Do majority of Republicans think Theory of Evolution is a fact ?

Who on earth thinks theories are facts?

And regardless when is evolution going to be a public policy issue?

You just don't know what means theory in the science, right ?

look at here:

Theory, Sense 1: A scheme or system of ideas or statements held as an explanation or account of a group of facts or phenomena; a hypothesis that has been confirmed or established by observation or experiment, and is propounded or accepted as accounting for the known facts; a statement of what are held to be the general laws, principles, or causes of something known or observed.

Theory, Sense 2: A hypothesis proposed as an explanation; hence, a mere hypothesis, speculation, conjecture; an idea or set of ideas about something; an individual view or notion.

The party line among scientists arguing for evolution is to promote Sense 1.

You guys are really funny, it is not law of evolution because: a law explains us what will happen under certain circumstances, while a theory explains "how" it happens.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
I wonder about that question, especially does Donald Trump think evolution is a fact ?

A few days ago I've read that article and I thought it has exaggerated opinions about Republicans but sometimes I agree with that. You can look that article here:

Republicans

Have you actually read this article, it’s way more than an exaggeration....let’s just say this is the equivalent to someone saying “all Muslims are terrorists, who honor kill their daughters, and all rape boys...” this article is that ridiculous. Why do you read this garbage? This might as well be hitler youth propaganda on why the Jews are bad.

look at here:

Theory, Sense 1: A scheme or system of ideas or statements held as an explanation or account of a group of facts or phenomena; a hypothesis that has been confirmed or established by observation or experiment, and is propounded or accepted as accounting for the known facts; a statement of what are held to be the general laws, principles, or causes of something known or observed.

Theory, Sense 2: A hypothesis proposed as an explanation; hence, a mere hypothesis, speculation, conjecture; an idea or set of ideas about something; an individual view or notion.

You guys are really funny, it is not law of evolution because: a law explains us what will happen under certain circumstances, while a theory explains "how" it happens.

I hope that helps.

Helps what? That you are a retard and don't know what a theory is..

Go ahead and prove evolution is a "fact"

I will wait ....

I am no republican nor democrat. I vote on the person however I am hesitant to vote as I know most all American politicians at higher levels are not good solid Christian people. That I am assured of. Big money rules the so called so called so called great system. That being said I believe the biblical version as things are created with a plan not send. Believe what you want my Christian faith tells me different. Then again alabaman Christians have a different bible then mine. Both parties are abject scum.....my faith tells me so.
Career politicians are the lowest of life forms… Fact

The fact that we are still calling it the THEORY of Evolution rather than the LAW of Evolution suggests it cannot be proven withoit doubt.
True, People that believe in the big bang theory also believe that a tornado can go through an airplane junkyard and make a 747.

look at here:

I hope that helps.

It's not going to help. They don't know what a scientific theory is, they can't wrap their minds around the simple concept that words have multiple definitions, let alone understanding the theory of evolution. If they did they wouldn't be mic dropping after pointing out that apes exist today.

I wonder about that question, especially does Donald Trump think evolution is a fact ?

A few days ago I've read that article and I thought it has exaggerated opinions about Republicans but sometimes I agree with that. You can look that article here:

Republicans
My dad told me last night he doesn't believe. Prove it he says. Were they there?

And finally "there must be a creator. How else?"

Then mix in wishful thinking

Republicans

I believe in the idea of evolution. Just like all science, anytime you think you have all of the answers, you find out that you don’t. There are likely to be a lot more things to learn about evolution.
Merely one piece of evidence, there are apes

What???
Well, if we evolved from apes there shouldn’t be apes today!

Wrong. You don't know what theory says. We are apes, along with gorillas, chimpanzees, and orangutangs. We have a common ancestor. We didn't evolve from chimpanzees.

The fact that we are still calling it the THEORY of Evolution rather than the LAW of Evolution suggests it cannot be proven withoit doubt.
Sure, just like the presence of a god or deity.

No one knows for sure, nor can they.

Do we know for certain that Zues doesn't exist? Do we know for certain that huitzilopochtli doesn't exist?

We are as certain as we can be certain about anything.

The biggest problem here is that the Theory of Evolution can't be proven without doubt, but the theory of the Bible can't be proven with a single fact.

That's the difference.

Do you believe 99% certainty or 0% certainty?

The right wing view often seems to be, either 100% or nothing.

Do we know for certain that Zues doesn't exist? Do we know for certain that huitzilopochtli doesn't exist?

Nope, we have a long way to go.

Anyone who claims to know for sure how we got here is deluded.

One thing we know for certain is that it wasn't some gaseous vertebrate in the sky with a penis who did it.

One thing we know for certain is that it wasn't some gaseous vertebrate in the sky with a penis who did it.
That would be my guess, agreed.

I am a Republican (for lack of any other rational choice) and I believe in the Theory of Evolution.

I don't know how it can be denied. You can see it today right here in the USA, if you are not willingly blind, by comparing the rotting cities of the North (particularly Detroit, Baltimore and Chicago) with any place in the Heartland.

Republicans

I believe in the idea of evolution. Just like all science, anytime you think you have all of the answers, you find out that you don’t. There are likely to be a lot more things to learn about evolution.
Merely one piece of evidence, there are apes

What???
Well, if we evolved from apes there shouldn’t be apes today!

Disagree.

The strong get to stay, and find they have no reason to change. Just stay strong. The weak have to leave, and thus to adapt, that is: find a different way to survive.

To make a very, very, very long story short...to explain it in the simplest possible terms....or rather to give the simplest possible example----go to both an NBA Basketball game and a Rocket Science Convention...and takes notes of what you see.

Forum List

Back