Divided States of America

In the present circumstances there is no point on which compromise is possible.

Fine. Leave. This is my nation, fools like you are not going to be allowed to muck it up.

Ohhh you don't think so do you?

He's right on that. YOU have now tied your little ego to this Chicken Little fetish of yours and you CANNOT let it go. You will just keep repeating yourself in utter irrelevancy like some nut on the bus that everyone tries to ignore. Here's a quarter - get lost.

In the present circumstances there is no point on which compromise is possible.

Fine. Leave. This is my nation, fools like you are not going to be allowed to muck it up.

This country is going down into little pieces and there is nothing you can do about it. You will have your nation. It won't be as big as it used to be.

Aren't these "Oh so patriotic Conservatives" a real peice of work? They state that they are the most patriot citizens in this nation, and just cannot wait until it is destroyed. What a bunch of jerks.

It must grind your ass that you can't do anything about it.

Suppose the next president is a republican. He refuses to engage in these witch hunt prosecutions, reinstates don't ask don't tell in the military, stops funding planned parenthood, increases oil production, fires up the closed coal fired energy plants and generally dismantles everything obama did including the repeal of obamacare.

All you democrats are just going along with it? If you're going to keep the counntry together you had better.

This country is going down into little pieces and there is nothing you can do about it. You will have your nation. It won't be as big as it used to be.

Aren't these "Oh so patriotic Conservatives" a real peice of work? They state that they are the most patriot citizens in this nation, and just cannot wait until it is destroyed. What a bunch of jerks.

Patriotism to the country means opposing democrats and especially the presidunce.

Do NOT presume that Katzndopey there represents conservatism. She does not.

Not flawlessly. However, history suggests that a divided nation is easier to destroy than a divided one. So, if the premise is that an intact U.S. is preferable to a destroyed U.S., then yes, I think I can.

So, are you prepared to abandon your principles and ideology to acquiesce to the will of you political opponents?

Your question suggests that you are ready to see the ship go down. I oppose that, and will absolutely not acquiesce in that opposition, so the answer to your question would be "no."

My question does no such thing...

In order to not be divided, something has to give.

My question is, are you willing to abandon your principles and ideology to acquiesce to the will of you political opponents to achieve unity?

So, are you prepared to abandon your principles and ideology to acquiesce to the will of you political opponents?

Your question suggests that you are ready to see the ship go down. I oppose that, and will absolutely not acquiesce in that opposition, so the answer to your question would be "no."

My question is, are you willing to abandon your principles and ideology to acquiesce to the will of you political opponents to achieve unity?

Not much else as to acquiesce their liberty to the political elites.

What person born FREE would do that as millions hunger for what we have?

Boggles the mind.

Millions hunger for police state surveillance?

No.

Millions hunger for prosecutions and investigations if they say the wrong thing or have unapproved opinions?

No.

There is no common ground on any topic?

When your fellow citizens try to talk YOU out of your own freedom, Liberty?

HOW can there be ANY "common ground"? What you speak is insanity, suicide.

No there isn't but even that isn't why the nation will ultimately break apart. The primary reason why the nation will ultimately break up is because neither side will accept governance by the other.

Have you seen any lately?

Even where we agree on the problem, we disagree on the solution.

No there isn't but even that isn't why the nation will ultimately break apart. The primary reason why the nation will ultimately break up is because neither side will accept governance by the other.

Do YOU realize what you wrote?

THAT isn't the point now is it? And it falls directly what the TWO parties want YOU to think. What DO YOU think the Founders meant by self Governance?

What do YOU think Washington meant when he warned us to beware of the 'Parties' in his farewell speech as he left office to retire to private life?

WASHINGTON'S FAREWELL ADDRESS

It's a long read but worth it...he gave us ALL a WARNING...WE are living the warning.

Whether Washington warned of parties or not that is our system and it won't be changed by any of the almost 100 that we have. The two major parties represent diametrically opposed political ideologies with the many many third parties falling somewhere along the lines of the two major parties.

The people no longer accept the decisions of the opposing party. Bush was castigated. obama despised. Whoever comes next will be treated worse than Bush or obama. The strain of contention will increase until there is a break. It is inevitable. No one is going to come along and unite a people who disagree on something so trivial as a rodeo clown.

Whether Washington warned of parties or not that is our system and it won't be changed by any of the almost 100 that we have. The two major parties represent diametrically opposed political ideologies with the many many third parties falling somewhere along the lines of the two major parties.

The people no longer accept the decisions of the opposing party. Bush was castigated. obama despised. Whoever comes next will be treated worse than Bush or obama. The strain of contention will increase until there is a break. It is inevitable. No one is going to come along and unite a people who disagree on something so trivial as a rodeo clown.
In other words? YOU read Washington's words, and agree?

Not flawlessly. However, history suggests that a divided nation is easier to destroy than a divided one. So, if the premise is that an intact U.S. is preferable to a destroyed U.S., then yes, I think I can.

I'm perfectly happy to see this nation split up if it means I can escape from the class of parasites we call "Democrats."

The framers of the Constitution disagreed, fought, but yet cooperated, or there would have been no final draft. We have over 300 million people in this country. That's a lot of room for a lot of diverging sets of principles. Imagine if we all held to our principles and did not budge? We have a big enough problem with a two-party system that cannot even dream of satisfying all of those sets of principles.

So, again, which principles are we talking about, and didn't we have to deal with them before? Do multiple sets of principles make unity impossible? Not entirely. If we are so quick to be divisive, then our destruction is certain. I consider anybody who is ready to embrace that destruction an opponent. End of story.

After the Revolution, all the people who differed with the Founders went to Canada. The land and property of loyalists was confiscated. So saying the Founders had diverging principles is not correct in any way. The Founders agreed on most things, especially when it came to taxation and private property - precisely those issues we are the most divided on now.

I'm perfectly happy to see this nation split up if it means I can escape from the class of parasites we call "Democrats."

the parasites have infested both parties

the reps will give you a lot of lip service

but at the end of the day they go to their smoke filled secret meetings

and assist in twisting the knife in your back

Forum List

Back