Divided States of America

I have a love-hate relationship with Texas. However, in such a scenario, Texas would have a much stronger economy, so I would be resigned to move there, and in general be okay with the decision. Besides, as much as I may give fundamentalist reactionaries a hard time, they tend to have communities that I would be happier living in.

However, the central point of the OP is that a Divided States of America is NOT what is in our best interest.

Can you defend that statement?

Not flawlessly. However, history suggests that a divided nation is easier to destroy than a divided one. So, if the premise is that an intact U.S. is preferable to a destroyed U.S., then yes, I think I can.

So, are you prepared to abandon your principles and ideology to acquiesce to the will of you political opponents?

Not flawlessly. However, history suggests that a divided nation is easier to destroy than a divided one. So, if the premise is that an intact U.S. is preferable to a destroyed U.S., then yes, I think I can.

So, are you prepared to abandon your principles and ideology to acquiesce to the will of you political opponents?
Precisely why where we are...people acquiescing PRINCIPLE and refusing to fight the Government that isn't their friend.

I have a love-hate relationship with Texas. However, in such a scenario, Texas would have a much stronger economy, so I would be resigned to move there, and in general be okay with the decision. Besides, as much as I may give fundamentalist reactionaries a hard time, they tend to have communities that I would be happier living in.

However, the central point of the OP is that a Divided States of America is NOT what is in our best interest.

Like what Lincoln had to deal with?

This nation has always been divided even as 13 new states. The division probably reflected economic division as well as geographical. The framers of the Constitution were well aware of the divisions and wrote a document trying to account for some of the division. I would suspect that most nations have some divisions and have adjusted, and some have not i.e. the USSR.

I would be a citizen of Ecotopia, the best part of North America.

So go ahead, divide away, fine by me.

And, an inestimable advantage, I could then regard Texans as Undesirable Aliens.
Not a bad idea, but I would go further, my neighborhood has some undesirables and I think my section of the neighborhood, the desirable section, should break away from the city, then from the state and finally from the nation.
I hope you live in Texas.

Why not Georgia? Florida?

A paraphrasing of the words of Francis Bellamy:

I pledge non-allegiance to the flag
Of the Divided States of America
And to the self-defeating conflict for which it stands
Two nations, one claiming to be under God and the other not
Utterly divisible
With eroding liberty and injustice for all

The only question is, what extremist will be the first to post "it's their fault?"

Ready...Set...GO!

There is no ‘fault.’

Remember that those who actively engage in political debate, such as on message boards, blogs, and cable TV constitute a tiny minority of the Nation overall, where the majority of Americans are either apolitical or are not extreme in their politics to the point of manifesting ‘division.’

But the perception is understandable just from reading this message board, for example.

This nation has always been divided even as 13 new states. The division probably reflected economic division as well as geographical. The framers of the Constitution were well aware of the divisions and wrote a document trying to account for some of the division. I would suspect that most nations have some divisions and have adjusted, and some have not i.e. the USSR.
What document did the Founders write regarding the division? I'm curious. Point me to it...

Igor Panarin predicted the breakup of the Soviet Union and its causes. He has predicted the break up of the US into seven parts. He is probably the most correct.

Anything is preferable to liberalism.

I've heard other predictions of the U.S. breaking up into the 5 Regional parts.

The nation is irrevocably divided to the point where it is not possible to coexist. The more peaceful solution would be to sit down and fashion a reasoned divorce. The current option of each side trying to drag the other into compliance isn't working.

I agree. I see a deep divide that is not likely to change anytime soon.
In fact as long as American liberals continue to call for more nanny-state entitlements, I do not care to even try to get along with these people. I do not like liberals, and I do not consider them fellow citizens, although they obviously are.
Rather than wait for blood to eventually be spilled in the streets, there should be no reason why we cannot explore the possibilities of becoming two or even three separate nations.
It's not likely to happen in my lifetime, but I can see the likliehood of a split of some sort eventually happening.

What document did the Founders write regarding the division? I'm curious. Point me to it...

Hey REGENT? Still waiting...:eusa_whistle:

This nation has always been divided even as 13 new states. The division probably reflected economic division as well as geographical. The framers of the Constitution were well aware of the divisions and wrote a document trying to account for some of the division. I would suspect that most nations have some divisions and have adjusted, and some have not i.e. the USSR.[/quote

]What document did the Founders write regarding the division? I'm curious. Point me to it...

We generally use framers as the writers of the Constitution, and founding fathers for the framers and the others. So the document is the Constitution that the framers created that made accommodations for the differences in the 13 colonies.

Forget how to properly USE the quote function there Regent?

And WHAT are you babbling about? I think your point is the Constitution and the Framers don't matter.

DO try to be more careful with the quote function? *I* am NOT going to correct your error.

Your question suggests that you are ready to see the ship go down. I oppose that, and will absolutely not acquiesce in that opposition, so the answer to your question would be "no."

Forget how to properly USE the quote function there Regent?

And WHAT are you babbling about? I think your point is the Constitution and the Framers don't matter.

DO try to be more careful with the quote function? *I* am NOT going to correct your error.

I used the word framers to indicate the Constitution. These are the message boards and posts are not meant to be a thesis. Care to respond to my post or not?

The framers of the Constitution disagreed, fought, but yet cooperated, or there would have been no final draft. We have over 300 million people in this country. That's a lot of room for a lot of diverging sets of principles. Imagine if we all held to our principles and did not budge? We have a big enough problem with a two-party system that cannot even dream of satisfying all of those sets of principles.

So, again, which principles are we talking about, and didn't we have to deal with them before? Do multiple sets of principles make unity impossible? Not entirely. If we are so quick to be divisive, then our destruction is certain. I consider anybody who is ready to embrace that destruction an opponent. End of story.

In the present circumstances there is no point on which compromise is possible.

The nation is irrevocably divided to the point where it is not possible to coexist. The more peaceful solution would be to sit down and fashion a reasoned divorce. The current option of each side trying to drag the other into compliance isn't working.

Oh boy, here we go again. We lost the election and we are just going to take our marbles and go home. What bullshit.

You idiots were not allowed to secede last time, there will be no second seccession. And all your silly present issues will segue into even sillier differant issues to threaton to seccede over in the future.

One Nation, Indivisable.

Igor Panarin predicted the breakup of the Soviet Union and its causes. He has predicted the break up of the US into seven parts. He is probably the most correct.

Anything is preferable to liberalism.

I've heard other predictions of the U.S. breaking up into the 5 Regional parts.

"Predictions" :rolleyes:

If you want "predictions" go see Madam Zola and have your palm read. This is not political science; this is self-indulgence, hysteria, fear, and good old-fashioned lunacy. This kind of nonsense should be on the conspiracy forum - if anywhere.

In the present circumstances there is no point on which compromise is possible.

Fine. Leave. This is my nation, fools like you are not going to be allowed to muck it up.

Ohhh you don't think so do you?

This country is going down into little pieces and there is nothing you can do about it. You will have your nation. It won't be as big as it used to be.

Forum List

Back