Do you believe in Eternal Security.....

Would say if you identify as any religion at all you've already lost. Minute you admit you believe in other people's mental illnesses as reality, and share those delusions and other symptoms, you've already lost any contest over best at something.

All religions are tools once used to maintain control of the masses before effective large-scale governments and rule of law came about.
If I have my own religion and am not trying to convert anyone do I still fit your definition of the religious.

If it's a properly defined religion with supreme being at its head, ya you're still nuts and on the list of people to come get when the revolutions comes. :) If it's a life philosophy or something more power to ya.
My God is Yahweh and my bible is the Old Testament (KJV). I think that makes me an official religion then. How am I now 'nuts'? Is it not my strict and absolute belief in scientifically proven 'facts', and only those facts? Or is it that I have a handbook, as it may be, that helps with the understanding of that which is not of a scientific nature?

You believe because your culture's conditioned you to. Chances are while you know much of what's in your KJV, you don't know very m,uch about how the book came to be, what its origns are, and consequently that absurdity enables you to say you believe in it. Easy to believe when you don't know the backstories. But nothing convinced me more how it's all nonsense than looking into how the various Bibles came to be, what came before, leading back to the very first reliiogn. And no that isn't Judaism. Goes back tens of thousands of years religion, not 6000.
Do you doubt my religion because your culture has conditioned you to?

I don't doubt, I know because I sought to udnerstand and know. You prefer to sim0ply nod in agreement with your fellows and peers but never to question, or investigate yourself. If you did you wouldn't believe any more. Probably why you odn't. Belief is a nicer place I admit.

In my view all religions are just mans failed attempts to get a handle on God. Since God is infinite and we are very small it is impossible to define God The trouble starts when the theories of religion become fixed unshakable doctrines. We need to keep a totally open mind about the nature of God, and try to find him in our hearts without limiting him to our level of understanding.

If I have my own religion and am not trying to convert anyone do I still fit your definition of the religious.

If it's a properly defined religion with supreme being at its head, ya you're still nuts and on the list of people to come get when the revolutions comes. :) If it's a life philosophy or something more power to ya.
My God is Yahweh and my bible is the Old Testament (KJV). I think that makes me an official religion then. How am I now 'nuts'? Is it not my strict and absolute belief in scientifically proven 'facts', and only those facts? Or is it that I have a handbook, as it may be, that helps with the understanding of that which is not of a scientific nature?

You believe because your culture's conditioned you to. Chances are while you know much of what's in your KJV, you don't know very m,uch about how the book came to be, what its origns are, and consequently that absurdity enables you to say you believe in it. Easy to believe when you don't know the backstories. But nothing convinced me more how it's all nonsense than looking into how the various Bibles came to be, what came before, leading back to the very first reliiogn. And no that isn't Judaism. Goes back tens of thousands of years religion, not 6000.

I don't doubt, I know because I sought to udnerstand and know. You prefer to sim0ply nod in agreement with your fellows and peers but never to question, or investigate yourself. If you did you wouldn't believe any more. Probably why you odn't. Belief is a nicer place I admit.
What would you like to understand?

In my view all religions are just mans failed attempts to get a handle on God. Since God is infinite and we are very small it is impossible to define God The trouble starts when the theories of religion become fixed unshakable doctrines. We need to keep a totally open mind about the nature of God, and try to find him in our hearts without limiting him to our level of understanding.
When you sit down at a computer you do not try to understand every aspect of everything you are using. You focus on your immediate reason you are using the computer. You could think of God in the same way if it helps.

"Don't try your powers on me. Try looking into that place you dare not look, you'll find me there staring back at you." :)

"Don't try your powers on me. Try looking into that place you dare not look, you'll find me there staring back at you." :)
And your failed attempt to find God speaks for us all? (See what watching 2 minutes of Dune will do to a person? :eusa_doh:

or OSAS (once saved always saved)? Why yes or why no? Or are you not sure? Interesting post hopefully coming.....
We aren't saved until we are judged, and granted Grace, because none of us deserve to be saved on our own.

Nobody can say if he is saved.

or OSAS (once saved always saved)? Why yes or why no? Or are you not sure? Interesting post hopefully coming.....
We aren't saved until we are judged, and granted Grace, because none of us deserve to be saved on our own.

Why should we be judged? I say God needs to answer for all the suffering in the world, because he is the ultimate cause of it.

Anyway, my own experience with God is that you can be really close to him, then get angry with him and walk away.

MaxGrit tells me I was never (really) saved, so I guess everything I went through meant nothing.

Seems like he's trying really hard to save a doctrine that runs counter to many people's experiences during their faith journey.

You said "give up on God" which is a completely different matter. Many people get angry with God and become atheists, or, like Satan, hate God even though they believe He exists.

Think of it like you getting angry at your wife during an argument, you walk away for a while to cool off vs. you give up on your wife completely, you leave her and divorces her. Completely different matter.

Opponents of OSAS say a person can walk away from God; maybe so- that is their practical walk...they certainly do and can fall out of fellowship, but they are children of God, heirs of the throne and always saved if they truly were converted. Our POSITION in Jesus is ALWAYS THE SAME after getting saved- NOT GUILTY before the Father. God never leaves US. The Holy Spirit indwells every believer whether they are back slidden or not. Thank God our salvation DOESN'T DEPEND ON US. The only distinction is in our REWARDS at the Bema Seat.

Cathlics need to show a love for Jesus Christ for what he has done to save theirs, and by getting baptized as a baby isn't enough. You have to KNOW what you are doing and why by yourself. This is a huge issue I have with the Catholic religions and the fact they hold the pope as someone who is above them when reality is he's their equal since everybody is equal in the eyes of God. Idiots.

Catholics are immersed in Christ from babyhood on. Christ is part of their family, he is central to their Church community. From (1) Baptism, children are enveloped in the life of Christ. "Your sins are forgiven..." (2) Sacrament of Reconciliation; "Do this in memory of me..." (3) The Eucharist; receiving the Holy Spirit (4) Confirmation; the (5) Sacrament of healing, and then sometimes (6) Matrimony or (7) Holy Orders. Catholics--even Catholic children--know what they are doing and why. They are centered in the life of Christ all of their days.

It is the Church (the Body of Christ) that Catholics see as someone above them--and the Pope is merely recognized and respected for being responsible for the earthly care of the Church for a specific time. Think of your church's pastor What would you say to people who say you hold your pastor above you? Wouldn't you say they misunderstand? You misunderstand about the Pope. Think of him as pastor, and you will have a more accurate and coherent idea of how Catholics see the Pope.

sins cannot be forgiven unless you know you are a sinner; babies do not know that. Baptism doesn't save you; it just gets you wet.

Cathlics need to show a love for Jesus Christ for what he has done to save theirs, and by getting baptized as a baby isn't enough. You have to KNOW what you are doing and why by yourself. This is a huge issue I have with the Catholic religions and the fact they hold the pope as someone who is above them when reality is he's their equal since everybody is equal in the eyes of God. Idiots.

Catholics are immersed in Christ from babyhood on. Christ is part of their family, he is central to their Church community. From (1) Baptism, children are enveloped in the life of Christ. "Your sins are forgiven..." (2) Sacrament of Reconciliation; "Do this in memory of me..." (3) The Eucharist; receiving the Holy Spirit (4) Confirmation; the (5) Sacrament of healing, and then sometimes (6) Matrimony or (7) Holy Orders. Catholics--even Catholic children--know what they are doing and why. They are centered in the life of Christ all of their days.

It is the Church (the Body of Christ) that Catholics see as someone above them--and the Pope is merely recognized and respected for being responsible for the earthly care of the Church for a specific time. Think of your church's pastor What would you say to people who say you hold your pastor above you? Wouldn't you say they misunderstand? You misunderstand about the Pope. Think of him as pastor, and you will have a more accurate and coherent idea of how Catholics see the Pope.

so are you saying sacraments save you?>

Christianity doesn't even agree on this question and it varies by denomination. It's actually mentioned with other major tenets of major religions' systems here:

Comparison Chart of Beliefs of Christian Denominations Religion Facts

search down to "perseverance once saved"

Almost all the threads in the Religion forum end up in a pissing contest with every poster screeching they're the best christian and everyone else is wrong.

not at all. I don't boast in myself or my denomination or my church (like RC's do)- I boast in Christ only. Jesus saves, not church, not popes, not pastors, not church membership, not tithing, not keeping the law, not good works, nothing saves but JESUS ALONE!

are you sure? The Conversion of the Jailer
29And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, 30and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."… (Acts 16:29-31). Of course none of deserve to be saved. Is Jesus a liar when He said believe on Him and be SAVED? OF COURSE NOT! You can know today. Judging for a Christian after life is not about our salvation, but our works- whether done for the Kingdom or selfishly. Type a google search on the Bema Seat Judgment- only Believer's will be there.

so are you saying sacraments save you?

Funny thing about that. Apparently unlike some non-Catholics, Catholics believe salvation comes from a living being--in this case, the Supreme Being, God.

I suggest reading what I said again. A brief summary is that the Catholic community is immersed in the life Christ lived and presented to us as an example.

1. We are baptized into the community of the Body of Christ
2. We actually hear, "Your sins are forgiven."
3. We break bread together in remembrance of Christ.
4. We receive the Holy Spirit.
5. We receive the gift of healing.
6/7. Some are married, some are anointed into Holy Order.

Through all of these--these examples set forth and lived by by Christ--we receive the grace of God and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The seven Sacraments are are our greatest prayers.

not at all. I don't boast in myself or my denomination or my church (like RC's do)-

That is another difference between Catholics and some non-Catholics. Catholics proclaim (not boast) that 'catholic' means open and welcoming to all. This, versus the "boasting" of some non-Catholic Christians who "boast" that they are going to heaven while everyone else goes to hell.

Forum List

Back