Do liberals want a parasite tax? It would seem consistent:

who says they are getting equal government? The top 1% get far more gov protection/services.

really, the top 1% depend on food clothing housing education health care to survive daily as do the poor????????????? See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance??

Then why live here if its so bad? Top 1% can go anywhere they want .

I tire of this bullshit righty mantra that the super wealthy have it so bad .

They have all the power to influence our pols . And change our laws . And they do .

Show me a real life example of some rich dude getting hosed on taxes. The system is made for them!

Even your Masters, The Liberal Elite, know the value of the wealthy; their brethren.

Communist countries felt every able bodied person should be out working hard to build the communist paradise or to at least contribute to society. To discourage parasites they often had a so called "parasite tax". If someone got a job in a certain time frame the tax would often be refunded as an incentive.
In our society the top 1% for example pay 44% of all income tax and often supply millions of jobs and great innovative products while the bottom 1% pay no taxes and create no jobs or products. It seems that liberals might want a parasite tax on these people to encourage them to pay their fair share??

Liberals want any tax they can get. In Maryland, at one time, a failed LIberal Governor tried to tax the rain.
one time they tried a luxury tax on yachts. The rich refused to buy. The govt collected little tax. The middle class who worked in the industry lost their jobs. Liberals had to repeal the tax.

"We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."

-- Thomas Paine

Jesus told the chief priests, “I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.”

Top 1% earn 90% of the income . Shouldn't they pay 90% of income tax? They are getting away with measly 44%! Thieves !

they don't pay more in a supermarket so why should they pay more for govt????

top1% earn 20% of income not 90%. Feel stupid and liberal???

Top 10% earn like 1/2 the income .

And fed income taxes aren't the only taxes people pay .

And the top 10% pay 60% of the fucking taxes you dimwit. Get a job loser stop mooching off me.

Mooching off you!?

I earn a paycheck, own a home , and commute to work . Guys like me get taxed more than anyone !

Top 1% earn 90% of the income . Shouldn't they pay 90% of income tax? They are getting away with measly 44%! Thieves !

And the top 10% pay 60% of the fucking taxes you dimwit. Get a job loser stop mooching off me.

Not true .

Communist countries felt every able bodied person should be out working hard to build the communist paradise or to at least contribute to society. To discourage parasites they often had a so called "parasite tax". If someone got a job in a certain time frame the tax would often be refunded as an incentive.
In our society the top 1% for example pay 44% of all income tax and often supply millions of jobs and great innovative products while the bottom 1% pay no taxes and create no jobs or products. It seems that liberals mthey've been hurt by GOP pander to the rich for 35 years. Opportunities have been slashed to cut taxes on the rich, dupe.

At the heart of the debate over "the 47 percent" is an awful abuse of tax data.

This entire conversation is the result of a (largely successful) effort to redefine the debate over taxes from "how much in taxes do you pay" to "how much in federal income taxes do you pay?" This is good framing if you want to cut taxes on the rich. It's bad framing if you want to have even a basic understanding of who pays how much in taxes.

There's a reason some would prefer that more limited conversation. For most Americans, payroll and state and local taxes make up the majority of their tax bill. The federal income tax, by contrast, is our most progressive tax -- it's the tax we've designed to place the heaviest burden on the rich while bypassing the poor. And we've done that, again, because the working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

But most people don't know very much about the tax code. And the federal income tax is still our most famous tax. So when they hear that half of Americans aren't paying federal income taxes, they're outraged -- even if they're among the folks who have a net negative tax burden! After all, they know they're paying taxes, and there's no reason for normal human beings to assume that the taxes getting taken out of their paycheck every week and some of the taxes they pay at the end of the year aren't classified as "federal income taxes."

Confining the discussion to the federal income tax plays another role, too: It makes the tax code look much more progressive than it actually is.

Take someone who makes $4 million dollars a year and someone who makes $40,000 a year. The person making $4 million dollars, assuming he's not doing some Romney-esque planning, is paying a 35 percent tax on most of that money. The person making $40,000 is probably paying no income tax at all. So that makes the system look really unfair to the rich guy.

That's the basic analysis of the 47 percent line. And it's a basic analysis that serves a purpose: It makes further tax cuts for the rich sound more reasonable.

But what if we did the same thing for the payroll tax? Remember, the payroll tax only applies to first $110,100 or so, our rich friends is only paying payroll taxes on 2.7 percent of his income. The guy making $40,000? He's paying payroll taxes on every dollar of his income. Now who's not getting a fair shake?

Which is why, if you want to understand who's paying what in taxes, you don't want to just look at federal income taxes, or federal payroll taxes, or state sales taxes -- you want to look at total taxes. And, luckily, the tax analysis group Citizens for Tax Justice keeps those numbers. So here is total taxes -- which includes corporate taxes, income taxes, payroll taxes, state sales taxes, and more -- paid by different income groups and broken into federal and state and local burdens:

state-local-federal-taxes-income.jpg

As you can see, the poorer you are, the more state and local taxes bite into your income. As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest.

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-data/&usg=AFQjCNE_8LZl_VB-o4FAbNsJrxLxLCPy8gight want a parasite tax on these people to encourage them to pay their fair share??
Total BS, dupe.
they've been hurt by GOP pander to the rich for 35 years. Opportunities have been slashed to cut taxes on the rich, dupe.

At the heart of the debate over "the 47 percent" is an awful abuse of tax data.

This entire conversation is the result of a (largely successful) effort to redefine the debate over taxes from "how much in taxes do you pay" to "how much in federal income taxes do you pay?" This is good framing if you want to cut taxes on the rich. It's bad framing if you want to have even a basic understanding of who pays how much in taxes.

There's a reason some would prefer that more limited conversation. For most Americans, payroll and state and local taxes make up the majority of their tax bill. The federal income tax, by contrast, is our most progressive tax -- it's the tax we've designed to place the heaviest burden on the rich while bypassing the poor. And we've done that, again, because the working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

But most people don't know very much about the tax code. And the federal income tax is still our most famous tax. So when they hear that half of Americans aren't paying federal income taxes, they're outraged -- even if they're among the folks who have a net negative tax burden! After all, they know they're paying taxes, and there's no reason for normal human beings to assume that the taxes getting taken out of their paycheck every week and some of the taxes they pay at the end of the year aren't classified as "federal income taxes."

Confining the discussion to the federal income tax plays another role, too: It makes the tax code look much more progressive than it actually is.

Take someone who makes $4 million dollars a year and someone who makes $40,000 a year. The person making $4 million dollars, assuming he's not doing some Romney-esque planning, is paying a 35 percent tax on most of that money. The person making $40,000 is probably paying no income tax at all. So that makes the system look really unfair to the rich guy.

That's the basic analysis of the 47 percent line. And it's a basic analysis that serves a purpose: It makes further tax cuts for the rich sound more reasonable.

But what if we did the same thing for the payroll tax? Remember, the payroll tax only applies to first $110,100 or so, our rich friends is only paying payroll taxes on 2.7 percent of his income. The guy making $40,000? He's paying payroll taxes on every dollar of his income. Now who's not getting a fair shake?

Which is why, if you want to understand who's paying what in taxes, you don't want to just look at federal income taxes, or federal payroll taxes, or state sales taxes -- you want to look at total taxes. And, luckily, the tax analysis group Citizens for Tax Justice keeps those numbers. So here is total taxes -- which includes corporate taxes, income taxes, payroll taxes, state sales taxes, and more -- paid by different income groups and broken into federal and state and local burdens:

state-local-federal-taxes-income.jpg

As you can see, the poorer you are, the more state and local taxes bite into your income. As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest.

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-data/&usg=AFQjCNE_8LZl_VB-o4FAbNsJrxLxLCPy8g

working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

Refresh our memory why people in blue states and cities pay a higher taxes in state and local?

Uhm could it be, just possibly they vote against their wallets by voting democrat dupe?

Cause they live in winner states with higher wages and quality of life ?

Translation the middle class needs higher wages to live like a poor person in the redstates ....

In our society the top 1% for example pay 44% of all income tax and often supply millions of jobs and great innovative products while the bottom 1% pay no taxes and create no jobs or products. It seems that liberals might want a parasite tax on these people to encourage them to pay their fair share??

This is the reason Liberalism fails in a decidedly Capitalist Economy. Timmy, where is the incentive?

Everyone has incentive to do better .

Provide some empirical validated data vs. what lies between your ears.

Mooching off you!?

I earn a paycheck, own a home , and commute to work . Guys like me get taxed more than anyone !

I have to pay for all your goddamn liberal BS, so its either you mooching off me or your loser pals in the Dem party.

Not true .

Dummy, it was right there in Franco's chart. OH SNAP! Take you peak brain and vanish from my sight.

Mooching off you!?

I have to pay for all your goddamn liberal BS, so its either you mooching off me or your loser pals in the Dem party.

Aren't you righties against the Obamacare mandate , which is literally a moocher tax?

Mooching off you!?

Aren't you righties against the Obamacare mandate , which is literally a moocher tax?

Are you dumb? The mandate steals money from people with a job and redistributes it to mooching losers.

Not true .

Dummy, it was right there in Franco's chart. OH SNAP! Take you peak brain and vanish from my sight.

There are all kinds of fees and taxes not accounted for in the graph . Which add up to a buffers share of a lower incomes nut.

And I noticed state/local drop as income rises .

so you want the parasite tax???

Oh brother . Whenever righties come up with tax ideas it's just a shell game to fuck over the poor and working class .

Ok that's a strawman. Most "righties" want a low flat tax. Why? To help themselves, not rich. They want to pay lower taxes and they want their bosses to give them more money, and hire more employees to take some work off their back. They don't give a fuck about the rich. Why should they, if the rich got there by creating a service or product to better people's lives at a price they're willing to pay, who cares? As long as they played by the same rules as everyone else, and didn't gain any unfair advantage from the government. That's what the right cares about, we want competition, we want the best products and services at the lowest prices. Not government sanctioned business oligarchies like we have now.

If you're worried about politicians getting rich off of doing their donors biddings, look at what the Dems are doing. Look at who the richest senators are now. If you think politicians serving the rich is limited to one party you are naive.

Mooching off you!?

Are you dumb? The mandate steals money from people with a job and redistributes it to mooching losers.

No, the mooches get treated when the get sick even after refusing to get insurance .

Not true .

There are all kinds of fees and taxes not accounted for in the graph . Which add up to a buffers share of a lower incomes nut.

And I noticed state/local drop as income rises .

I hide out in states with no state income tax, so that you moochers can't get your greedy paws on my income. I still get hit with your damn fees, tolls, and other BS but thank Christ you can't get your vampire fangs into my pay check.

Oh brother . Whenever righties come up with tax ideas it's just a shell game to fuck over the poor and working class .

Ok that's a strawman. Most "righties" want a low flat tax. Why? To help themselves, not rich. They want to pay lower taxes and they want their bosses to give them more money, and hire more employees to take some work off their back. They don't give a fuck about the rich. Why should they, if the rich got there by creating a service or product to better people's lives at a price they're willing to pay, who cares? As long as they played by the same rules as everyone else, and didn't gain any unfair advantage from the government. That's what the right cares about, we want competition, we want the best products and services at the lowest prices. Not government sanctioned business oligarchies like we have now.

If you're worried about politicians getting rich off of doing their donors biddings, look at what the Dems are doing. Look at who the richest senators are now. If you think politicians serving the rich is limited to one party you are naive.

no idea what subject you are on . Do you know??

Mooching off you!?

No, the mooches get treated when the get sick even after refusing to get insurance .

Right the mooching drug addict alcohol slurping gambling lazy fat ass sponge losers get their free handouts, paid for by those of us who work for a living and don't piss our life away.

Flat tax is a shell game . And it wouldn't cover the budget .

And it's naive to think is simple to gauge everyone's "income ". It's easy if someone works an hourly wage . But let's say someone is self employed . What's their "income ".

Never mind someone like Trump. Who has income And businesses all over the place .

Mooching off you!?

Right the mooching drug addict alcohol slurping gambling lazy fat ass sponge losers get their free handouts, paid for by those of us who work for a living and don't piss our life away.

Why not you live their life then? Since its wonderful!

no idea what subject you are on . Do you know??

Yea I have a pretty good idea. I'll leave you to flounder on your own if you want

Forum List

Back