Do you believe in Eternal Security.....

or OSAS (once saved always saved)? Why yes or why no? Or are you not sure? Interesting post hopefully coming.....
The way of salvation is eternal. The door is eternally open. Forgiveness is eternally available.

Salvation is a way of life, not a thing that is bestowed in an instant and comes with a guarantee. The Parable of the Sower and Seed attests that some will receive the word gladly--but don't have the roots to see it through. Others grow for a time, but are eventually choked out by worldly pursuits.

hi Meri interesting thoughts.
A very good evening to you, Ninja.

It is my thought that OSAS is shorthand and a not a very good way of explaining, "When a person commits to Christ, only that person has the power to break the commitment. Christ will not break the commitment. Without the consent of the individual, Satan has no power."

Further, those who are committed to Christ receive grace, strength, and guidance from the Holy Spirit, which helps them on their way.

Those who commit to Christ need to be forewarned: What is the cost? Are they willing to pay it? Do they have the wherewithal to complete what is their intention to build or conquer? We need to keep in mind the warning in Revelation: The lukewarm, Christ spits from his mouth--and--the way is narrow.

It is my thought that OSAS is shorthand and a not a very good way of explaining, "When a person commits to Christ, only that person has the power to break the commitment. Christ will not break the commitment. Without the consent of the individual, Satan has no power."

Further, those who are committed to Christ receive grace, strength, and guidance from the Holy Spirit, which helps them on their way.

Those who commit to Christ need to be forewarned: What is the cost? Are they willing to pay it? Do they have the wherewithal to complete what is their intention to build or conquer? We need to keep in mind the warning in Revelation: The lukewarm, Christ spits from his mouth--and--the way is narrow.

hi Meri, pls call me Kevin. I understand what you are saying. You are looking at the long term "big" picture. I'm confident to say (not asking you to agree), that our POSITION in Christ changes the moment we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. (pass from death to life) The OUTWORKING of that fact or event is a lifelong process. Is this a fair statement in your mind?

I understand you here.. Jesus said to his Disciples; follow me. Luke Chapter 9.

The Cost of Following Jesus
57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”

58 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”

59 He said to another man, “Follow me.”

But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”

60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

61 Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”

62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

That depends on if you are saved by grace alone by faith alone.

Or did you decide to choose Jesus by your own work of faith.

hi Meri, pls call me Kevin. I understand what you are saying. You are looking at the long term "big" picture. I'm confident to say (not asking you to agree), that our POSITION in Christ changes the moment we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. (pass from death to life) The OUTWORKING of that fact or event is a lifelong process. Is this a fair statement in your mind?

This would be a distinction without a different. In looking back over one's life, a Christian might indeed say, "Things started to change for me once I was baptized and committed to the Christian way of life."

There are also many who can look back over their life and honestly say, "Nothing changed for me. My life went from bad to worse." I understand the standard response to that is, "Then you didn't make a true commitment."

While making the commitment may be a momentous occasion, it is in living the commitment that is our salvation. If we make a commitment and then don't live it, we have nothing.

Nothing good is lost, nothing is wasted. Every soul will ultimately rise toward unity with God. Struggling over countless incarnations until achieving a state of grace, or perfection, when all karmic debts are paid. Then and only then will we remain eternally in higher realms. At that time we will remember all our past lives with absolute clarity. This is what spiritualism and occultism has taught me.

That depends on if you are saved by grace alone by faith alone.

Or did you decide to choose Jesus by your own work of faith.

The distinction:

1) Grace --> Regeneration by the Holy Spirit (Born again by the Spirit) --> Faith --> Works of the Spirit (Sealed with the Holy Spirit as guarantee of salvation in Christ Jesus)

2) Works of the Flesh [Carnal Works, Works of the Flesh is of the Flesh] --> Dead Faith [Carnal Faith, Dead Works yields Dead Faith, Dead in the Spirit] (Was Never Regenerated by the Holy Spirit, Not Sealed by the Holy Spirit, Still Dead in the Spirit, Not Saved)

OSAS is definitely true for anyone saved by grace alone by faith alone. And not of works, lest anyone should boast.

What do you do if you're Arminian and think you might be in category 2 (carnal faith)?
- Seek the Lord Christ Jesus and Believe in Him [Carnal Works]
- The Holy Spirit, glory be to Him, will choose whomever He pleases for Regeneration.

Are you saved?
- Love God with all your Heart, all your Soul, and all your Might (only the Regenerated/Living is able, for this Love is from the Holy Spirit).

- Thus, it is written
2 Peter 1
(ESV)

1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.

10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. 11 For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
And written

Galatians 2
(ESV)
16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

James 2
(ESV)

5 Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

Hebrews 6
(ESV)

6 Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits. 4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. 7 For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. 8 But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.

Yes, it is possible to be very close with God, and then lose hope and give up on God, and get angry with God.

OT does not support the concept. God made many covenants with others who later broke the covenant. Unless God changed from the OT to the NT OSAS is a false promise.

Anyway, my own experience with God is that you can be really close to him, then get angry with him and walk away.

MaxGrit tells me I was never (really) saved, so I guess everything I went through meant nothing.

Seems like he's trying really hard to save a doctrine that runs counter to many people's experiences during their faith journey.

Anyway, my own experience with God is that you can be really close to him, then get angry with him and walk away.

MaxGrit tells me I was never (really) saved, so I guess everything I went through meant nothing.

Seems like he's trying really hard to save a doctrine that runs counter to many people's experiences during their faith journey.

You said "give up on God" which is a completely different matter. Many people get angry with God and become atheists, or, like Satan, hate God even though they believe He exists.

Think of it like you getting angry at your wife during an argument, you walk away for a while to cool off vs. you give up on your wife completely, you leave her and divorces her. Completely different matter.

Forum List

Back