Do you Democrats not care about character?

Smilebong

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2013
Cold Cold North Country
Come on. Weiner is a sleaze in his relationship with his wife.

What makes you think he will have integrity, honesty, and reliability as Mayor?

This isn't meant to flame Democrats. I just do not understand how you can think that he can live some kind of compartmentalized existence.

This isn't meant to flame Democrats. I just do not understand how you can think that he can live some kind of compartmentalized existence.

Charlie Rangel
Marion Berry
William Jefferson
Bill Clinton
Antony Wiener
Robert Byrd
Ted Kennedy
Jack Murtha
Chris Dodd
Maxine Waters
Sheila Jackson Lee
Monica Conyers
Kwamie Kilpatrick
Dare I say JFK?

No, history has shown that they do not care about character.

Last edited:

C'mon, he really means it this time.

When it comes to character and politicians the public now works with very very low expectations they expect little from them on morale and character issues the politicians know this and that the public won't hold them accountable so politicians don't have to set very high standards for themselves when it comes to personal conduct. You have to do something as disgusting as John Edwards did for the public to truly shun you and it says a lot when one has to go that low for it to happen.

Giuliani's wife found out they were divorcing when Rudy announced it at a press conference.

After scouring for republican scandals that were ignored by conservatives who reelected a candidate, Political Junky descided to draw the moral equivalency of whipping out your junk on the Internet to announcing a divorce at a press conference.

Last edited:

If they can vote for and elect people like Obama, Waters, Murtha, Frank, Weiner, Edwards, Rangel, Clinton and Hillary, they may very well vote for this guy.

Mark Sanford-re-elected to Congress after using public funds to cheat on his wife with a mistress in Argentina and disappearing for 5 days with no one knowing where he was.

If he can get re-elected, Weiner can run again.

That's just the low bar we set for politicians nowadays. Sad but true.

To put it bluntly, neither party cares about character, Smile.

What I said, LOL.

What the hell do sexual dalliances have to do with political party?

I am asking about character.

How can you say that a man who cannot be trusted in the most basic of relationships, marriage, be trusted with public issues?

Giuliani's wife found out they were divorcing when Rudy announced it at a press conference.

After scouring for republican scandals that were ignored by conservatives who reelected a candidate, Political Junky descided to draw the moral equivalency of whipping out your junk on the Internet to announcing a divorce at a press conference.

Unlike Mayoral Candidate Weiner, Mayor Guliani cheated on his wife.

Guliani, adulterer...ran for President
McCain, adulterer...got GOP nomination for President
Gingrich, serial adulterer...ran for President

Someone said something about character?

I am asking about character.

And your OP reads, Do you Democrats not care about character?
Not "does Anthony Weiner not care about character", not "do the voters of NYC not care about character"... which wouldn't follow anyway since they haven't voted yet. So how does one guy who decides to run for something become an entire political party?

How can you say that a man who cannot be trusted in the most basic of relationships, marriage, be trusted with public issues?

There's a relationship between public and personal issues? Who knew.

What I said, LOL.

Well, I do have a bad habit of being overly concise...

some do not care about integrity, honesty, and reliability..... they care about the entitlements.

Forum List

Back