Dinesh D’Souza’s "America"

Box Office: 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' Grosses $73M Weekend - Forbes

Of note, Dinesh D’souza’s America dropped just 11% in its second weekend, bringing in $2.4m and bringing its cume to $8.267m. It’s not going to challenge Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 ($119m), but getting over/under D’souza’s 2016: Obama’s America ($33m) isn’t out of the question

Damn...$8 million bucks from soaking every conservative you can get. How embarassing that fat old Michael Moore can sell $119 million and conservative struggle to break double figures

Looks like its not even going to be a wash at the rate its going. Investors (Koch Industries? :eusa_think: ) won't get a $.10 back from their investment.

Poor, poor, [MENTION=29492]PoliChic[/MENTION] and her fluffing of rw propaganda *cough* "films" :(

;-)

Last edited:
Wow...this is the biggest swing I've seen since "Atlas Shrugged"

Critics give it 17%
Audience 91%
Translation: Critics don't like it but the people who actually saw it did like it.

I read some of the audience reviews. Not many provide any details to indicate they actually saw the movie

The critics are quite clear that they saw it

You could bother debating D'Souza on history and semantics and rudimentary logic, but chances are you'd end up feeling like Meathead arguing with Archie Bunker.

Hilariously, just minutes after reducing Occupy Wall Street to an assault on small hamburger shops, D'Souza attacks insurance companies and Wall Street executives as fellow travelers in Obamacare, this country's one unpardonable

D'Souza has a gift for stating his opponent's position without actually addressing it.

D'Souza asks softball questions of those he agrees with ("What is your American dream?" he asks U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz) and leading questions of others, and his narration is peppered with generalities, platitudes and truisms.

Beholden to the same plethora of taboos, half-truths, and outright lies traded en masse by mainstream conservatism for the last seven years.

"America" is like the cinematic equivalent of one of those forwarded e-mails of mostly discredited "facts" that you receive from an uncle and at least those sometimes include family photos or a meat loaf recipe that can be of some value.

Did you get all that from Daily Kos or a similar site? :eusa_whistle:

Translation: Critics don't like it but the people who actually saw it did like it.

I read some of the audience reviews. Not many provide any details to indicate they actually saw the movie

The critics are quite clear that they saw it

You could bother debating D'Souza on history and semantics and rudimentary logic, but chances are you'd end up feeling like Meathead arguing with Archie Bunker.

Hilariously, just minutes after reducing Occupy Wall Street to an assault on small hamburger shops, D'Souza attacks insurance companies and Wall Street executives as fellow travelers in Obamacare, this country's one unpardonable

D'Souza has a gift for stating his opponent's position without actually addressing it.

D'Souza asks softball questions of those he agrees with ("What is your American dream?" he asks U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz) and leading questions of others, and his narration is peppered with generalities, platitudes and truisms.

Beholden to the same plethora of taboos, half-truths, and outright lies traded en masse by mainstream conservatism for the last seven years.

"America" is like the cinematic equivalent of one of those forwarded e-mails of mostly discredited "facts" that you receive from an uncle and at least those sometimes include family photos or a meat loaf recipe that can be of some value.

Did you get all that from Daily Kos or a similar site? :eusa_whistle:

Rotten Tomatoes

Ever hear of it?

Of note, Dinesh D’souza’s America dropped just 11% in its second weekend, bringing in $2.4m and bringing its cume to $8.267m. It’s not going to challenge Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 ($119m), but getting over/under D’souza’s 2016: Obama’s America ($33m) isn’t out of the question

Damn...$8 million bucks from soaking every conservative you can get. How embarassing that fat old Michael Moore can sell $119 million and conservative struggle to break double figures

Looks like its not even going to be a wash at the rate its going. Poor, poor, [MENTION=29492]PoliChic[/MENTION] and her fluffing of rw propaganda *cough* "films" :(

;-)

How humiliating for conservatives that THIS GUY kicks your ass

moore_1294848c.jpg

Looks like its not even going to be a wash at the rate its going. Poor, poor, [MENTION=29492]PoliChic[/MENTION] and her fluffing of rw propaganda *cough* "films" :(

;-)

moore_1294848c.jpg

PoliChic has to be
silverdethranting.gif
right now :( :lol:

Current score:

Michael Moore $119 million
Dinesh D’souza $8 million

;-)

moore_1294848c.jpg
:lol:
lol

A built in right-wing audience that "absolutely loves" the film before they even see it.

#LOLGOP

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TheBlaze earlier on Saturday offered a look at a pivotal scene from Dinesh D’Souza’s “America,”noting that the movie received an “impressive” A+ rating from CinemaScore.

Here’s a closer look at what that A+ score means — and the quite rare and top-drawer company “America” now joins because of it.

CinemaScore folks head to movie houses in five or six cities across the United States every Friday night and ask patrons to assign letter grades to the movie they’ve just watched, according to theHollywood Reporter, adding that the results “serve as a fairly reliable indicator of whether a film will fly or fizzle.”

“CinemaScore is definitely one of the tools we use to evaluate playability,” Chris Aronson, senior vice president domestic distribution at 20th Century Fox, told the Reporter. (His company’s ”Rise of the Planet of the Apes” is benefiting from an A- CinemaScore rating.)

So an A- is nothing to sneeze at…but an A+? That’s the brass ring.

In the last 29 years, only 52 films have received an A+ from CinemaScore, including seven Oscar Best Picture winners: “Gandhi,” “Driving Miss Daisy,” “Dances With Wolves,” “Schindler’s List,” “Forrest Gump,” “Titanic,” and “The King’s Speech.”

The Reporter added that an A+ typically “signals a long, prosperous theatrical run.”

Here Are the Legendary Films Dinesh D?Souza?s ?America? Now Sits Next to Because of the Incredibly Rare Grade Viewers Gave It

Last edited:
A built in right-wing audience that "absolutely loves" the film before they even see it.

#LOLGOP

TheBlaze earlier on Saturday offered a look at a pivotal scene from Dinesh D’Souza’s “America,”noting that the movie received an “impressive” A+ rating from CinemaScore.

Here’s a closer look at what that A+ score means — and the quite rare and top-drawer company “America” now joins because of it.

CinemaScore folks head to movie houses in five or six cities across the United States every Friday night and ask patrons to assign letter grades to the movie they’ve just watched, according to theHollywood Reporter, adding that the results “serve as a fairly reliable indicator of whether a film will fly or fizzle.”

“CinemaScore is definitely one of the tools we use to evaluate playability,” Chris Aronson, senior vice president domestic distribution at 20th Century Fox, told the Reporter. (His company’s ”Rise of the Planet of the Apes” is benefiting from an A- CinemaScore rating.)

So an A- is nothing to sneeze at…but an A+? That’s the brass ring.

In the last 29 years, only 52 films have received an A+ from CinemaScore, including seven Oscar Best Picture winners: “Gandhi,” “Driving Miss Daisy,” “Dances With Wolves,” “Schindler’s List,” “Forrest Gump,” “Titanic,” and “The King’s Speech.”

The Reporter added that an A+ typically “signals a long, prosperous theatrical run.”

Here Are the Legendary Films Dinesh D?Souza?s ?America? Now Sits Next to Because of the Incredibly Rare Grade Viewers Gave It

The Reporter added that an A+ typically “signals a long, prosperous theatrical run

:lol::lol::lol:

The reporter never before dealt with an audience of rightwing conservative sheeple who give every conservative opus an A+

This way Sarah Palin gets an A+, Rush Limbaugh gets an A+, Atlas Shrugged gets an A+
Conservatives have been trained to give any lower score is treason

#LOLGOP

The Reporter added that an A+ typically “signals a long, prosperous theatrical run

The reporter never before dealt with an audience of rightwing conservative sheeple who give every conservative opus an A+

This way Sarah Palin gets an A+, Rush Limbaugh gets an A+, Atlas Shrugged gets an A+

“Gandhi,” “Driving Miss Daisy,” “Dances With Wolves,” “Schindler’s List,” “Forrest Gump,” “Titanic,” and “The King’s Speech.”

And now, "America."

“Gandhi,” “Driving Miss Daisy,” “Dances With Wolves,” “Schindler’s List,” “Forrest Gump,” “Titanic,” and “The King’s Speech.”

And now, "America."

I'm sure it will be viewed as the next Gone with the Wind :lol:

One year from now you won't even remember it

I don't watch MSNBC. I don't watch Fox News. I don't watch Michael Moore flicks. I don't watch Dinesh D`Souza flicks.
The reason I have for not watching any of this is because they are all strongly opinionated but present their opinions as fact.
I'd rather figured it all out on my own and come to my own opinion sans biased opinionated facts.

Pulls in $1.725 million over the weekend. For a total box of $11.5 million in FOUR Weeks
Weekend Box Office Results for July 18-20, 2014 - Box Office Mojo
Did it open in every theater? Was it played in as many theaters as the 'monkeys with machine guns" or the "shape changing toys" movie did?

Oh look! It just passed Micheal Moores "Roger and Me" for the 7th best grossing Political Documentary of all time.

Speaking of whom, looks like he needs to keep his hands off the candy bars.

Pulls in $1.725 million over the weekend. For a total box of $11.5 million in FOUR Weeks

Conservatives: What Michael Moore thinks of your lame attempts to make political documentaries

michael_moore.jpg

^ that [MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION] & other rw brown acid- takers :boohoo: :laugh:

Let's pretend that you have any thinking behind your government-worship......in such case, with which of these ideas, pray tell, do you have a problem?

..... individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

I'll understand if you can't come up with an answer.....but, remember, my view is that you will not be able to.

Conservatives: What Michael Moore thinks of your lame attempts to make political documentaries

Awww...

% Change: -27.9%

Looks like the Bible camps and TeaPee non-profits will have to start organizing buses across America to get em to the Really Big Show, like they did in 2012 for D'Liar's last propaganda flick.

Gotta lift those slumping sales somehow and show adoration for the adulterous felon who gives them nearly two solid hours of technicolor ODS and capital grade confirmation bias.

Current score:

Michael Moore $119 million
Dinesh D’souza $11.5 million

Did it open in every theater? Was it played in as many theaters as the 'monkeys with machine guns" or the "shape changing toys" movie did?

Oh look! It just passed Micheal Moores "Roger and Me" for the 7th best grossing Political Documentary of all time.

Speaking of whom, looks like he needs to keep his hands off the candy bars.

Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

Rank

Title (click to view)

Studio

Adjusted Gross

Unadjusted Gross

Release

Fahrenheit 9/11

Lions

$152,784,300

$119,194,771

6/23/04

Bowling for Columbine

UA

$29,220,900

$21,576,018

10/11/02

Sicko

LGF

$28,392,300

$24,540,079

6/22/07

Capitalism: A Love Story

Over.

$15,025,400

$14,363,397

9/23/09

Roger and Me

WB

$12,641,000

$6,706,368

12/22/89

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=michaelmoore.htm

Why is Michael Moore laughing about lame conservative cries of "We can make political documentaries too!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back