Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud

Oh, its bad. DeSantis straight up brags about suppressing political speech using the power of the State.

The big issue with Disney was they exercised a lot of political influence in this town,” DeSantis said in an interview with Newsmax. “And they tried to fight us on things like parents’ rights and things that are really important to the people of Florida. We beat them on that. We signed a parents’ rights bill and we’ve expanded protections and we’ve done a lot of stuff to go back and fight woke ideology.”

“Since our skirmish last year, Disney has not been involved in any of those issues,” he added. They have not made a peep. That ultimately is the most important that Disney is not allowed to pervert the system to the detriment of Floridians. So that’s a win for the people of Florida.”
Disney is in the hands of sick perverts who want to groom children

They do much damage through their films

But allowing them to dabble in politics is going too far

Florida is a shithole, it is Yankeeland, southern version. The song "Gator Country" by Molly Hatchet is now nothing more than a fleeting reminder of what Florida used to be. The least affordable state in the country, the highest rate of STD's in the country happens to be in "The Villages", which happens to be in a special use tax district just like Disney. Why has that not been revoked?
THE VILLAGES - Community Development Districts, like those used in The Villages, are one way the state allows large developers to pay for fire protection and other municipal projects and services.

Introduced to central Florida by Walt Disney, CDDs are a form of special district which, under Florida law, can contract for outside services, issue bonds, apply for grants and loans, and collect ad valorem taxes and special assessments. In turn, they manage water and sewer services, collect garbage, maintain roads, and take care of common properties and recreational facilities.

One of 196 community development districts in the state, The Village Center oversees seven self-taxing districts. Each district has a board of five supervisors elected by the property owners and serving four-year, staggered terms. In addition to an annual ad valorem tax, residents currently pay a $105 monthly contractual service fee, which goes into a general fund with about 18 other sources of revenue, such as executive trail fees, room rentals and charges for special programs.

Governor Launches Disney Attack from The Villages​

1684575258214.png
Inside the Bubble
https://www.insidethebubble.net › governor-launches-...

Apr 22, 2022 — You may have heard about Florida Governor Ron DeSantis taking aim at Disney this week, threatening to revoke their special district, ...

Why don't you want Disney to pay their fair share? The only point you are making is that liberals are fucking hypocrites!!!
Disney was paying ALL their share, moron.
Now the residents taxes are going up, as the state will have to provide most of the services Disney did. (Reedy Creek)

I'd like to see Disney relocate out of FL and take the over a billion dollars in tax revenue they generate annually with them

I'd like to see Disney relocate out of FL and take the over a billion dollars in tax revenue they generate annually with them

A 2019 study found Disney dominates the Central Florida tourism industry, according to Oxford Economics, and produced:

• $75.2 billion annual economic impact for Central Florida.
  • 463,000 jobs.
  • $5.8 billion in additional state tax revenue.

And now its Disney's turn. 2,000 jobs by by.

Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud​

PUBLISHED THU, MAY 18 2023 2:15 PM EDTUPDATED 7 MIN AGO

Sarah Whitten
@SARAHWHIT10
WATCH LIVE

KEY POINTS
  • Disney will no longer be moving forward with the construction of its Lake Nona, Florida, employee campus.
  • The company will also no longer be requiring California-based employees to relocate.
  • The announcement comes amid a bitter feud between the company and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis centered in part around the company's special district and development plans.
In this article
Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.

Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.
Roberto Machado Noa | Lightrocket | Getty Images
Disney has abandoned plans to open up a new employee campus in Lake Nona, Florida, amid rising tensions with the state's governor.
Citing "changing business conditions" and the return of CEO Bob Iger, Josh D'Amaro, chairman of Disney's parks, experiences and products division, penned a memo to employees Thursday, announcing that the company will not move forward with construction of the campus and will no longer be asking more than 2,000 California-based employees to relocate to Florida.
It should be pointed out that Disney has lost a lot of money in this fight with DeSantis and that many be the main reason for their withdrawing funds for a new employee campus.

DeSantis sprinkled some mouse poison on Disney World and Mickey is feeling a little ill. It might be wise for Disney to stop being “woke” and just go back to nice clean entertainment for kids and parents. We don’t need or want a transitioning Mickey Mouse to celebrate.

It should be pointed out that Disney has lost a lot of money in this fight with DeSantis and that many be the main reason for their withdrawing funds for a new employee campus.

DeSantis sprinkled some mouse poison on Disney World and Mickey is feeling a little ill. It might be wise for Disney to stop being “woke” and just go back to nice clean entertainment for kids and parents. We don’t need or want a transitioning Mickey Mouse to celebrate.

The decision was made specifically due to the financial situation in Florida caused by DeSantis. There profit losses are due their streaming services (which other companies are having a problem with as well), not because they are "woke".

What southern-climate (warm winter weather) State in the eastern half of the United States would you recommend that they move to for winter operations?

What will be the cost to Disney to dismantle their Florida operation?

What will be the cost to Disney to re-erect their old Florida operation elsewhere?

Disney is already so frightfully overpriced that convincing a shrinking base of customers to come to another State is going to be a very tough sell.

Not to mention that Walt Disney's beloved brand is now siding with LGBTQ (sexual perverts and deviants), rendering the brand toxic to children in many minds.

Good luck with all of that. :itsok:

Last edited:
Laugh all you like. So long as the Reaction against the Woke Agenda remains aggressively effective, your laughter doesn't matter in the slightest.
Lol, I am sure it doesn't to a damn retard ya ain't Brite enough to understand Florida will raise a generation of retards. Business will nit invest there. F a state that attacks your business. No one in their right mind will build infrastructure there. What's the next thing that passes off dear leader and makes him f you up the ass? Lol, hope you love the world you are creating. The rest of us will laugh at your hell hole.

What southern-climate (warm winter weather) State in the eastern half of the United States would you recommend that they move to for winter operations?

What will be the cost to Disney to re-erect their old Florida operation elsewhere?

Disney is already so frightfully overpriced that convincing a shrinking base of customers to come to another State is going to be a very tough sell.

Not to mention that Walt Disney's beloved brand is now siding with sexual perverts and deviants, rendering the brand toxic to children in many minds.

Do you actually think FL is the only state with mild winters?

And you & your Republican Taliban should keep your nose out of other people's private lives along as they're not breaking the law.

This ain't Saudi Arabia, though that's where we're headed thanks to assholes like DeSantis.
And that is exactly why I wouldn't send my children to public schools in CA, moron. What my child is taught IS my business, moron. The reason this country is in the shape it is in is because of democrats trying to groom youngsters to be mentally challenged degenerates.

And that is exactly why I wouldn't send my children to public schools in CA, moron. What my child is taught IS my business, moron. The reason this country is in the shape it is in is because of democrats trying to groom youngsters to be mentally challenged degenerates.
Sure..................It was NEVER an issue until..............Reagan and FOX, came along, then magically, there was an issue.
Religious christian nutjobs Reagan and republicans courted, and still do.

No wonder there is a core of science illiterates among the gop.

Not to mention that Walt Disney's beloved brand is now siding with LGBTQ (sexual perverts and deviants), rendering the brand toxic to children in many minds.

Cheaper for Disney just to buy the Legislature and Governor politicians buy (homonym pun intended) legally funding campaigns and PACs to influence elections.

WW

Forum List

Back