Do gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

I couldn't help but notice that there is quite a bit of animosity directed at Christians and I was wondering if maybe it was because Christians as a whole oppose gay marriage.

So... Do gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

nothing that pretend christians not being bigots wouldn't solve
Can you tell me what these pretend Christians do that makes them a bigot? Maybe you could point to a comment that I have made in this thread as an example.

Thank you for re-affirming my previous comment. Are you gay?

And once again- why is that important to you?

Respond to my words- not your preconceptions of who I am attracted to.
Are you ashamed to admit it?

Sigh- look you are being a bit of an ass now and tending towards the typical inane arguments of bigots.

Who I am attracted to is irrelevant to this discussion- only bigots think that they need to know the sexuality of a person to interpret the actual words being used.

I have posted my sexuality dozens of times here at USMB- I am very open about it and you are welcome to satisfy your puerile curiousity by searching through my posts.

If you need to know who I am attracted to in order to read my words- that is your moral problem.
If you were very open about it, then you wouldn't be making a big deal out of it. But I'll move on as I know what your answer is even if you won't come out and say it. It is clear that you are biased against Christians and it is clear why. That's all I needed to know.

LOL...yeah and it is clear you are biased against rational Americans and why.

That you need to know someone's sexual preference in order to communicate with them is all about your issues- not anyone else's.
You sure don't seem very open about your sexuality, if my asking you about it caused this kind of a response.

What that means is that you are unable to read and comprehend the English language. I plainly stated that anyone can repent and receive redemption.[/QU

Simple Idiot. Once a person repents and receives redemption for past transgressions, he/she are no longer homosexuals.

So again- why did you claim homosexuals cannot be Christians?

How does someone stop being a homosexual because he repents? Does an adulterer stop being a heterosexual if he repents for adultery?

Your lack of comprehension is alarming. The adulterer is no longer an adulterer once he has been forgiven for past acts of adultery and no longer engages in the act of adultery anymore. The same would apply to you homosexuals. I realize this is third grade level stuff but I can't make it any easier.

Your lack of comprehension is alarming. The adulterer is no longer an adulterer once he has been forgiven for past acts of adultery and no longer engages in the act of adultery anymore. The same would apply to you homosexuals. I realize this is third grade level stuff but I can't make it any easier.

"Homosexual" and "Heterosexual" are terms of sexual orientation- nothing more and nothing less.

A homosexual does not stop being attracted to the same gender even if he has repented, any more than a heterosexual stops being attracted to the opposite gender when he repents his fornication.

I don't know how I can make that any easier for you.

An adulterer is someone who has committed adultery- someone who has commited an act- heterosexual and homosexual is an orientation- and is not dependent on any action.
What part of he has already backed off of that position did you not understand?

Christians are simply following the Bible's teachings. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord.

Nope. The Bible says that sex between men is an abomination. Doesn't say a thing about homosexuality. Doesnt' say a thing about women having sex with women.

I suggest you spend some time reading the Book of Romans. Women do not get off free as you suppose.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

So God punished people by having their women give up their 'natural use'

Where does God say that women have sex with each other is an abomination.

And is it as bad as those who disobey their parents or boast?

Question: Is Donald Trump an abomination to God?

Well, it states the obvious right there in Romans 1:32 that those who do the things listed in the preceding Scriptures are worthy of death so I read those things stated within those verses as being something God doesn't really like.

Ah- so this is just your interpretation.

And the New Testament doesn't actually say anywhere that two women having sex together is an abomination.

Back to my question: Is Donald Trump an abomination to God?

Trump of course has been married three times. As Jesus pointed out,

Mark 10
10 In the house His disciples also asked Him again about the same matter.
11 So He said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her.
12 "And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery."

Luke 16
18 "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced from her husband commits adultery.

So Trump commits adultery everytime he has sex with his current wife- according to the Bible Trump is as guilty of sin as any sexually active homosexual.

Well, then be so kind as to offer your own interpretation of the verse then.

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Looks pretty easy to interpret to me but do go ahead and offer your own.

Did I not state that King David committed adultery? Yes, I did. Yes Donald Trump is committing adultery. Many churches, including my own church, do not allow men to become deacons if they have divorced and presently have a living spouse. Now, exactly what have you proven? I will await your interpretation of the verse.

Nope. The Bible says that sex between men is an abomination. Doesn't say a thing about homosexuality. Doesnt' say a thing about women having sex with women.

I suggest you spend some time reading the Book of Romans. Women do not get off free as you suppose.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Well, it states the obvious right there in Romans 1:32 that those who do the things listed in the preceding Scriptures are worthy of death so I read those things stated within those verses as being something God doesn't really like.
She doesn't care about the verse and she doesn't care about scripture. She only cares about grinding her ax.
Ah- so this is just your interpretation.

And the New Testament doesn't actually say anywhere that two women having sex together is an abomination.

Back to my question: Is Donald Trump an abomination to God?

Trump of course has been married three times. As Jesus pointed out,

Mark 10
10 In the house His disciples also asked Him again about the same matter.
11 So He said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her.
12 "And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery."

Luke 16
18 "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced from her husband commits adultery.

So Trump commits adultery everytime he has sex with his current wife- according to the Bible Trump is as guilty of sin as any sexually active homosexual.

Well, then be so kind as to offer your own interpretation of the verse then.

Looks pretty easy to interpret to me but do go ahead and offer your own.

Did I not state that King David committed adultery? Yes, I did. Yes Donald Trump is committing adultery. Many churches, including my own church, do not allow men to become deacons if they have divorced and presently have a living spouse. Now, exactly what have you proven? I will await your interpretation of the verse.

She doesn't care about the verse and she doesn't care about scripture. She only cares about grinding her ax.

I'll make a thread devoted to that subject. This isn't the topic of the OP.
And yet you have stated, in this thread, that America was founded on Christian values. In this thread. I ask again......such as?
Sure as a passing comment. It seems that you'd like to have an in depth discussion. It would be more appropriate to have that discussion in a thread that was dedicated to it, don't you think?
Link to that thread you have started on that topic.
I'll send you a note when I do. If you can't wait, you can always start a thread explaining how our nation was not founded on Christian values. How's that?
Oh...I said that "our nation was not founded on Christian values"? Where did I say that? I'm simply asking YOU what are those Christian values you claim our country was founded on. I'm sorry to hear they are so hard to simply list. Do you know why that might be?

Christians are simply following the Bible's teachings. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord.

Is Paul God?

No. Paul was the apostle to the gentiles. He was of the Tribe of Benjamin.

Sigh- look you are being a bit of an ass now and tending towards the typical inane arguments of bigots.

Who I am attracted to is irrelevant to this discussion- only bigots think that they need to know the sexuality of a person to interpret the actual words being used.

I have posted my sexuality dozens of times here at USMB- I am very open about it and you are welcome to satisfy your puerile curiousity by searching through my posts.

If you need to know who I am attracted to in order to read my words- that is your moral problem.
If you were very open about it, then you wouldn't be making a big deal out of it. But I'll move on as I know what your answer is even if you won't come out and say it. It is clear that you are biased against Christians and it is clear why. That's all I needed to know.

That you need to know someone's sexual preference in order to communicate with them is all about your issues- not anyone else's.
You sure don't seem very open about your sexuality, if my asking you about it caused this kind of a response.

I'll make a thread devoted to that subject. This isn't the topic of the OP.
And yet you have stated, in this thread, that America was founded on Christian values. In this thread. I ask again......such as?
Sure as a passing comment. It seems that you'd like to have an in depth discussion. It would be more appropriate to have that discussion in a thread that was dedicated to it, don't you think?
Link to that thread you have started on that topic.
I'll send you a note when I do. If you can't wait, you can always start a thread explaining how our nation was not founded on Christian values. How's that?
Oh...I said that "our nation was not founded on Christian values"? Where did I say that? I'm simply asking YOU what are those Christian values you claim our country was founded on. I'm sorry to hear they are so hard to simply list. Do you know why that might be?
I see. Was I wrong about your beliefs? Do you believe that our nation was founded on the Christian values of morality and virtue?

[

Wait- you don't allow them to become deacons- they are still members of the church- even though they are committing adultery- are they Christians?

Do you agree then that a divorced man who remarries is just as much of an 'abomination' as a homosexual who continues to have sex?

You already said that. No offense, but if I was gay, I wouldn't be ashamed to say it out loud and I sure wouldn't get offended if someone asked me. Good Lord, maybe you should have stayed in the closet if you were going to be this hypersensitive about it.

What that means is that you are unable to read and comprehend the English language. I plainly stated that anyone can repent and receive redemption.[/QU

Simple Idiot. Once a person repents and receives redemption for past transgressions, he/she are no longer homosexuals.

So again- why did you claim homosexuals cannot be Christians?

How does someone stop being a homosexual because he repents? Does an adulterer stop being a heterosexual if he repents for adultery?

"Homosexual" and "Heterosexual" are terms of sexual orientation- nothing more and nothing less.

A homosexual does not stop being attracted to the same gender even if he has repented, any more than a heterosexual stops being attracted to the opposite gender when he repents his fornication.

An adulterer is someone who has committed adultery- someone who has commited an act- heterosexual and homosexual is an orientation- and is not dependent on any action.

Well, sin is sin. God cannot abide sin. Sin can be repented of and can be forgiven. Most who argue your way know they are in sin but wish to continue living in that sin and do not wish to repent and change their lifestyle. Many homosexuals are atheists simply because they close their eyes and deny God in order to continue in their sinful lifestyle.

I'm curious. Are you gay?

Well, sin is sin. God cannot abide sin. Sin can be repented of and can be forgiven. Most who argue your way know they are in sin but wish to continue living in that sin and do not wish to repent and change their lifestyle. Many homosexuals are atheists simply because they close their eyes and deny God in order to continue in their sinful lifestyle.
Many heterosexuals are atheists too. That IS allowed, you know.

[

Wait- you don't allow them to become deacons- they are still members of the church- even though they are committing adultery- are they Christians?

Do you agree then that a divorced man who remarries is just as much of an 'abomination' as a homosexual who continues to have sex?
It depends if the homosexual is a man or a woman. Just kidding. Don't blow a fuse. No pun intended.

I'm curious. Are you gay?
No. I love the scent of a woman.

[

Personally, being myself married to my childhood sweetheart for fifty-three years, I believe both the divorced man who has a still living former spouse and the homosexual who continues to engage in homosexual activity are living in sin.

I couldn't help but notice that there is quite a bit of animosity directed at Christians and I was wondering if maybe it was because Christians as a whole oppose gay marriage.

So... Do gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

nothing that pretend christians not being bigots wouldn't solve

What's a pretend Christian? Why would someone pretend that? Just because you used to be a pretender, until you gave yourself away, doesn't mean everyone is. You are bigoted against Christians though. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Is Paul God?

No. Paul was the apostle to the gentiles. He was of the Tribe of Benjamin.
Exactly...he wasn't God...ergo, his letters were not God's word....they were just some guy's letters.

Many heterosexuals are atheists too. That IS allowed, you know.
No..... Just kidding. Yeah, I know. It seems that the more liberal they are the more militant they are.

Forum List

Back