🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you live near one of these neighborhoods?

Black neighborhoods = high crime. Fact of life in America.

Not always true there has to be other factors

one way or the other it will get back to poverty/lack of education

but ok --

Using the Lakewood area of Atlanta for an example---

--primarily an industrial area

--I think an auto manufacturer was one of the big employers

-others were employed by the military/Fort MacPherson

--rural area--with the projects located nearby

Lakewood Heights, Atlanta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

```
<Lakewood Heights developed as the result of three separate forces:[3]
The streetcar line along Jonesboro Road, which enabled commercial and residential development along the corridor
Parallel to that, development of an industrial area including the General Motors Lakewood Assembly plant
Development of a black neighborhood around the Gammon Theological Seminary and Clark University, now the site of The New Schools at Carver high school
Development of the Southeast Regional Fairgrounds on the site of the city’s first waterworks plant along Lakewood Avenue — streetcar access from Downtown Atlanta enabled subsequent development of public and private housing projects along Pryor Road, then a major artery to and from downtown

One section of Lakewood Heights is Oak Knoll, which was noted in a 1937 meeting between Techwood Homes organizer Charles Forrest Palmer, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, first lady Eleanor Roosevelt and Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau, Jr.. Roosevelt was delighted that private enterprise — backed by guarantees the Federal Housing Administration — could provide good homes at moderate rentals. The conversation about Oak Knoll drew the conclusion that private projects were in fact strengthened by public housing projects serving as a "pace setter", and helped support arguments for a more proactive nationwide public housing policy.[4] The house at 1099 Oak Knoll Drive was featured in a 1938 issue of Life magazine, as it was a Life "model house"; the model kits were available for purchase from retailers around the country.[5]

The neighborhood was home to the Lakewood Fairgrounds which until 1979 had a racetrack, Lakewood Speedway. Now the Hi-Fi Buys (a.k.a. Aaron's) Amphitheater is located on the old fairgrounds
>

Thanks for the input I posted this earlier

The thing that stuck out that seems to be common with these neighborhoods.
Single mothers, low income, older neighborhoods, cities controlled by democrats, and it does appear that race is also part of the bound that appears to be in common with each city.

So if democrats are big on helping minorities why do we have cities like this?
Agree disagree or some where in the middle?

but ok --

```
The streetcar line along Jonesboro Road, which enabled commercial and residential development along the corridor
Parallel to that, development of an industrial area including the General Motors Lakewood Assembly plant
Development of a black neighborhood around the Gammon Theological Seminary and Clark University, now the site of The New Schools at Carver high school
Development of the Southeast Regional Fairgrounds on the site of the city’s first waterworks plant along Lakewood Avenue — streetcar access from Downtown Atlanta enabled subsequent development of public and private housing projects along Pryor Road, then a major artery to and from downtown

One section of Lakewood Heights is Oak Knoll, which was noted in a 1937 meeting between Techwood Homes organizer Charles Forrest Palmer, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, first lady Eleanor Roosevelt and Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau, Jr.. Roosevelt was delighted that private enterprise — backed by guarantees the Federal Housing Administration — could provide good homes at moderate rentals. The conversation about Oak Knoll drew the conclusion that private projects were in fact strengthened by public housing projects serving as a "pace setter", and helped support arguments for a more proactive nationwide public housing policy.[4] The house at 1099 Oak Knoll Drive was featured in a 1938 issue of Life magazine, as it was a Life "model house"; the model kits were available for purchase from retailers around the country.[5]

The neighborhood was home to the Lakewood Fairgrounds which until 1979 had a racetrack, Lakewood Speedway. Now the Hi-Fi Buys (a.k.a. Aaron's) Amphitheater is located on the old fairgrounds
>

Single mothers, low income, older neighborhoods, cities controlled by democrats, and it does appear that race is also part of the bound that appears to be in common with each city.

lol--I'll toss in a little tidbit.

the FB poster that irritates me that lived somewhere in this area/now 'The Queen of Pensacola'/my own title for her--her stepfather was in the Army--a colonel, IIRC. she had a younger brother--now an attorney--must be good--appointed by Bush/Cheney to handle the 'hanging chads'. Clearly they were goal oriented people of some kind --if I had to guess she must have been captain of the cheerleaders--probably a student government officer. Always very perky.

Very Southern --which accounts for their choice of Pensacola --money, money, money--no matter what they tell you. 'Our way of life'--Margaritaville. Very special.

Why does it have to be about race? If you think it is just say it. If I thought it was I would I would say it. I'm leaning towards to many gun restrictions or run by democrats.

Yeah, right.

You don't speak for me son so don't eve try it.
If you think it's about race spit it out and say it.
I still thinks its either failed gun control or democratic run cities.
One or the other.

I'm sure poverty and shitty schools has nothing to do with it.

Most predominantly black neighborhoods have higher crime rates than surrounding areas, with few exceptions.

Most predominantly black neighborhoods are also poorer than surrounding areas and have shittier schools than surrounding areas - but hey, that stuff doesn't lead to to crime - its the color of skin that causes the crime. Clearly.

My fuck you're not only a racist, you're a moron.l

but ok --

```

>

the FB poster that irritates me that lived somewhere in this area/now 'The Queen of Pensacola'/my own title for her--her stepfather was in the Army--a colonel, IIRC. she had a younger brother--now an attorney--must be good--appointed by Bush/Cheney to handle the 'hanging chads'. Clearly they were goal oriented people of some kind --if I had to guess she must have been captain of the cheerleaders--probably a student government officer. Always very perky.

Very Southern --which accounts for their choice of Pensacola --money, money, money--no matter what they tell you. 'Our way of life'--Margaritaville. Very special.

ok that's all well and good but what exactly did that response have to do with what I said?

Yeah, right.

You don't speak for me son so don't eve try it.
If you think it's about race spit it out and say it.
I still thinks its either failed gun control or democratic run cities.
One or the other.

I'm sure poverty and shitty schools has nothing to do with it.

Some of those area schools have had billions of dollars pumped into them. You can't keep putting billions of dollars worth of band-aids to cover up a severed arm and expect to serve.

Most predominantly black neighborhoods have higher crime rates than surrounding areas, with few exceptions.

Most predominantly black neighborhoods are also poorer than surrounding areas and have shittier schools than surrounding areas - but hey, that stuff doesn't lead to to crime - its the color of skin that causes the crime. Clearly.

My fuck you're not only a racist, you're a moron.l
It's not your skin color, it's your attitude.

You don't think that their are white neighborhoods just as bad? I'm not trying to pick on blacks Latinos, Asians or what ever. I am earnestly trying to find the cause and maybe a cure.

What do they have in common or do they have anything in common?

table-426x420.jpg

The poor parts of cities.

In most cities, you need an advanced degree to be able to afford to live there. So people with public education from inner cities don't have a chance in hell of going anywhere. So they end up trapped in the system unable to escape.

but drug dealers have money, so....

ok that's all well and good but what exactly did that response have to do with what I said?

just to indicate that is how communities are shaped---industrial area or rural to begin with--the land must be utilized--Jonesboro is actually the area most associated with Gone With the Wind--before the interstate was constructed--? 1969--somewhere around that--to work in downtown Atlanta about 20 miles away--you would have difficulties--probably some sort of paved roads but you would have had to have enough money to buy a car--after WW2--not everyone had that sort of money.
So --the choices were manufacturing or the military. Sounds like they had a street car system.

whatever went on in other cities--to have any sort of a different life people left the farms in the South. my own parents lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment for 8 years--close to downtown where they worked. I don't think they had a car until I was born.

There are 'pockets'---high crime areas and minutes away stable if modest neighborhoods.
Not for anything would I drive over there. Really, nice, more expensive homes were about 10 minutes away--how that came to be --I don't really know.
Asa Candler's family/Coca Cola was living somewhere around Ponce de Leon near some of my ancestors---no mansions--just plain wooden houses. Farming and commerce were going.

Last edited:
What do they have in common or do they have anything in common?

table-426x420.jpg

The poor parts of cities.

In most cities, you need an advanced degree to be able to afford to live there. So people with public education from inner cities don't have a chance in hell of going anywhere. So they end up trapped in the system unable to escape.

but drug dealers have money, so....

I posted this earlier

I really don't care if the gang bangers kills each other. They are rabid animals.

I really don't care if the gang bangers kills each other. They are rabid animals.

If these big cities had a healthy economy do you think gangs would still be a major problem? If kids had things to do we could weed out the problem.

I know absolutely nothing about Fort MacPherson--i would have to google directions--

apparently located close enough to a railroad at some point in time--

<World War II[edit source]

With the entry of the United States into World War II, soldiers from around the Southeastern United States went through Atlanta to train and later be discharged at Fort McPherson. War-related manufacturing such as the Bell Aircraft factory in the suburb of Marietta helped boost the city's population and economy. Shortly after the war in 1946, the Communicable Disease Center, later called the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was founded in Atlanta from the old Malaria Control in War Areas offices and staff.>

It may now be closed or serves a very limited purpose.

Atlanta--Transportation Hub--that has been said many times.

According to the data chart --this Lakewood area is the worst. I still cannot be certain myself. Somewhere behind GA Tech there are some very rough neighborhoods. hmmph--You should see the area around Dobbins/Marietta---industrial and all sorts of things go on.

That's just how Fulton county was laid out some wierd elongated shape--goes from the airport area --sort of following the Chattahoochee up into Sandy Springs --one of the most affluent and oldest areas of Atlanta. Sandy Springs finally got out of Fulton County.

Forum List

Back