Do gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

There are a lot of churches who call themselves Christian churches who are not actually Christian according to the Bible.

I absolutely agree.

I bet we would disagree on what those churches are.

The wonderful thing about Christianity is that all of you think that you are the true Christians and all of those other 'Christians' are wrong.

Probably. Those that follow Biblical teachings recognize that homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord as are a lot of other things.

Like eating shellfish and cutting your beard.

You really are Biblically illiterate, aren't you? You really should know a little about your subject before engaging in a discussion.

No- I am quite Biblically literate which is why I am amused discussing things with faux Christians like you.

Apparently not, based upon your own posts.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are more likely to be atheist than anyone else in the general population, a new survey has found. Nearly half of all LGBT adults surveyed said they were atheist, compared to 20% of the general population.

LGBT people more likely to be atheist than straights
Half of LGBT identify as Christians

REPORT: Half of LGB Americans Identify As Christian

The United States identifies itself as being a Christian nation. That however, does not mean that everyone in the United States are Christian. Any person can call himself anything he wishes but that does not mean he is what he claims to be.
We do not identify ourselves as a Christian nation. What official document do you claim to get that from?

I absolutely agree.

The wonderful thing about Christianity is that all of you think that you are the true Christians and all of those other 'Christians' are wrong.
No. We all rationalize that we are not broken. We rely on militant atheist - who are perfect - to remind us of it.

Oh like the militant Christians pretend to have perfect knowledge of Jesus and the Bible- and believe that everyone else is wrong.

Well actually, there is absolutely nothing to prevent you from reading the Bible for yourself.

Oh I have many times.

Which is why I enjoy this so much.
If you are enjoying this so much, then I'm not sure the message form the Bible sunk in very deep.

There is much wisdom to be found in the Bible- and I have enjoyed reading it many times. I take the profound wisdoms that I do see, and try to incorporate them in my life- but I am no Christian.

There are a lot of churches who call themselves Christian churches who are not actually Christian according to the Bible.

I absolutely agree.

Probably. Those that follow Biblical teachings recognize that homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord as are a lot of other things.

You really are Biblically illiterate, aren't you? You really should know a little about your subject before engaging in a discussion.

No- I am quite Biblically literate which is why I am amused discussing things with faux Christians like you.
Thank you for re-affirming my previous comment. Are you gay?

I absolutely agree.

Well that just shows your own ignorance.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are more likely to be atheist than anyone else in the general population, a new survey has found. Nearly half of all LGBT adults surveyed said they were atheist, compared to 20% of the general population.

The United States identifies itself as being a Christian nation. That however, does not mean that everyone in the United States are Christian. Any person can call himself anything he wishes but that does not mean he is what he claims to be.
We do not identify ourselves as a Christian nation. What official document do you claim to get that from?
It's not important. We were probably founded on atheist values, lol.

I absolutely agree.

And once again- why is that important to you?

Respond to my words- not your preconceptions of who I am attracted to.

No. We all rationalize that we are not broken. We rely on militant atheist - who are perfect - to remind us of it.

Oh like the militant Christians pretend to have perfect knowledge of Jesus and the Bible- and believe that everyone else is wrong.

Well actually, there is absolutely nothing to prevent you from reading the Bible for yourself.

Oh I have many times.

If you are enjoying this so much, then I'm not sure the message form the Bible sunk in very deep.

There is much wisdom to be found in the Bible- and I have enjoyed reading it many times. I take the profound wisdoms that I do see, and try to incorporate them in my life- but I am no Christian.
So which part proclaimed acting superior to your fellow man?

And once again- why is that important to you?

Respond to my words- not your preconceptions of who I am attracted to.
Are you ashamed to admit it?

I guess then none of us are Christians because we all sin, right? You have sinned before, right?

I continue to sin. I am constantly at war with my flesh. Perhaps a little more Biblical study so you might grasp what is taking place?

Then by your own logic, you can't be a Christian, right?

No. Were you to actually take the time to read your Bible and get up to snuff on what it actually teaches you would not continually amuse me with your dumb questions.
Well, explain it to me then in simple terms that a 6 year old can understand, ok? Because I am struggling to understand how a person can be a sin. Let's take a murder, Ok. The worst sin of all. Is a murderer a sin?

I thought I made it clear. NO!! There are only men and women. Murder is a sin. Being a man or a woman is not a sin. Is that simple enough?

So being a homosexual is not a sin. And there is nothing in the Bible that says a homosexual cannot be a Christian- anymore than you lusting after a woman means you cannot be a Christian.

Oh I have many times.

Oh that wisdom l learned from self proclaimed Christians.

I couldn't help but notice that there is quite a bit of animosity directed at Christians and I was wondering if maybe it was because Christians as a whole oppose gay marriage.

So... Do gay people have an ax to grind with Christians?

On a slightly more serious note.

Do you realize the double standard here?

Christians persecuted homosexuals for centuries. Even today, many Christians churches condemn homosexuality.

The animosity started with the Christians towards the gays. Now that gays are not in the closet and not so easily persecuted, some Christians feel persecuted because some gay Americans act towards Christians as Christians have acted towards gays for decades.

It is rather ironic.

Christians are simply following the Bible's teachings. The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord.

Nope. The Bible says that sex between men is an abomination. Doesn't say a thing about homosexuality. Doesnt' say a thing about women having sex with women.

I suggest you spend some time reading the Book of Romans. Women do not get off free as you suppose.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
A guy's letters....big whoop.

I at least can provide Scripture to back up my position.

Ding, let us look at King David. David was a man after God's own heart. David committed adultery and arraigned for the death in battle of Bathsheba's husband. God punished David by allowing the death of David and Bathsheba's son. He also forbid David's building of the Temple.

David prayed unceasingly and fasted. God forgave David but He still extracted punishment for David's sins.

The practicing homosexual is guilty of past homosexual acts. While he is unsaved, he may think about committing homosexual acts without charge. Once he confesses his past sins and receives forgiveness for those past sins and is saved, then he cannot even think about committing a homosexual act without penalty.

So homosexuals are no different in that manner than any other person- if they commit adultery- or even have sexual thought about another person they are sinners.

Now why do you think that means homosexuals can't be Christians but everyone else can be?

The United States identifies itself as being a Christian nation.

No we don't.

Not one word about Jesus in the Constitution.
America was founded on Christian values.
Such as?

Oh I have many times.

Wow... did you really just make a two wrongs makes a right argument? Sounds like you have an ax to grind with Christians.

Ding, let us look at King David. David was a man after God's own heart. David committed adultery and arraigned for the death in battle of Bathsheba's husband. God punished David by allowing the death of David and Bathsheba's son. He also forbid David's building of the Temple.

David prayed unceasingly and fasted. God forgave David but He still extracted punishment for David's sins.

The practicing homosexual is guilty of past homosexual acts. While he is unsaved, he may think about committing homosexual acts without charge. Once he confesses his past sins and receives forgiveness for those past sins and is saved, then he cannot even think about committing a homosexual act without penalty.

So homosexuals are no different in that manner than any other person- if they commit adultery- or even have sexual thought about another person they are sinners.

Now why do you think that means homosexuals can't be Christians but everyone else can be?

What that means is that you are unable to read and comprehend the English language. I plainly stated that anyone can repent and receive redemption.

I at least can provide Scripture to back up my position.

Really? You have yet to provide a single quote from Jesus condemning homosexuality- but Jesus condemned adultery and divorce.

You cite a passage where God punishes men by making them commit homosexual acts- and women 'unnatural acts' but you can't provide a single citation saying women should not have sex with each other- unlike the say- the 10 Commandments, unlike the sin of adultery or the sin of divorce and remarriage.

All you have been able to show so far is your hypocrisy. Unless you believe anyone who ever even thinks about sinning is not a Christian, then your claim that homosexuals cannot be Christians is pure hypocrisy.

The United States identifies itself as being a Christian nation.

No we don't.

Not one word about Jesus in the Constitution.
America was founded on Christian values.
Such as?
I'll make a thread devoted to that subject. This isn't the topic of the OP.

Oh I have many times.

Wow... did you really just make a two wrongs makes a right argument? Sounds like you have an ax to grind with Christians.

Nope- I don't claim to be perfect- nor do I claim to be a Christian.

Forum List

Back