Do you carry a knife for self defense?

I carry a gun for self-defense. Knives that can be carried easily are too small to use for self-defense, but they come in very handy for opening mail and cutting tape from packages, lol.

Just curious what people's thoughts on this are.

If you carry a gun instead, that's a whole other issue and getting into a big discussion about it here probably isn't worth anybody's time other than a "no, I carry a gun".

Me personally, I think it's a good way to escalate a situation and get yourself severely injured and or killed when you otherwise probably wouldn't have.

There is no such thing as a knife "fight".

The only reason I bring it up is because I just tucked a pocket knife away into my new bag I got to carry my lunch/water and other items to and from work. Strictly utility. I also have a small key chain box cutter that I use while actually working since I break down boxes and cut plastic so frequently. I was just curious how misinformed people are about the wisdom of carrying a knife for self defense.
A pocket knife is a tool, not a defensive (or offensive) weapon.
More people die every year from drowning than from stab wounds or gunshots.
Don't screw with me, I carry water.
Do you know how many people die from "car accidents" every year? Again, way more than gunshots or knife injuries. I also drive a car.

If you carry a gun instead, that's a whole other issue and getting into a big discussion about it here probably isn't worth anybody's time other than a "no, I carry a gun".

Me personally, I think it's a good way to escalate a situation and get yourself severely injured and or killed when you otherwise probably wouldn't have.

The only reason I bring it up is because I just tucked a pocket knife away into my new bag I got to carry my lunch/water and other items to and from work. Strictly utility. I also have a small key chain box cutter that I use while actually working since I break down boxes and cut plastic so frequently. I was just curious how misinformed people are about the wisdom of carrying a knife for self defense.
Do you know how many people die from "car accidents" every year? Again, way more than gunshots or knife injuries. I also drive a car.

So, if you were to carry a knife while driving your car underwater you'd be the deadliest person in the world! (but you still wouldn't scare badasses like Wrongwinger, Swallow, and little nicky).

LOL. Is little nicky badass disease spreading around here?

*dramatic voice* "I am not someone to be trifled with"! LOL!

I can understand why you pussies need a knife or gun because you are afraid. I would just as soon kick their ass

They obviously know better than to mess with me

Got your gun Nancy?

Another tough guy at the party! Kickass!! YEEEeeeeeAAAAaaaaaaah!!! Tell you what tough guy, you can have the winner of the Swallow vs little nicky badass throwdown to decide the Clown Champion of this thread.

I can understand if you are a homosexual or woman or something and need a gun because you are afraid to go out in the dark

Real men don't need them

I know your joking but the bolded is really stupid even a rock or stick can become a weapon if the user has intent to harm another person and yes even water can be a literal weapon when your pouring it down someone elses throat.

Last edited:
I can understand why you pussies need a knife or gun because you are afraid. I would just as soon kick their ass

Got your gun Nancy?

Another tough guy at the party! Kickass!! YEEEeeeeeAAAAaaaaaaah!!! Tell you what tough guy, you can have the winner of the Swallow vs little nicky badass throwdown to decide the Clown Champion of this thread.

I can understand if you are a homosexual or woman or something and need a gun because you are afraid to go out in the dark

Real men don't need them

LOL. Wrongwinger is a "real man"! You really need to provide more proof of what a badass you are. Don't be shy, everyone is eager to be impressed.

Who are you hoping will win the Swallow vs little nicky throw down? Who will face your wrath?

Fuck. I carried my scout knife from about 1960 until the next step...about 1966/boy scouts/ and then switched to a Kabar my bro sent from Nam in 1969.School, church, burger joint,skate rink, movies. No biggie.
In the land of the free it wasn't an issue.Every man had some kind of knife-tool. Even on airplanes.
My Grandpa had a Case Cutlery knife with a factory pick especially for cleaning your tobacco pipe.
Carried it with his Hamilton pocket watch. My sis still has them ( I think).

Unbelievable. I'm glad I'm old-ish

Real men don't need them

LOL. Wrongwinger is a "real man"! You really need to provide more proof of what a badass you are. Don't be shy, everyone is eager to be impressed.

Who are you hoping will win the Swallow vs little nicky throw down? Who will face your wrath?

I obviously don't need to pack to feel safe. It has worked for fifty years and nobody has dared fuck with me

Now, I can see if you were effeminate or something and needed the protection. Hey whatever makes you feel safe in this scary world

Got your gun Nancy?

Real men don't need them
Yeah, tell that to the Marines.

Idiot.

Real men don't need them

I obviously don't need to pack to feel safe.

Of course not, because you're not one to be trifled with, tough guy!

And of course by your 'tough' reasoning, the fact that Manny Pacquiao has never attacked you is proof that he is scared to fuck with you.

I carry a knife when I walk my dog. I live in a neighborhood full of little women, walking big dogs. they can't control their Rotts or other large dogs and I have to defend the life of my wife's Shih Tzu, since she knows I hate the dog and would blame me for any harm that befell it.

I used to work for the company that owns Blackhawk gear and we got a 65% discount on everything, including sales stuff.

Real men don't need them

Idiot.

Interestingly enough, if you project an attitude of "don't fuck with me", most people will respond and leave you alone.

On the other hand, if you have a scared attitude, it's gonna translate on the streets and people WILL fuck with you.

Me? I've been to 26 different countries, and 49 different states, and nobody has ever fucked with me.

Real men don't need them

Idiot.

Storm a beach lately?

Got your gun Nancy?

Real men don't need them

Well said.

I don't understand your thinking Anyone with any type of defensive training will call you're kind of thinking stupid.

Why do you need to carry weapons, I have never had to? You must be really scared.

Why would you say I was scared? If I was scared I just carry my 45 alone. and nothing else. The fist and feet come before the mini mag the mini mag comes before the knife and the knife comes before the gun. What in the fuck is wrong with you are you stupid?

You are scared, I am not. You pack, I do not.

I don't understand your thinking Anyone with any type of defensive training will call you're kind of thinking stupid.

Why do you need to carry weapons, I have never had to? You must be really scared.

Around you I'd be scared too... Do you know what it's like to get your eyeballs slashed with a EBT card? It's not pretty...:badgrin:

I would not know what this is like because people do not fuck with me because of the way I carry myself.

Billions of people go through life without packing a gun. They go about their daily lives without fear of the boogie man lurking in the darkness

Some are just more sensitive than others and need a deadly weapon to function in society

Billions of people go through life without packing a gun. They go about their daily lives without fear of the boogie man lurking in the darkness

Some are just more sensitive than others and need a deadly weapon to function in society

Are you saying no one is murdered ? No dictator is killing the people of his country just because he can? Stalin Hitler ring a bell? How many people have the drug cartels killed in Mexico? You do realize obama has the authority to kill anyone he chooses?

To each his own.

BTW I didn't start carrying concealed until I was regularly making large bank deposits about 5 years ago.

See how you feel when you're making a night drop with 10K in cash.

Why would you say I was scared? If I was scared I just carry my 45 alone. and nothing else. The fist and feet come before the mini mag the mini mag comes before the knife and the knife comes before the gun. What in the fuck is wrong with you are you stupid?

You are scared, I am not. You pack, I do not.

Are cops scared?

Forum List

Back