🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do Republicans REALLY want to talk about Emails?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
That time George W. Bush’s White House ‘lost’ 22 million emails

Clinton’s email habits look positively transparent when compared with the subpoena-dodging, email-hiding, private-server-using George W. Bush administration. Between 2003 and 2009, the Bush White House “lost” 22 million emails. This correspondence included millions of emails written during the darkest period in America’s recent history, when the Bush administration was ginning up support for what turned out to be a disastrous war in Iraq with false claims that the country possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMD), and, later, when it was firing U.S. attorneys for political reasons.

Like Clinton, the Bush White House used a private email server—its was owned by the Republican National Committee. And the Bush administration failed to store its emails, as required by law, and then refused to comply with a congressional subpoena seeking some of those emails. “It’s about as amazing a double standard as you can get,” says Eric Boehlert, who works with the pro-Clinton group Media Matters. “If you look at the Bush emails, he was a sitting president, and 95 percent of his chief advisers’ emails were on a private email system set up by the RNC. Imagine if for the last year and a half we had been talking about Hillary Clinton’s emails set up on a private DNC server?”

Sheesh....Talk about hypocrisy. They were even subpoenaed and said fuck off.

image.png

Clinton’s email habits look positively transparent when compared with the subpoena-dodging, email-hiding, private-server-using George W. Bush administration. Between 2003 and 2009, the Bush White House “lost” 22 million emails. This correspondence included millions of emails written during the darkest period in America’s recent history, when the Bush administration was ginning up support for what turned out to be a disastrous war in Iraq with false claims that the country possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMD), and, later, when it was firing U.S. attorneys for political reasons.

Like Clinton, the Bush White House used a private email server—its was owned by the Republican National Committee. And the Bush administration failed to store its emails, as required by law, and then refused to comply with a congressional subpoena seeking some of those emails. “It’s about as amazing a double standard as you can get,” says Eric Boehlert, who works with the pro-Clinton group Media Matters. “If you look at the Bush emails, he was a sitting president, and 95 percent of his chief advisers’ emails were on a private email system set up by the RNC. Imagine if for the last year and a half we had been talking about Hillary Clinton’s emails set up on a private DNC server?”

There’s no Hillary Clinton "email scandal." There are four of them. Or maybe six. Or none.
Now if you read this explanation. You'll find that not only is the entire E-mail scandal for Clinton a " much ado about nothing" but also like you point out both heavily partisan and something that falls in no way outside of the norm in Washington.

Suddenly repubs dont care about emails, private servers or missing emails. Thats a trifecta of lost interest all of a sudden

you're just making this up.

Millions of Bush administration e-mails recovered - CNN.com

there you go. Being dishonest doesn't work in the age of youtube.

You sound like a wife who gets cheated on and doesn't want to believe it

This is, if I recall correctly, the fourth "two wrongs make a right" thread I've seen since I've started counting. It needs to stop.

This is, if I recall correctly, the fourth "two wrongs make a right" thread I've seen since I've started counting. It needs to stop.
To me it's more pointing out double standards, why would that be out of bounds?

Millions of Bush administration e-mails recovered - CNN.com

there you go. Being dishonest doesn't work in the age of youtube.

And of course it was found by C.R.E.W. lol

What double standard have I presented? If George did wrong then he did wrong, and if Hillary did wrong then she did wrong.

What double standard have I presented? If George did wrong then he did wrong, and if Hillary did wrong then she did wrong.
The double standard lays in the fact that, arguably the infraction from Bush was way worse and he received only a fraction of the inquiries that Clinton has endured. Not only that, even after the FBI said it won't prosecute the senate continues it's investigation. Keeping the issue alive malignantly and in my view, abusing it's power. I won't accuse you of raising double standards but this OP did point out that there is a real double standard here.

They only want to talk about democrat emails. Repugs get a pass on everything.

The point is not the emails, but the exposed national secrets she put on an unprotected server for the world to see if they wanted.

And of course it is also about the double standard that Hillary gets when any one else would have gone straight to prison for along time had they done a tenth of what she has done.

People serving the interests of our country and defending our freedom have died because of Hillarys incompetence and carelessness.

Fuck the emails, it is the blood she shed that demands she be kept out of the White House.

Forum List

Back