🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do You Like Idle Chit-Chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be quiet or give substantive answers. When I decide to talk it's well thought out.
If people start looking away or yawning I get very pissed.

Like favorite colors? Or may I bring up some of your other "idle chat" topics??? ;)

I suggest would you cheat on your spouse if you knew you wouldn't get caught.

Is that idle chit chat? I guess that depends on how many other threads you've started about the same topics. :D Lol.

I want to be quiet or give substantive answers. When I decide to talk it's well thought out.

Like favorite colors? Or may I bring up some of your other "idle chat" topics??? ;)

That's a serious question. It is asking people to divulge their morals ...most don't and lie. So it's really a waste

Is that idle chit chat? I guess that depends on how many other threads you've started about the same topics. :D Lol.

From what I've seen so far she starts a lot of them.

Thats what it feels like when you've been pricked by a pin like I mentioned earlier.

I'm just careful who I talk to. If someone isn't interested in me, I don't want to be around them.
And vice versa
Most people you talk to are not going to be interested unless you can offer them something. This is where the fun comes in. You get them excited about talking about themselves and they tell you all kinds of interesting things.

It's all about the attention. Haven't we all known an annoying person?

Thats what it feels like when you've been pricked by a pin like I mentioned earlier.

I'm just careful who I talk to. If someone isn't interested in me, I don't want to be around them.
And vice versa
Most people you talk to are not going to be interested unless you can offer them something. This is where the fun comes in. You get them excited about talking about themselves and they tell you all kinds of interesting things.

All I find is they just want to talk MORE about themselves. People don't naturally consider the other person, if you let them be selfish, they will take it all the way.....

We're all annoying at one time or another.

That's a serious question. It is asking people to divulge their morals ...most don't and lie. So it's really a waste

Be honest, will you? You don't really care about these people. It's all about getting the attention for you. You would go to extremes for the attention. :D Already kind of have done that, IMO.

Be honest, will you? You don't really care about these people. It's all about getting the attention for you. You would go to extremes for the attention. :D Already kind of have done that, IMO.

Of course I don't care about any of you. I don't know any of you. I never will know any of you.

nevermind, just realized that wasn't for me.

Oh sure we are. Lol. :D Yes, we all act the same, don't we?

And vice versa

All I find is they just want to talk MORE about themselves. People don't naturally consider the other person, if you let them be selfish, they will take it all the way.....
What I find is that some people start feeling funny at some point and start wanting you to reciprocate after they have satisfied themselves that you think they are interesting. Some people are so beaten down they absolutely glow in the attention and never stop talking about themselves.

I don't. You do. :)

Of course I don't care about any of you. I don't know any of you. I never will know any of you.

That's okay. I feel rather indifferent as well, so the feeling is mutual. :D Awww, see? There we go sharing our feelings. Not such idle chit chat after all, eh? ;)

Talking just to talk, like asking how the kids are doing, how you've been feeling etc.?
Or do you need conversation to be more substantive to be engaged and/or interested?

When you are at a social gather of any type (wedding, family gathering, work party, church etc.) would your rather try to find someone to talk to and figure out what to say, or, are you OK with just sitting there until someone comes up and talks to you?

in large gatherings----like weddings, etc----I prefer to place myself in an unobstrusive
corner-----hoping that nobody will notice me -----and WAIT IT OUT

I find your chit chat to be more idle than mine!

That's okay. I feel rather indifferent as well, so the feeling is mutual. :D Awww, see? There we go sharing our feelings. Not such idle chit chat after all, eh? ;)

How bout that weather eh?

I find your chit chat to be more idle than mine!

That's only because I'm lazier than you.

And vice versa

What I find is that some people start feeling funny at some point and start wanting you to reciprocate after they have satisfied themselves that you think they are interesting. Some people like you say are so beaten down they absolutely glow in the attention and never stop talking about themselves.

I guess. I'm not saying I'm right or anything, I'm just saying "what is" for me.
I'm not willing to make changes at 52
I am pretty much a loner in real life - so it's not a big deal, but women are just so shallow and catty.... hard to find people that want to be real.....

Talking just to talk, like asking how the kids are doing, how you've been feeling etc.?
Or do you need conversation to be more substantive to be engaged and/or interested?

When you are at a social gather of any type (wedding, family gathering, work party, church etc.) would your rather try to find someone to talk to and figure out what to say, or, are you OK with just sitting there until someone comes up and talks to you?

in large gatherings----like weddings, etc----I prefer to place myself in an unobstrusive
corner-----hoping that nobody will notice me -----and WAIT IT OUT

I have mixed feelings. I am like that only because I'm always the outcast wherever I go.
I'll give you an example. At my Dad's funeral, me, my husband and kids were the first people to be seated at the social afterwards. NO ONE sat with us. I mean NO ONE. Not even my brother or sister or their families. Very embarrassing and humiliating.

How bout that weather eh?

Start a thread about it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back