Dinesh D’Souza’s "America"

Interesting, I am just over from another site that is ending political discussion...and I come here to find that yes, the left starts the name calling early and often whenever they engage in discussion. I am not surprised, just resigned to the hate coming from the left...

Example?

May I?

You are a biological anomaly: your brain has become your new appendix: no real function, and it could blow up and kill you.....But you’d make a damn fine organ donor!

Interesting, I am just over from another site that is ending political discussion...and I come here to find that yes, the left starts the name calling early and often whenever they engage in discussion. I am not surprised, just resigned to the hate coming from the left...

Example?

May I?

You are a biological anomaly: your brain has become your new appendix: no real function, and it could blow up and kill you.....But you’d make a damn fine organ donor!

Your personal hygiene is abhorent

May I?

Your personal hygiene is abhorent

Had you stayed in school instead of running off to join the circus, you might be able to spell 'abhorrent.'

You'd be the right one to ask: Do you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster?

That MIGHT matter if this WEREN'T true :eusa_whistle:

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were victims, not culprits - BusinessWeek
Start with the most basic fact of all: virtually none of the $1.5 trillion of cratering subprime mortgages were backed by Fannie or Freddie. That’s right — most subprime mortgages did not meet Fannie or Freddie’s strict lending standards. All those no money down, no interest for a year, low teaser rate loans? All the loans made without checking a borrower’s income or employment history? All made in the private sector, without any support from Fannie and Freddie.
FactWatch: Fannie and Freddie were followers, not leaders, in mortgage frenzy | Center for Public Integrity
GOP.gov, the official website for Republicans in the House of Representatives, says flatly: “Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were the main cause of the nation's current financial turmoil.” Many critics — including Republican appointees to the federal Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission — blame the two government-chartered mortgage underwriters for pushing lenders to make riskier loans and leading the way into the financial crash.

There’s a problem with this narrative: The numbers tell a different story.

Until you came along I always wondered how the dinosaurs survived for millions of years with walnut sized brains.

Let's go back to my needing better opponents.

A question even simple enough for one of your ability:

If it were not for Democrat policy, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt, deciding that government had the authority to dabble in the private housing markets.....

... would there have been any mortgage meltdown?

The last Repub President's acceptance speech:

George Bush, Nomination Acceptance Address, 2004 Republican National Convention—September 2, 2004
Another priority for a new term is to build an ownership society, because ownership brings security and dignity and independence.

Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all- time high.

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home."

In an ownership society, more people will own their health plans and have the confidence of owning a piece of their retirement.

remember that Repub rhetoric? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' Will Have Some Conservatives Yearning For Michael Moore's - Forbes
although clearly not a fan of the president, the author would seem to be even less of a fan of d'souza
To believe D’Souza and others who are helping define this ascendant strain of victim conservatism, a man they deem aloof, unfocused and not terribly competent has somehow managed in six short years to transform a nation once defined by staggering individual initiative and entrepreneurial abundance into a land of indolent takers. Victimhood has a new red-state address, and Obama must be flattered to know that for being Barack, he’s sapped the vitality of the most productive people on earth. All of this would be scary if D’Souza’s documentary were at all grounded in reality.

They lose elections then make doom & gloom AKA- fear & hate movies :(

anything to add "on-topic" :eusa_whistle: :eusa_hand:

This thread is about a rw hack movie for eXtreme rw haterz/ODS sufferers which, seems, to be flopping in the cinema.

It is doing as well as you can expect at a conservative attempt at relevant moviemaking

I don't think the movie was produced to make money.

It will reach the audience it was meant for and arouse them to act against the threat now facing this nation.

Until you came along I always wondered how the dinosaurs survived for millions of years with walnut sized brains.

Let's go back to my needing better opponents.

A question even simple enough for one of your ability:

If it were not for Democrat policy, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt, deciding that government had the authority to dabble in the private housing markets.....

The last Repub President's acceptance speech:

George Bush, Nomination Acceptance Address, 2004 Republican National Convention—September 2, 2004
Another priority for a new term is to build an ownership society, because ownership brings security and dignity and independence.

Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all- time high.

Tonight we set a new goal: 7 million more affordable homes in the next 10 years, so more American families will be able to open the door and say, "Welcome to my home."

In an ownership society, more people will own their health plans and have the confidence of owning a piece of their retirement.

remember that Repub rhetoric? :eusa_whistle:

You seem afraid to answer this question.

Shall I answer for you?

The answer is 'no.'

Democrat policy was the provenance.

Democrat obstruction barred any solution.

Democrat dishonesty hides the truth.

So....you're a Democrat, huh?

This thread is about a rw hack movie for eXtreme rw haterz/ODS sufferers which, seems, to be flopping in the cinema.

It is doing as well as you can expect at a conservative attempt at relevant moviemaking

Why'n't you go see it, and come back with a review.....

Might cause an epiphany for you.

I was gonna offer you a rep if you went......but you'd probably rather have Geritol and some prunes, huh?

And,....again....I must demand better opponents!!!!!!

You should realize how badly you are about to get burned when the old timer thanks you for a post.......

Now....observe as I eviscerate you....and the other mental midget.

1. "It was in 2005 that the GSEs—which had been acquiring increasing numbers of subprime and Alt-A loans for many years in order to meet their HUD-imposed affordable housing requirements—accelerated the purchases that led to their 2008 insolvency. If legislation along the lines of the Senate committee's bill had been enacted in that year, many if not all the losses that Fannie and Freddie have suffered, and will suffer in the future, might have been avoided.

Why was there no action in the full Senate? As most Americans know today, it takes 60 votes to cut off debate in the Senate, and the Republicans had only 55. To close debate and proceed to the enactment of the committee-passed bill, the Republicans needed five Democrats to vote with them. But in a 45 member Democratic caucus that included Barack Obama and the current Senate Banking Chairman Christopher Dodd (D., Conn.), these votes could not be found.

... Obama has taken to accusing others of representing "special interests." In an April radio address he stated that his financial regulatory proposals were struggling in the Senate because "the financial industry and its powerful lobby have opposed modest safeguards against the kinds of reckless risks and bad practices that led to this very crisis."
He should know. As a senator, he was the third largest recipient of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, behind only Sens. Chris Dodd and John Kerry.
Wallison: Fannie and Freddie Amnesia - WSJ

2. "Barney Frank (D-MA) Blocked Multiple Attempts At Reforming Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Spanning Back To 1992…Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) Has Been A "Leading Voice For [Financial] Deregulation," Led Efforts To Block Reform Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac, And Was Instrumental In The Collapse Of Bank IndyMac…Way back in 2001 The Bush Administration raised red flags. In 2008, Bush warned the Democratic majority 17 times that there was a looming crisis…
Truth On Target: Obama's Financial Friends: Schumer, Dodd and Barney Frank

And so.....with apologies to Edmund Rostand.....'as I end my refrain...thrust home my sword!'

I do so appreciate you playing the role of foil to my mastery.

The GOP never brought the bill up for a vote for any Democrat to block, as you have stupidly admitted!!!!! Like a knee jerk hack you blame the Dems, but the GOP didn't even have support among themselves which is why they never brought the bill to the floor for a vote, so it is a complete fabrication to claim the GOP had 55 votes!!!! The GOP had been using a "Majority of the majority" rule for bringing a bill to the floor for a vote and if they had 55 GOP votes they would have brought it up for a vote, but there was not a majority of Senate Republicans supporting ANY reform bill to bring it up for a vote. Thus NO bill ever made it to the Senate floor for a vote! All but one never made it out of committee even though the GOP held a two seat majority in the committee. There is no 60 vote rule in committee!!!!

"....Led Efforts To Block Reform Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac…"

Who did?

Democrats.

The fabrication begins when you claim a cerebral cortex.

For those capable of erudition:

Published: September 11, 2003

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10— The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.
Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.
The proposal is the opening act in one of the biggest and most significant lobbying battles of the Congressional session.

Among the groups denouncing the proposal today were the National Association of Home Builders and Congressional Democrats who fear that tighter regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to financing low-income and affordable housing.
''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''
Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed.
New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae - NYTimes.com

What have we learned?

That the Democrats are the provenance of the problem.....and the bar to the solution.

And, that you remain a dope swearing allegiance to the corrupters.

Once again.....no Liberal/Democrat/ Progressive should ever.......ever......be allowed a seat of power in this nation.

What we have learned is you lack the intelligence to differentiate between TALK, and ACTIONS!!!!! While the GOP TALKED reform, they blocked all reform in COMMITTEE which the GOP CONTROLLED. No bill got out of the GOP controlled committees in 2003 or 2004 where the GOP held the majority of seats!!!

Here are all the bills of 2003 and 2004:

H.R.2022 introduced on 7 May 2003 by Rep. Christopher Shays (R-CT,4).
Title: To extend the registration and reporting requirements of the Federal securities laws to certain housing-related Government-sponsored enterprises, and for other purposes.
Latest Major Action: 5/23/2003 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance and Government Sponsored Enterprises.
H.R.2117 introduced 23 May 2003 by Rep. Pete Fortney (D-CA,13).
Title: To amend the Federal National Mortgage Association Charter Act and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation Act to remove certain competitive advantages granted to the housing-related government-sponsored enterprises relative to other secondary mortgage market enterprises, and for other purposes.
Latest Major Action: 5/23/2003 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance and Government Sponsored Enterprises.
H.R.2575 introduced on 24 June 2003 by Rep. Richard H Baker (R-LA,6).
Title: To reform the regulation of certain housing-related Government-sponsored enterprises, and for other purposes.
Latest Major Action: 9/25/2003 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Committee Hearings Held.
H.R.2803 introduced on 21 July 2003 by Rep. Edward R Royce (R-CA,40).
Title: To establish the Office of Housing Finance Oversight in the Department of the Treasury to ensure the financial safety and soundness of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal home loan banks.
Latest Major Action: 8/4/2003 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance and Government Sponsored Enterprises.
H.R.2897 introduced on 25 July 2003 by Rep. Julia Carson (D-IN,7)
Title: To end homelessness in the United States.
Latest Major Action: 8/25/2003 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Housing and Community Opportunity.
S.1508, introduced 31 July 2003 by Sen Chuck Hagel (R-NE).
Title: A bill to address regulation of secondary mortgage market enterprises, and for other purposes.
Latest Major Action: 4/1/2004 Senate committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. Ordered to be reported with an amendment in the nature of a substitute favorably.
S.1656, introduced 23 September 2003 by Sen Jon S. Corzine (D-NJ).
Title: A bill to address regulation of secondary mortgage market enterprises, and for other purposes.
Latest Major Action: 9/25/2003 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.
H.R.3507 introduced 18 November 2003 by Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA,27).
Title: To expand homeownership opportunities in States having high housing costs.
Latest Major Action: 1/2/2004 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance and Government Sponsored Enterprises.

I was gonna offer you a rep if you went......but you'd probably rather have Geritol and some prunes, huh?

I'm waiting for it to come out on VHS

Like most rightwing ideology it is obsolete

"Like most rightwing ideology it is obsolete."

Which one? .....individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

Did you mean 'rightwinger' is obsolete?

Hey....don't be so sensitive about your age.

You know I have great respect for you nonagenarians.

The GOP never brought the bill up for a vote for any Democrat to block, as you have stupidly admitted!!!!! Like a knee jerk hack you blame the Dems, but the GOP didn't even have support among themselves which is why they never brought the bill to the floor for a vote, so it is a complete fabrication to claim the GOP had 55 votes!!!! The GOP had been using a "Majority of the majority" rule for bringing a bill to the floor for a vote and if they had 55 GOP votes they would have brought it up for a vote, but there was not a majority of Senate Republicans supporting ANY reform bill to bring it up for a vote. Thus NO bill ever made it to the Senate floor for a vote! All but one never made it out of committee even though the GOP held a two seat majority in the committee. There is no 60 vote rule in committee!!!!

Who did?

Democrats.

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10— The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.
Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.
The proposal is the opening act in one of the biggest and most significant lobbying battles of the Congressional session.

Among the groups denouncing the proposal today were the National Association of Home Builders and Congressional Democrats who fear that tighter regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to financing low-income and affordable housing.
''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''

What have we learned?

That the Democrats are the provenance of the problem.....and the bar to the solution.

Once again.....no Liberal/Democrat/ Progressive should ever.......ever......be allowed a seat of power in this nation.

What we have learned is you lack the intelligence to differentiate between TALK, and ACTIONS!!!!! While the GOP TALKED reform, they blocked all reform in COMMITTEE which the GOP CONTROLLED. No bill got out of the GOP controlled committees in 2003 or 2004 where the GOP held the majority of seats!!!

Title: To extend the registration and reporting requirements of the Federal securities laws to certain housing-related Government-sponsored enterprises, and for other purposes.
Title: To amend the Federal National Mortgage Association Charter Act and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation Act to remove certain competitive advantages granted to the housing-related government-sponsored enterprises relative to other secondary mortgage market enterprises, and for other purposes.
Title: To reform the regulation of certain housing-related Government-sponsored enterprises, and for other purposes.
Latest Major Action: 9/25/2003 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Committee Hearings Held.
Title: To establish the Office of Housing Finance Oversight in the Department of the Treasury to ensure the financial safety and soundness of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal home loan banks.
Latest Major Action: 8/4/2003 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance and Government Sponsored Enterprises.
Latest Major Action: 8/25/2003 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Housing and Community Opportunity.
Latest Major Action: 4/1/2004 Senate committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. Ordered to be reported with an amendment in the nature of a substitute favorably.
Latest Major Action: 9/25/2003 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.
Title: To expand homeownership opportunities in States having high housing costs.
Latest Major Action: 1/2/2004 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance and Government Sponsored Enterprises.

I said "That the Democrats are the provenance of the problem.....and the bar to the solution."

And your post pertained to that......how?

Who did?

Democrats.

What have we learned?

I said "That the Democrats are the provenance of the problem.....and the bar to the solution."

Ahhhhh, the perpetual dumb act!!!

My post unassailably, as exposed by your dumb act, put the lie to your claim that the powerless Dems were the problem by showing that the GOP blocked every bill in the committees they controlled. Since the GOP held the majority in every committee, and there is no 60 vote threshold, which you falsely claimed was thew reason no bill passed, a simple vote along Party lines would have moved every bill out of committee, but the GOP lacked the votes to get even one bill out of committee.

Get it? Or do I have to explain it more s l o w l y ?????

Last edited:

Ahhhhh, the perpetual dumb act!!!

My post unassailably, as exposed by your dumb act, put the lie to your claim that the powerless Dems were the problem by showing that the GOP blocked every bill in the committees they controlled.

Of course it did no such thing.

They blocked every attempt at resolution.

And more to the point...."I said "That the Democrats are the provenance of the problem.....and the bar to the solution."

And you have tap-danced as though on hot coals.

I suspect you realize your position is built on lies.

Perhaps you'd care to answer what Dot Coma would not, could not:

If Democrat policy, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt, to ignore the Constitution, and involve government in the private market, had not taken place.....

....would there have been a mortgage meltdown?

Or....return to the tap-dancing.

yep :D They refer to it as "straight to video" :(

Which one? .....individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional .

Like claiming that slavery was not that big a deal. Excusing it because "other nations did it"

I thought you guys outgrew that

Which one? .....individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional .

Like claiming that slavery was not that big a deal. Excusing it because "other nations did it"

I thought you guys outgrew that

You are mistaken once again....this is getting to be your hallmark:

Support and maintenance of slavery as an institution was under the purview of the Democrat Party.

1. Republicans passed all of the amendments associated with its demise.

2. Democrats in the Senate blocked every anti-lynching bill to come their way.

3. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” Lester Maddox Dies at 87; Segregationist Ex-Governor Leaves Complicated Legacy | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared

a. Maddox was endorsed by Democrat Jimmy Carter in the above governor’s race. When the race was too close to call, the Democrat state legislature gave it to Maddox.

b. Calloway appealed to the Supreme Court….but the court upheld the legislature’s decision.

c. On that very Supreme Court was former KKK member Justice Hugo Black.

d. Democrat Hugo Black was Democrat FDR’s first appointee, in 1937. This KKK Senator from Alabama wrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said ‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.”
Engage: Conversations in Philosophy: "They all look alike to a person not a Jap"*: The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU

e. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

I certainly hope this helps to jar you back to reality.

BTW....have you read of Bill 'the rapist' Clinton's racist past?

I can provide it.....

Forum List

Back