate you playing the role of foil to my mastery.

That MIGHT matter if this WEREN'T true :eusa_whistle:

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were victims, not culprits - BusinessWeek
Start with the most basic fact of all: virtually none of the $1.5 trillion of cratering subprime mortgages were backed by Fannie or Freddie. That’s right — most subprime mortgages did not meet Fannie or Freddie’s strict lending standards. All those no money down, no interest for a year, low teaser rate loans? All the loans made without checking a borrower’s income or employment history? All made in the private sector, without any support from Fannie and Freddie.
FactWatch: Fannie and Freddie were followers, not leaders, in mortgage frenzy | Center for Public Integrity
GOP.gov, the official website for Republicans in the House of Representatives, says flatly: “Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were the main cause of the nation's current financial turmoil.” Many critics — including Republican appointees to the federal Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission — blame the two government-chartered mortgage underwriters for pushing lenders to make riskier loans and leading the way into the financial crash.

There’s a problem with this narrative: The numbers tell a different story.

You should realize how badly you are about to get burned when the old timer thanks you for a post.......

1. "It was in 2005 that the GSEs—which had been acquiring increasing numbers of subprime and Alt-A loans for many years in order to meet their HUD-imposed affordable housing requirements—accelerated the purchases that led to their 2008 insolvency. If legislation along the lines of the Senate committee's bill had been enacted in that year, many if not all the losses that Fannie and Freddie have suffered, and will suffer in the future, might have been avoided.

Why was there no action in the full Senate? As most Americans know today, it takes 60 votes to cut off debate in the Senate, and the Republicans had only 55. To close debate and proceed to the enactment of the committee-passed bill, the Republicans needed five Democrats to vote with them. But in a 45 member Democratic caucus that included Barack Obama and the current Senate Banking Chairman Christopher Dodd (D., Conn.), these votes could not be found.

... Obama has taken to accusing others of representing "special interests." In an April radio address he stated that his financial regulatory proposals were struggling in the Senate because "the financial industry and its powerful lobby have opposed modest safeguards against the kinds of reckless risks and bad practices that led to this very crisis."
He should know. As a senator, he was the third largest recipient of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, behind only Sens. Chris Dodd and John Kerry.

2. "Barney Frank (D-MA) Blocked Multiple Attempts At Reforming Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Spanning Back To 1992…Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) Led Efforts To Block Reform Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac…Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) Has Been A "Leading Voice For [Financial] Deregulation," Led Efforts To Block Reform Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac, And Was Instrumental In The Collapse Of Bank IndyMac…Way back in 2001 The Bush Administration raised red flags. In 2008, Bush warned the Democratic majority 17 times that there was a looming crisis…

And so.....with apologies to Edmund Rostand.....'as I end my refrain...thrust home my sword!'

The GOP never brought the bill up for a vote for any Democrat to block, as you have stupidly admitted!!!!! Like a knee jerk hack you blame the Dems, but the GOP didn't even have support among themselves which is why they never brought the bill to the floor for a vote, so it is a complete fabrication to claim the GOP had 55 votes!!!! The GOP had been using a "Majority of the majority" rule for bringing a bill to the floor for a vote and if they had 55 GOP votes they would have brought it up for a vote, but there was not a majority of Senate Republicans supporting ANY reform bill to bring it up for a vote. Thus NO bill ever made it to the Senate floor for a vote! All but one never made it out of committee even though the GOP held a two seat majority in the committee. There is no 60 vote rule in committee!!!!

Interesting, I am just over from another site that is ending political discussion...and I come here to find that yes, the left starts the name calling early and often whenever they engage in discussion. I am not surprised, just resigned to the hate coming from the left...

Interesting, I am just over from another site that is ending political discussion...and I come here to find that yes, the left starts the name calling early and often whenever they engage in discussion. I am not surprised, just resigned to the hate coming from the left...

Example?

anything to add "on-topic" :eusa_whistle: :eusa_hand:

This thread is about a rw hack movie for eXtreme rw haterz/ODS sufferers which, seems, to be flopping in the cinema.

Last edited:
That MIGHT matter if this WEREN'T true :eusa_whistle:

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were victims, not culprits - BusinessWeek
Start with the most basic fact of all: virtually none of the $1.5 trillion of cratering subprime mortgages were backed by Fannie or Freddie. That’s right — most subprime mortgages did not meet Fannie or Freddie’s strict lending standards. All those no money down, no interest for a year, low teaser rate loans? All the loans made without checking a borrower’s income or employment history? All made in the private sector, without any support from Fannie and Freddie.
FactWatch: Fannie and Freddie were followers, not leaders, in mortgage frenzy | Center for Public Integrity
GOP.gov, the official website for Republicans in the House of Representatives, says flatly: “Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were the main cause of the nation's current financial turmoil.” Many critics — including Republican appointees to the federal Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission — blame the two government-chartered mortgage underwriters for pushing lenders to make riskier loans and leading the way into the financial crash.

There’s a problem with this narrative: The numbers tell a different story.

Until you came along I always wondered how the dinosaurs survived for millions of years with walnut sized brains.

Let's go back to my needing better opponents.

A question even simple enough for one of your ability:

If it were not for Democrat policy, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt, deciding that government had the authority to dabble in the private housing markets.....

... would there have been any mortgage meltdown?

2. "Barney Frank (D-MA) Blocked Multiple Attempts At Reforming Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Spanning Back To 1992…Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) Has Been A "Leading Voice For [Financial] Deregulation," Led Efforts To Block Reform Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac, And Was Instrumental In The Collapse Of Bank IndyMac…Way back in 2001 The Bush Administration raised red flags. In 2008, Bush warned the Democratic majority 17 times that there was a looming crisis…

The GOP never brought the bill up for a vote for any Democrat to block, as you have stupidly admitted!!!!! Like a knee jerk hack you blame the Dems, but the GOP didn't even have support among themselves which is why they never brought the bill to the floor for a vote, so it is a complete fabrication to claim the GOP had 55 votes!!!! The GOP had been using a "Majority of the majority" rule for bringing a bill to the floor for a vote and if they had 55 GOP votes they would have brought it up for a vote, but there was not a majority of Senate Republicans supporting ANY reform bill to bring it up for a vote. Thus NO bill ever made it to the Senate floor for a vote! All but one never made it out of committee even though the GOP held a two seat majority in the committee. There is no 60 vote rule in committee!!!!

"....Led Efforts To Block Reform Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac…"

Who did?

Democrats.

The fabrication begins when you claim a cerebral cortex.

For those capable of erudition:

Published: September 11, 2003

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10— The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.
Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.
The proposal is the opening act in one of the biggest and most significant lobbying battles of the Congressional session.

Among the groups denouncing the proposal today were the National Association of Home Builders and Congressional Democrats who fear that tighter regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to financing low-income and affordable housing.
''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''
Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed.
New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae - NYTimes.com

What have we learned?

That the Democrats are the provenance of the problem.....and the bar to the solution.

And, that you remain a dope swearing allegiance to the corrupters.

Once again.....no Liberal/Democrat/ Progressive should ever.......ever......be allowed a seat of power in this nation.

Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' Will Have Some Conservatives Yearning For Michael Moore's - Forbes
although clearly not a fan of the president, the author would seem to be even less of a fan of d'souza
To believe D’Souza and others who are helping define this ascendant strain of victim conservatism, a man they deem aloof, unfocused and not terribly competent has somehow managed in six short years to transform a nation once defined by staggering individual initiative and entrepreneurial abundance into a land of indolent takers. Victimhood has a new red-state address, and Obama must be flattered to know that for being Barack, he’s sapped the vitality of the most productive people on earth. All of this would be scary if D’Souza’s documentary were at all grounded in reality.

Billy.....I have to say that I am really not opposed to what you call 'name calling' as I am exceptionally good at same.

"...to the hate coming from the left.."

I am not of the Left (phew!).....and I do it out of love, not hate.

Tough love.

Forum List

Back