Do majority of Republicans think Theory of Evolution is a fact ?

I wonder about that question, especially does Donald Trump think evolution is a fact ?

A few days ago I've read that article and I thought it has exaggerated opinions about Republicans but sometimes I agree with that. You can look that article here:

Republicans

Hmm, Darwin hung with this guy who said this,

I contend that we are the finest race in the world and that the more of the world we inhabit the better it is for the human race. . . . It is our duty to seize every opportunity of acquiring more territory and we should keep this one idea steadily before our eyes that more territory simply means more of the Anglo-Saxon race, more of the best, the most human, most honorable race the world possesses.

That was one of his pals . Darwin believed anyone not white was behind in the evolutionary ladder. Not making it up it’s there in almost all of his book. He also took a dim view on the idea that any woman reguardless of race was no match for a white man of European decent. He was also a drunk emo. Meh.

The biggest problem here is that the Theory of Evolution can't be proven without doubt, but the theory of the Bible can't be proven with a single fact.

I have no more faith in the Bible than I do in evolution. Honestly, I've seen more evidence in my personal life to promote Spirituality over with religion or science.

I wonder about that question, especially does Donald Trump think evolution is a fact ?

A few days ago I've read that article and I thought it has exaggerated opinions about Republicans but sometimes I agree with that. You can look that article here:

Republicans

Donald Trump does look he was the offspring of an Orangutan.

Republicans
It is not called that facts of evolution.

theory

NOUN
/QUOTE]

Let me explain to you step by step. There are 2 definition of theory:

Theory, Sense 1: A scheme or system of ideas or statements held as an explanation or account of a group of facts or phenomena; a hypothesis that has been confirmed or established by observation or experiment, and is propounded or accepted as accounting for the known facts; a statement of what are held to be the general laws, principles, or causes of something known or observed.

Theory, Sense 2: A hypothesis proposed as an explanation; hence, a mere hypothesis, speculation, conjecture; an idea or set of ideas about something; an individual view or notion.

The party line among scientists arguing for evolution is to promote Sense 1.

You guys are really funny, it is not law of evolution because: a law explains us what will happen under certain circumstances, while a theory explains "how" it happens.

I hope that helps.
Ah,, I see..It is like the color orange and the fruit orange. I think that i better check my theory tree, to see that if it is getting enough water. Why doesn't they referred them as facts, instead of theories?

Here is someone's else theory..

Republicans

Donald Trump does look he was the offspring of an Orangutan.

Amazing how dumb some people sound.

Wow that was pretty much every far left talking point about Republicans in what looked like between 100 and 200 words. When you saw the the site title think and say did anyone else think of the childs toy speak and spell? After reading it seems like it could have been written by a child.

Darwinists Concede Wikipedia Erased Bechly for Coming Out in Favor of Intelligent Design | Evolution News

Our distinguished paleontologist colleague Günter Bechly was erased from Wikipedia after he came out as a proponent of the theory of intelligent design. That, in turn, was after he had already been pushed out of his curator role at the State Museum of Natural History in Stuttgart, Germany, for the same reason. The editors at Wikipedia obscured their treatment of Günter, a world-class expert on dragonflies, by claiming his heresy on ID had nothing to do with the decision to excise him. Instead, they innocently proclaimed that it was due to the realization that he isn’t “notable” enough for the online encyclopedia.

I’ve already pointed out the problems with this contention, and noted that the editors of Bechly’s page and of the grossly distorted Intelligent Design page itself make little effort to hide the ideological axes they grind. There’s little mystery about what happened to Dr. Bechly, or to another ID advocate, Walter Bradley at Baylor University, whose Wiki entry was shredded to near nothing. This is one way the scientific consensus on evolution is maintained, by threatening dissenters. For a scientist, having your accomplishments erased is the ultimate punishment. Wiki editors meanwhile indulge atheist nobodies with extensive biography entries.

All this we knew, but it’s still satisfying to see it affirmed by Darwinists themselves. Israel’s best-known newspaper, the secular, left-leaning Haaretz, picked up on the Bechly story. The headline from what’s often called the New York Times of Israel says, “A Respected Scientist Comes Out Against Evolution – and Loses His Wikipedia Page.” And that is pretty close to the truth, though I would say that to support ID isn’t to “come out against evolution” but rather to affirm an alternative to the Darwinian explanation of what drives evolution. But never mind.

The translation from Hebrew in the English edition of Haaretz leaves something to be desired, with Günter’s last name misspelled repeatedly as “Blechy” or “Blechly.” Naturally, there’s a spray of the standard vacuous insults directed ID as a “pseudoscience rehash of creationism.”

On the other hand, in a welcome move, they embed a clip from the recent documentary Revolutionary: Michael Behe and the Mystery of Molecular Machine in which Dr. Bechly gets to tell some of his own story (shades of the New York Times and its recent Retro Report on intelligent design).

Do you feel that the God of the Christian Bible is "fact", as in 1+1=2, or is your relationship with God based on faith, which is the term we usually hear?

Yes, God is a fact like 1+1=2.

It is difficult to convince someone that 1+1=2 when they deny mathematics.

Also, do you really see, hear and touch God, or are you being metaphorical?

Creation is in a sense a part of God, though it is not Pantheistic or Panentheistic.

When we see a sunset, there is God.

When we breath fresh air, there is God.

When I sit on my ass and watch the Redskins get trampled yet again, there is God.

Do you feel that the God of the Christian Bible is "fact", as in 1+1=2, or is your relationship with God based on faith, which is the term we usually hear?

Yes, God is a fact like 1+1=2.

It is difficult to convince someone that 1+1=2 when they deny mathematics.

Creation is in a sense a part of God, though it is not Pantheistic or Panentheistic.

When we see a sunset, there is God.

When we breath fresh air, there is God.

When I sit on my ass and watch the Redskins get trampled yet again, there is God.
So it's safe to say that for you, this is fact and not faith?

So it's safe to say that for you, this is fact and not faith?
No it is still faith that fills in the gaps about God.

I know that there is a Creator, but only through faith do I know that He loves me and the human race.

The most important facts are from revelation and thus faith.

If God is not love then He does not merit worship.

I believe in the idea of evolution. Just like all science, anytime you think you have all of the answers, you find out that you don’t. There are likely to be a lot more things to learn about evolution.
Merely one piece of evidence, there are apes

What???
Well, if we evolved from apes there shouldn’t be apes today!

We didn’t evolve from apes. No one claims that we did. Apes and man evolved from the same animal.
How you figure?

Environmental pressures, genetic mutations and variances.

I believe in the idea of evolution. Just like all science, anytime you think you have all of the answers, you find out that you don’t. There are likely to be a lot more things to learn about evolution.
Merely one piece of evidence, there are apes

What???
Well, if we evolved from apes there shouldn’t be apes today!

We didn’t evolve from apes. No one claims that we did. Apes and man evolved from the same animal.
Ah, the new narrative . Makes no sense and no I don’t go with it

That’s not the new narrative. Charles Darwin first proposed that.

Of course the Theory of Evolution is a fact; it's existential. It exists and anyone can read it and everything and all manners of things supporting/about it, and one can read it in all its vast detail or read a brief summary of it (though doing the latter hardly positions one to refute it). It doesn't matter whether one accepts it as an accurate depiction of how life evolved/evolves.
To be sure, the Theory of Evolution as Darwin presented it has itself been refined since Darwin's day; thus merely reading On the Origin of Species isn't going to do the trick, as it were, for making one fully informed on the matter.

How Darwin envisioned evolution

DarwinSketch.jpg

The Integral Model of Evolution (the most recent refinement of the idea)

Doolittle_Web_of_Life.jpg

As for what Republicans think about the Theory of Evolution, well, I have no way to say credibly what they think. For all I know, they perceive it to be every bit as linear a thing as Darwin did. Hell, I don't know even whether most of them who'd refute it's validity have even read so much as the documents cited above, to say nothing of many or most of the myriad others that support (scientifically and with sound reasoning, not merely judgmentally) the Theory, so as to position themselves to be in legitimate mental state of comprehensive understanding about it to in turn refute it. Moreover, I don't know whether Republicans on the whole are fully aware of how the Scientific Method works.

As for what Trump thinks about the Theory of Evolution, well, I'll just say that as goes math and science (natural or social), the guy doesn't strike me as being anything even close to a prolific reader of rigorously developed content pertaining to those disciplines. But for his being POTUS, nobody would care what he thinks or might have to say about the Theory of Evolution. That he is POTUS doesn't make what he has to say any more meritorious; however, his being so can make his statements ominous, depending on what he says.

I disagree. If you see, hear, or touch God you can know
Two serious questions then:

2 Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Colossians 1:16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Genesis 3:4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

Romans 1:17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Habakkuk 2:4 “See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

1 Samuel 2:27 Now a man of God came to Eli and said to him, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Did I not clearly reveal myself to your ancestor’s family when they were in Egypt under Pharaoh?

John 20:29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Matthew 20:16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

So have any leftists here yet admitted that evolution does not stop at the neck?

Who on earth thinks theories are facts?

So you don’t think Gravitational theory and Electromagnetic theory are describing facts?

Theories are not facts, even you admit it as is evident from your subtle yet entirely obvious change of the word to "describing facts".

Theories are also always falsifiable.

Anyway, did the evolution stop at the neck, inquiring minds want to know!

Who on earth thinks theories are facts?

So you don’t think Gravitational theory and Electromagnetic theory are describing facts?

Theories are not facts, even you admit it as is evident from your subtle yet entirely obvious change of the word to "describing facts".

Theories are also always falsifiable.

Anyway, did the evolution stop at the neck, inquiring minds want to know!

And what would you imagine could come along and falsify the theory of Evolution, and replace it with better science?

Forum List

Back