Do you carry a knife for self defense?

Personally, I don't think it's a bad idea to keep a gun/knife at home for self defense, but I think carrying a weapon around with you is only encouraging the possibility for bad situations to escalate into worse ones.

That doesn't make any sense.

You are a real pussy if you need all of that hardware.

Are you in Afghanistan?

I don't understand your thinking Anyone with any type of defensive training will call you're kind of thinking stupid.

Why do you need to carry weapons, I have never had to? You must be really scared.

Around you I'd be scared too... Do you know what it's like to get your eyeballs slashed with a EBT card? It's not pretty...:badgrin:

Just curious what people's thoughts on this are.

If you carry a gun instead, that's a whole other issue and getting into a big discussion about it here probably isn't worth anybody's time other than a "no, I carry a gun".

Me personally, I think it's a good way to escalate a situation and get yourself severely injured and or killed when you otherwise probably wouldn't have.

There is no such thing as a knife "fight".

The only reason I bring it up is because I just tucked a pocket knife away into my new bag I got to carry my lunch/water and other items to and from work. Strictly utility. I also have a small key chain box cutter that I use while actually working since I break down boxes and cut plastic so frequently. I was just curious how misinformed people are about the wisdom of carrying a knife for self defense.

Unless you live in an excessively dangerous area (like some parts of the south side of Chicago), I think it's completely ridiculous to carry a gun or a knife on you at all times.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad idea to keep a gun/knife at home for self defense, but I think carrying a weapon around with you is only encouraging the possibility for bad situations to escalate into worse ones.

Fortunately, 99.9% of America is not a war-zone, so lets keep it that way. Carrying around weapons is excessive and unnecessary.

Since we already know you don't carry stop giving your opinion as fact.

He said "I think" and "I think".

Are you that dumb?

If you carry a gun instead, that's a whole other issue and getting into a big discussion about it here probably isn't worth anybody's time other than a "no, I carry a gun".

Me personally, I think it's a good way to escalate a situation and get yourself severely injured and or killed when you otherwise probably wouldn't have.

The only reason I bring it up is because I just tucked a pocket knife away into my new bag I got to carry my lunch/water and other items to and from work. Strictly utility. I also have a small key chain box cutter that I use while actually working since I break down boxes and cut plastic so frequently. I was just curious how misinformed people are about the wisdom of carrying a knife for self defense.
Who needs a knife when I have an awesome manicure? :D

I keep a knife in my purse.

Not so much in case I need to cut someone, but just because it's really a drag to need a knife and not have one.

It's a cool knife, too. I stole it from one of my boys and they've been trying to steal it back for years. And last night my youngest smuggled it out of my car (it somehow got out of the purse into the console) and then sliced his finger with it while whittling.

Boys. I tell ya. But it's my knife, they're not getting it.

I keep a knife in my purse.

Not so much in case I need to cut someone, but just because it's really a drag to need a knife and not have one.

It's a cool knife, too. I stole it from one of my boys and they've been trying to steal it back for years. And last night my youngest smuggled it out of my car (it somehow got out of the purse into the console) and then sliced his finger with it while whittling.

Boys. I tell ya. But it's my knife, they're not getting it.
Yes, when a knife is needed, little else will really do the job.

I just won't keep one in my purse. I know I would not remember to remove it until the TSA agent sees it in my purse on the scan and I don't want them to get a free knife.

But, for certain outings, I definitely take one with me. For utility.

I never fly anywhere so I'm good.

I'm frequently in the boonies, though...and I was taught when I was a little girl never to go anywhere with horses without a knife, and wirecutters and a gun, if you can find a way to manage all three.

But a knife ALWAYS.

I always have a knife of some sort on me but nothing I would call suitable for self defense.

I have my Springfield Armory .45 ACP single stack for that.
DSCN92471.jpg
That looks more like a .380 to me.

My new toy posted above is a .380

A hefty flash light is a good defensive weapon.

A person approaches with a knife, shoot em if you can't retreat.

If they can get within six feet, you will get cut, period, no matter if you are superman, batman, or any kind of he-man (or she-woman).

Unless you live in an excessively dangerous area (like some parts of the south side of Chicago), I think it's completely ridiculous to carry a gun or a knife on you at all times.

Fortunately, 99.9% of America is not a war-zone, so lets keep it that way. Carrying around weapons is excessive and unnecessary.

It's not only the South Side, its the East Side, West Side, parts of the north... Hell, parts of Gurnee, Waukegan and all of North Chicago are fucked up - Zion is too.

I suppose that is what happens when progressives close the projects in the Chi and ship everyone on section 8 out to the burbs.... They fuck it up.

Those gorillas love to destroy shit......

It might help if you didn't call them gorillas.

Since we already know you don't carry stop giving your opinion as fact.

I am with him, and I watched my brother get bullet fragments taken out of his face when I was thirteen.
But if you need that security so be it. I personally don't want to be fearful of everything.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I don't carry a knife or a gun

The bad guys know better than to fuck with me

You'll smack them with you walker, or throw a Depends at them...

Been well past 50 years now and I have never needed a knife or a gun. Bad guys obviously recognize I am not someone to be trifled with

Why do you carry one?

Are you a pussy?

I don't carry a knife or a gun

The bad guys know better than to fuck with me

Been well past 50 years now and I have never needed a knife or a gun. Bad guys obviously recognize I am not someone to be trifled with

Why do you carry one?

Are you a pussy?

LOL. Is little nicky badass disease spreading around here?

*dramatic voice* "I am not someone to be trifled with"! LOL!

Why do you carry one?

Are you a pussy?

I can understand why you pussies need a knife or gun because you are afraid. I would just as soon kick their ass

They obviously know better than to mess with me

Got your gun Nancy?

Why do you carry one?

Are you a pussy?

I can understand why you pussies need a knife or gun because you are afraid. I would just as soon kick their ass

They obviously know better than to mess with me

Got your gun Nancy?

Another tough guy at the party! Kickass!! YEEEeeeeeAAAAaaaaaaah!!! Tell you what tough guy, you can have the winner of the Swallow vs little nicky badass throwdown to decide the Clown Champion of this thread.

Forum List

Back