Do you believe OJ Simpson is guilty of murder?

In your OPINION is Simpson guilty of murder?

• Yes

• No

• I hate visiting the dentist

Results are only viewable after voting.
Zimmerman was well within his rights to shot the thug sitting on his chest pounding him "mma" style.

Yes, he was. But it would never have happened if he hadn't decided to take matters into his own hands when he had no clear reason to follow Martin. I know there had been break ins in their community, but unless he saw Martin doing something wrong or acting suspicious, he had no reason to do what he did. Martin was walking home.....as far as i know (or anyone knows) he'd done nothing wrong. I think he was a thug, and wanted to be a tough guy....so he doubled back to confront Zimmerman. Nobody knows who attacked who first, and Zimmerman did have a right to shoot him because of the bashing his head into the sidewalk. They both made wrong choices that night. Zimmerman has proven himself an idiot multiple times since this happened. Do you think he's mentally sane by wanting to sell the gun he used to kill Martin on Ebay??? That's just plain stupid! He proves himself to be a moron in everything he does.

He had clear reason to follow Martin. He was a stranger that Zimmerman did not recognize in a gated community that had had breakins.

A stranger BEING in a gated community was "doing something wrong".

A stranger just BEING in a gated community was doing something wrong
? He was staying with his father! Zimmerman didnt' see him peeking into windows, or sneaking around the homes, so he had no clear reason to follow him. He was walking home. He MAY have been scoping things out, but nobody knows that. Martin was wrong for not just going straight home. Him being shot was his fault, it didn't have to happen.

Yes. A stranger just being in a gated community is doing something wrong, if they are not guests of a resident.

Zimmerman was reckless in following a possible bad actor.

Martin was very brutal and criminal in attacking and viciously beating Zimmerman.

You can tell who's side your on when you say Martin was "viciously beating Zimmerman"

Pretty powerful adjective

You can tell who's side your on when you say Martin was "viciously beating Zimmerman"

Would you prefer, "gently beating Zimmerman" or "lovingly beating Zimmerman"?

Or do you have a better, less powerful adjective?

Yes, he was. But it would never have happened if he hadn't decided to take matters into his own hands when he had no clear reason to follow Martin. I know there had been break ins in their community, but unless he saw Martin doing something wrong or acting suspicious, he had no reason to do what he did. Martin was walking home.....as far as i know (or anyone knows) he'd done nothing wrong. I think he was a thug, and wanted to be a tough guy....so he doubled back to confront Zimmerman. Nobody knows who attacked who first, and Zimmerman did have a right to shoot him because of the bashing his head into the sidewalk. They both made wrong choices that night. Zimmerman has proven himself an idiot multiple times since this happened. Do you think he's mentally sane by wanting to sell the gun he used to kill Martin on Ebay??? That's just plain stupid! He proves himself to be a moron in everything he does.

He had clear reason to follow Martin. He was a stranger that Zimmerman did not recognize in a gated community that had had breakins.

? He was staying with his father! Zimmerman didnt' see him peeking into windows, or sneaking around the homes, so he had no clear reason to follow him. He was walking home. He MAY have been scoping things out, but nobody knows that. Martin was wrong for not just going straight home. Him being shot was his fault, it didn't have to happen.

Yes. A stranger just being in a gated community is doing something wrong, if they are not guests of a resident.

Martin was very brutal and criminal in attacking and viciously beating Zimmerman.

He was giving him an ass whoopin. You pussies. And if you are a pussy don't be the neighborhood watch guy and do what the cops say when they say don't engage the suspect we are on the way. Homicide. Manslaughter. Zimmerman is guilty of something. Not first degree not second but 3rd? Probably.

He was giving him an ass whoopin. You pussies. And if you are a pussy don't be the neighborhood watch guy and do what the cops say when they say don't engage the suspect we are on the way. Homicide. Manslaughter. Zimmerman is guilty of something. Not first degree not second but 3rd? Probably.

He was giving him an ass whoopin.

Yup. That's why shooting the thug wasn't a crime.

And if you are a pussy don't be the neighborhood watch guy

And if you're a thug, don't beat on the guy who's carrying a gun.

Homicide. Manslaughter. Zimmerman is guilty of something.

Yes, your feelings are very relevant to the issue.

1. The assault makes the shooting self defense.

2,."Pussy" is irrelevant. Lack of manliness does not lead to lack of Right to Self Defense.

3. Following the suspect was reckless. Reckless is irrelevant. Reckless does not lead to loss of the Right to Self Defense.

4. Zimmerman should had never even been charged. It was a politically motivated attempt to railroad an innocent man in order to appease and inflame a racist mob.

A stranger just BEING in a gated community was doing something wrong? He was staying with his father! Zimmerman didnt' see him peeking into windows, or sneaking around the homes, so he had no clear reason to follow him. He was walking home. He MAY have been scoping things out, but nobody knows that. Martin was wrong for not just going straight home. Him being shot was his fault, it didn't have to happen.

2,."Pussy" is irrelevant. Lack of manliness does not lead to lack of Right to Self Defense.

3. Following the suspect was reckless. Reckless is irrelevant. Reckless does not lead to loss of the Right to Self Defense.

4. Zimmerman should had never even been charged. It was a politically motivated attempt to railroad an innocent man in order to appease and inflame a racist mob.
Bullshit. You guys are too trigger happy. Too ready to shoot. Just keep that in mind the next time you feel the urge to blow someone away.

Now that some time has passed so emotions are pretty much gone on the issue what do you believe?
I can tell you EXACTLY where I was when, while listening to the radio, I heard race brought into it for the first time.

I remember thinking "well, so much for that, he's gonna get off".

Truth be told, I thought I was being a little over-cynical, but sure as hell....

Bullshit. You guys are too trigger happy. Too ready to shoot. Just keep that in mind the next time you feel the urge to blow someone away.

You consider "ass whoopin" to be a normal part of life. At least when blacks and whites interact, and you consider taking your beating without complaint or resentment to a sign of manliness.

That is not the normal American view, and not one required by any laws.

Shooting someone who might be killing you is completely reasonable, moral, ethical and legal.

Now that some time has passed so emotions are pretty much gone on the issue what do you believe?
I can tell you EXACTLY where I was when, while listening to the radio, I heard race brought into it for the first time.

I remember thinking "well, so much for that, he's gonna get off".

Truth be told, I thought I was being a little over-cynical, but sure as hell....
I heard about a 5 part mini series on ESPN that exposed everything. That's what prompted me to create this thread. Just water cooler talk

You guys are too trigger happy. Too ready to shoot.

Is that why he shot the thug the moment he saw him, instead of waiting until the thug was on top of him, bashing his head on the concrete?

Of course, just like Zimmerman, and just like OJ, Zimmie is too stupid to understand he got away with murder and should go away quietly and live out the remainder of his existence quietly, away from public view. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he keeps fucking up and eventually winds up incarcerated. Although that might be entertaining.

Zimmerman was well within his rights to shot the thug sitting on his chest pounding him "mma" style.

Martin was staying there at his fathers house!, so ya.....he was a GUEST. He made the mistake of not going straight to his fathers house once he saw Zimmerman. But no, he decided to go back and confront him! I'm saying I don't like these 'stand your ground" laws because people can use them and get away with something they shouldn't. I don't like that Zimmerman didn't at least get manslaughter, maybe he'd think about things first before he follows someone again and it ends up with someone dead.

Martin was staying there at his fathers house!, so ya.....he was a GUEST. He made the mistake of not going straight to his fathers house once he saw Zimmerman. But no, he decided to go back and confront him! I'm saying I don't like these 'stand your ground" laws because people can use them and get away with something they shouldn't. I don't like that Zimmerman didn't at least get manslaughter, maybe he'd think about things first before he follows someone again and it ends up with someone dead.

I'm saying I don't like these 'stand your ground" laws because people can use them and get away with something they shouldn't.

Like what? Besides defending themselves.....legally?

I am as convinced that OJ had nothing to do with any murder just as strongly as I believe Mrs. Rodham-Clinton/Lewinsky had no blood on her hands over Benghazi.

Absolutely THAT convinced and not a smidgen mo'!!

I'm saying I don't like these 'stand your ground" laws because people can use them and get away with something they shouldn't.

There was nobody around that could testify that he actually had to "stand his ground". The only other person there is dead. THAT is what I don't like about it. I'd agree to use that law if there was actually someone else there to verify that's what he had to do. Maybe he did have to defend himself (I actually think he did) but what if that's not true? Nobody knows!

There was nobody around that could testify that he actually had to "stand his ground". The only other person there is dead. THAT is what I don't like about it. I'd agree to use that law if there was actually someone else there to verify that's what he had to do. Maybe he did have to defend himself (I actually think he did) but what if that's not true? Nobody knows!

There was nobody around that could testify that he actually had to "stand his ground".

Since it wasn't part of the defense, what did he get away with that he shouldn't have?

Let me try to clear up your confusion.

The controversial section of that law relates to the fact that there is no "duty to retreat," meaning that in non-stand your ground states one must, in most cases, first attempt to get away if he or she can.

In Florida, however, there is no such requirement and the shooter may "stand his or her ground" when firing in self defense.

But the duty to retreat was not an issue in either Dunn or Zimmerman. In both cases the defendants argued that deadly force was used because they "reasonably" believed that it was necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily injury. That, is at its core, no different than the law in almost every other state.

Stand Your Ground Didn't Determine Zimmerman, Dunn Cases

The lead detective and prosecution's star witness committed perjury. He also performed an illegal search.The DNA evidence was mishandled.

And there's other things that seem far-fetched. Like OJ would have left one bloody glove at the crime scene and then go put the other one behind the guest house on his property. It just doesn't add up.

Under those circumstances, if I was on the jury I couldn't have convicted him of murder.

Forum List

Back