Do we take our freedoms for granted?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

No one is shot for believing a religion that the leader doesn’:)t like…

We are free to disagree with the government and protest…

We are free to travel around the globe…

We are free to speak our mind, even if it is against the government…

We are free to vote for our representatives…

We are free to own guns and protect our family and homes…

We are free to own property…

We are free to select our own careers…

We are free to get an education at no cost…

Do you ever think how lucky we are?

And, we are permitted to make a salary commensurate with our talents and tasks and aren't taxed so high to pay those who have no handicaps, education and refuse to work.

David Koresh was unavailable for comment.

And get pepper sprayed or clobbered on the head with bicycle locks by goon squads, while cops stand by and do nothing.

Not without permission of The State (passport).

Ever heard of Lois Lerner or Doug Shulman?

So we can choose who our wardens will be...Big whoop.

So far.

As long as you keep paying the extortion (i.e. property taxes) to remain there.

Well, that's one.

Just because you're not presented with a bill for it, doesn't mean that it doesn't cost a lot.

SMH.

And get pepper sprayed or clobbered on the head with bicycle locks by goon squads, while cops stand by and do nothing.

So far.

Well, that's one.

Just because you're not presented with a bill for it, doesn't mean that it doesn't cost a lot.

SMH.
Oddball, I see how this country is so unfair to you. I'm going to call my travel agent and arrange for a ticket for you. Now, where would you like to live? Your choices are North Korea, Venezuela, Mexico or Zimbabwe. Let me know.

Some people do take what we have left for granted. Thats why those dipshits vote them away.
Fuck the statists!

You know, in my own humble opinion, yes, there are a lot of Americans who take their freedoms and rights for granted. I know I did, at least up until I joined the military and a lot of my 1st Amendment rights were taken away while I was active duty.

As an active duty military person, you are not allowed to associate with or join certain groups, you are allowed to support a specific candidate for office, and you can go to their rallies, but you have to ask permission first, and you cannot wear your uniform to a rally for a specific candidate, as that would be interpreted as that particular branch supporting that particular candidate.

You are not allowed to openly criticize anyone in your chain of command, and you cannot publicly criticize your government.

There are lots of restrictions on a person when they join the military, and many of the freedoms I enjoyed as a citizen were severely reduced when I joined the military, and weren't returned until after I retired and was no longer on active duty.

Me? Because I know what rights of mine were restricted, makes me appreciate them even more now that I have them back.

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.
Oddball, I see how this country is so unfair to you. I'm going to call my travel agent and arrange for a ticket for you. Now, where would you like to live? Your choices are North Korea, Venezuela, Mexico or Zimbabwe. Let me know.
Oh, so I don't like how politicians, bureaucrats, and the police state are turning this once great nation into a fascist shithole, so my only alternative is to move to another fascist shithole?

Is that really the best you have?

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.
He was correct you know..

You know, in my own humble opinion, yes, there are a lot of Americans who take their freedoms and rights for granted. I know I did, at least up until I joined the military and a lot of my 1st Amendment rights were taken away while I was active duty.

As an active duty military person, you are not allowed to associate with or join certain groups, you are allowed to support a specific candidate for office, and you can go to their rallies, but you have to ask permission first, and you cannot wear your uniform to a rally for a specific candidate, as that would be interpreted as that particular branch supporting that particular candidate.

You are not allowed to openly criticize anyone in your chain of command, and you cannot publicly criticize your government.

There are lots of restrictions on a person when they join the military, and many of the freedoms I enjoyed as a citizen were severely reduced when I joined the military, and weren't returned until after I retired and was no longer on active duty.

Me? Because I know what rights of mine were restricted, makes me appreciate them even more now that I have them back.
Appreciate them? You are a fucking statist!
What a load of bullshit

What an important post! I hadn't thought of being in the service. Great comparisons! Thank you very much!

What a load of bullshit

First off, lets get the definitions down.........................

statist
[stey-tist]
|
noun
an advocate of statism.
adjective
of, relating to, or characteristic of a statist or statism.

statism
[stey-tiz-uh m]
|
noun
the principle or policy of concentrating extensive economic, political, and related controls in the state at the cost of individual liberty.
support of or belief in the sovereignty of a state, usually a republic.

A statist is someone who believes in statism. Statism controls the state at the cost of individual liberty.

If you are one of the ones that is stopping an NFL player from peaceful protest? It is you who is trying to control the state at the cost of individual liberty. Me? Because I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the USA against all enemies, foreign and domestic, 5 different times, that means I support and defend everything in that document, including the rights of free speech and peaceful protest.

Nope. Sorry, but I believe in the full expression of your right to free speech, even if I don't agree with it.

------------------------------------ i think that your thoughtful questions are never pondered by millions in the USA . Many think that the USA will just keep rolling along as it always has Jackson .

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.

Our "freedoms" were never absolute. Our "rights" were handed to us by our government the moment they wrote the Constitution. "God given rights" is nothing more than a fanciful notion.

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.

Geez, who pissed in YOUR Cheerios today?

In fairness, I have to point out that it wasn't Koresh's religious beliefs that were the reason he got kakked. Had a lot more to do with the fact that the government thought he was stockpiling guns and diddling children, if I remember correctly.

What a load of bullshit

First off, lets get the definitions down.........................

statist
[stey-tist]
|
noun
an advocate of statism.
adjective
of, relating to, or characteristic of a statist or statism.

statism
[stey-tiz-uh m]
|
noun
the principle or policy of concentrating extensive economic, political, and related controls in the state at the cost of individual liberty.
support of or belief in the sovereignty of a state, usually a republic.

A statist is someone who believes in statism. Statism controls the state at the cost of individual liberty.

If you are one of the ones that is stopping an NFL player from peaceful protest? It is you who is trying to control the state at the cost of individual liberty. Me? Because I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the USA against all enemies, foreign and domestic, 5 different times, that means I support and defend everything in that document, including the rights of free speech and peaceful protest.

Nope. Sorry, but I believe in the full expression of your right to free speech, even if I don't agree with it.
Lol ok! Bookmarked for future references!
I will let all your other statist remarks slide. Maybe you have taken a new lead on life!

------------------------------------ i think that your thoughtful questions are never pondered by millions in the USA . Many think that the USA will just keep rolling along as it always has Jackson .
I once heard someone prophesize that our last headline printed in a US newspaper would be, "WE USED OUR FREEDOM TO LOSE OUR FREEDOM."

Things are changing here with the interest in US socialism. Scary.

Forum List

Back