Do You Like Idle Chit-Chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what it feels like when you've been pricked by a pin like I mentioned earlier.

I'm just careful who I talk to. If someone isn't interested in me, I don't want to be around them.
And vice versa
Most people you talk to are not going to be interested unless you can offer them something. This is where the fun comes in. You get them excited about talking about themselves and they tell you all kinds of interesting things.

All I find is they just want to talk MORE about themselves. People don't naturally consider the other person, if you let them be selfish, they will take it all the way.....
What I find is that some people start feeling funny at some point and start wanting you to reciprocate after they have satisfied themselves that you think they are interesting. Some people like you say are so beaten down they absolutely glow in the attention and never stop talking about themselves.

I guess. I'm not saying I'm right or anything, I'm just saying "what is" for me.
I'm not willing to make changes at 52
I am pretty much a loner in real life - so it's not a big deal, but women are just so shallow and catty.... hard to find people that want to be real.....
You are right...for you. Nothing wrong with feeling the way you do. I know women can be catty. I have watched the women that are part of our volleyball parents group and they are vicious.

Last edited:
I like any form of talking to people. You'd be amazed how much you can learn about a person from idle chit chat.

It can't be idle chit chat. You must really really care to be here. ;)
Its not good form to carry over butt hurt from one thread to another. I just noticed you were a rookie so i thought I would let you know that.

I'm not the one who will be punished so no butt hurt here. Also, go screw yourself. No sense of humor and just did the same shit you said people don't do. I don't care about your etiquette.
I'm sorry I have taken up residence in your mind. We can work out the details of payment should I chose to stay.
Damn Porchie. Member has only been here less then a month and you are begging for cyber welfare? You planning on going all "ferguson" or what?

Thats what it feels like when you've been pricked by a pin like I mentioned earlier.

I'm just careful who I talk to. If someone isn't interested in me, I don't want to be around them.
And vice versa
Most people you talk to are not going to be interested unless you can offer them something. This is where the fun comes in. You get them excited about talking about themselves and they tell you all kinds of interesting things.

All I find is they just want to talk MORE about themselves. People don't naturally consider the other person, if you let them be selfish, they will take it all the way.....
What I find is that some people start feeling funny at some point and start wanting you to reciprocate after they have satisfied themselves that you think they are interesting. Some people like you say are so beaten down they absolutely glow in the attention and never stop talking about themselves.

I guess. I'm not saying I'm right or anything, I'm just saying "what is" for me.
I am pretty much a loner in real life - so it's not a big deal, but women are just so shallow and catty.... hard to find people that want to be real.....

:itsok: That's sad.

I like any form of talking to people. You'd be amazed how much you can learn about a person from idle chit chat.

It can't be idle chit chat. You must really really care to be here. ;)
Its not good form to carry over butt hurt from one thread to another. I just noticed you were a rookie so i thought I would let you know that.

I'm not the one who will be punished so no butt hurt here. Also, go screw yourself. No sense of humor and just did the same shit you said people don't do. I don't care about your etiquette.
I'm sorry I have taken up residence in your mind. We can work out the details of payment should I chose to stay.
Damn Porchie. Member has only been here less then a month and you are begging for cyber welfare? You planning on going all "ferguson" or what?

I don't think he will, he'd actually have to be black to do that.

And vice versa

You are right...for you. Nothing wrong with feeling the way you do. I know women can be catty. I have watched the women that are part of our volleyball parents group and they are viscous.

That's "vicious" genius. :D

You are right...for you. Nothing wrong with feeling the way you do. I know women can be catty. I have watched the women that are part of our volleyball parents group and they are viscous.

I was just going to make a joke about oozing out of their clothes.

Damn spell check.

Thats actually not far from the truth. Most of them have lost the firmness of youth long ago.

And vice versa

I've never been like that.
Just has never been who I am. I have been on the receiving end quite a lot.
I'm not whining, it's just a fact.
So, in a sense, I do care, but, since most other people DON'T care, or, want to talk about fluff or things that are for the most part superficial, I just choose friends carefully. I have 2 that I really enjoy and feel comfortable with.

It's hard too because many women are into shopping, shoes, getting their nails and hair done, cooking, etc. and I'd rather talk about psychology or philosophy or bat around ideas or peoples perceptions about life.

Thats actually not far from the truth. Most of them have lost the firmness of youth long ago.

I've seen that. It ain't pretty.

Have fun with your important chit chatting!

So, in a sense, I do care, but, since most other people DON'T care, or, want to talk about fluff or things that are for the most part superficial, I just choose friends carefully. I have 2 that I really enjoy and feel comfortable with.

It's hard too because many women are into shopping, shoes, getting their nails and hair done, cooking, etc. and I'd rather talk about psychology or philosophy or bat around ideas or peoples perceptions about life.

Ba-ha-ha!!! :lol:

I know youre not whining. You are among the few on this board that keep it real even if you were whining. I used to be a lot like that as far as keeping to myself until I discovered how much fun it is talking to people. Once I learned that and how to manipulate the conversation i am never bored when talking to people.

BTW I think someone is a little envious of the attention you draw.

Last edited:

I know youre not whining. You are among the few on this board that keep it real even if you were whining. I used to be a lot like that as far as keeping to myself until I discovered how much fun it is talking to people. Once I learned that and how to manipulate the conversation i am never bored when talking to people.

Ha-ha! You guys!!! :lol: As if no one has read either one of you two's posts before? OMG. :p

How about getting a job?

Especially when they are attempting to live through their daughters. Its downright embarrassing.

How about getting a job?
Why would I do that?

Especially when they are attempting to live through their daughters. Its downright embarrassing.

And a lot of them think they're sexy too. So many times I've wanted to tell them to go buy some granny jeans and stop shaking their ass in front of anything with a dick. I can't do that though.

Last night, I watched a show about The Hanging Gardens of Babylon and it was so interesting, I thought about mentioning the subject here, but then I woke up and remembered this is USMB.

Last night, I watched a show about The Hanging Gardens of Babylon and it was so interesting, I thought about mentioning the subject here, but then I woke up and remembered this is USMB.

I'm interested. Tell me .... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back