Do you notice how RWs never establish a line on their 2nd amendment rights?

o
You hunt. You live in Canada. They have supermarkets in Canada, don't they? We have a problem here in Yankeeland with gun toting madmen, perhaps you haven't noticed. Some of us yanks have had enough of this gunmania and want to really end that. Repealing the 2nd amendment to the American constitution.
It will never happen. There's way too many non-moonbats in America.

The 2nd A. need not be repealed, for there is some truth to the meme that only then criminals will have guns. Gun Control does not and never has meant a repeal of the 2nd; it means we need to be rational and honestly debate the benefits of gun ownership and the deficits of gun ownership.

and what strategy do you have to take guns out of the hands of criminals? Start with Chicago and come and let us know your strategy. stay away from normal gun owners. the ones who don't do criminal activity with them. ready go.

First, answer this question:

How do members of gangs obtain firearms?

That's easy......1) they steal them....2) they get friends and family to buy them at gun stores....the freinds and family can pass current federal background checks...which means they can pass universal background checks for any private sale.....the Prosecutors do not have any desire to prosecute the baby momma or the grandmother of a gang member who will tell the jury she bought the guns for the gang because they threatened to beat or kill her....

That is how they get the guns.

There is no background check required under federal law for private sales and only a few states require them.

That's the gun show loophole and why universal background checks has been on the table for a long time. 75% of gun owners agree.

States requiring background checks for private sales
Background check by FFL required
All firearms:
California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia New York Nevada Oregon Rhode Island Washington
Handguns: Maryland Pennsylvania

Since handguns are the weapon of choice for criminals, it's not difficult to see how the lax requirements on the private sales has allowed for widespread proliferation.

There's also a nice black market for illegal guns.

Guess what country has citizens who smuggle them into the U.S.? (hint; border wall?)
There sure is and no doubt more than a few opposed to universal background checks make some nice $ flipping guns. Where do you imagine all those guys with tables at gun shows get their inventory?

What you define as reasonable, I define as intrusive, invasive, and restrictive.

Maybe you can tell us, then, why so many Democrat leaders - to include Hillary - have called for the 2nd Amendment to be repealed. (Psst ---- did you see Warren's comments just today?)
Good god. We both know you can’t find any quote from a democrat that has suggested repeal of the 2nd amendment.
I'll give you just one ---- unless, of course, you demand more.

Hillary Clinton:

“The Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment. And I am going to make that case every chance I get.”
PRIVATE EVENT IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK, SEPTEMBER 2015

Aw heck, I'll give you another one as a free bonus:

Elizabeth Warren: “If the Republicans disarm, all is well and good. If they refuse to disarm, we shall disarm them ourselves”

You don't even have to say thank you.

Want more??? You KNOW you don't want me to go into Feinstein or Sanders' history on the 2nd Amendment.
I’m going to need proof Warren actually said that. Can you provide that? I noticed you provided no link. I’m guessing you just don’t have one.

The Hillary quote is completely non-specific. It doesn’t refer to over-turning the amendment. That mostly matters because Hillary has always been a moderate on gun control publically. Gun control was something she barely touched on during the campaign in comparison to other issues.
Tippity tap. Tippity tap.

Just keep tap dancing the night away ---- or, you could do your own damn research.

You tell me just exactly what Supreme Court ruling on guns that Hillary was referring to.
Oh, so the Warren quote was a complete fabrication? Yeah, I figured as much.

I don’t know what that Hillary quote is. It doesn’t matter, however, for two reasons: 1) Because it was never a campaign issue for Hillary. 2) Hillary will say anything to a crowd that is privately recorded. Mitt Romney did the same thing in the 2012 campaign. It’s what politicians do at private events. They say anything to win the vote of the people they are talking to.

Ridiculous.

First, I told you there were many quotes that cite the wish of the left to repeal the 2nd Amendment. Let's start here:

Hillary Clinton Outlines Plan to Abolish the Second Amendment - Breitbart - a Breitbart discussion of a compilation of quotes from Hillary

Proof That Hillary Does Want To Make The Second Amendment Meaningless Forbes Magazine discussion of Hillary's stance on the 2nd Amendment

"“Repeal the Second Amendment. It undergirds every rotten Supreme Court ruling that deprives states and local governments of their jurisdictional rights to regulate firearms as they see fit. While the Founders did not contemplate the Second Amendment as an anti-democracy measure, it is. Without it, guns can be regulated or not, left entirely alone or completely banned and everything in-between. " Tom Hastings Quote of The Day: Repeal The Second Amendment Edition - The Truth About Guns

"It’s absolutely long past time to repeal the Second Amendment. " Huffington Post - Repealing the Second Amendment -- What the Left and Right Have Gotten Wrong | HuffPost

Hillary and Guns Rights - Yes, Hillary Wants to Get Rid of the Second Amendment

"The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans. A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that's what the genesis of the Second Amendment is." - Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Georgia) suggested that NRA opposed President Barack Obama's gun control policies because the organization is racist.

"First of all, (Obama) is a black. And as a black person being the president of the United States, that is something they still cannot get over," Johnson said. 9 Dumbest Gun-Control Quotes from Politicians and Celebrities

"To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens." - Adolf Hitler

"My Proposal to Repeal the Second Amendment " - Michael Moore Michael Moore Calls for Repeal of 'Ancient & Outdated' 2nd Amendment

"Does the threat of tyranny, a legitimate 18th-century concern but an increasingly remote, fanciful possibility in the contemporary United States, trump the grisly, daily reality of gun violence? The answer to each of these questions is no. It is time to face reality. If the American people are to confront this scourge in any meaningful way, then they must change. The Constitution must change. The American people should repeal the Second Amendment." - Repeal the Second Amendment

Gun control after Vegas: What does the 2nd Amendment have to do with it? - A Newsweek article on how the left can circumvent the Second Amendment

Opinion | Repeal the Second Amendment - editorial from the New York Times advocating repeal of the Second Amendment.

Want more??? This took 3 minutes to put together.

Now, as for your patently silly screed that, while Hillary never EXACTLY said 'repeal the 2nd Amendment', it doesn't matter, anyway, because she never made that a key issue on the campaign trail. We know she didn't do that, for one simple reason - it was a loser. The American people have been clear about the 2nd Amendment. None of that, however, negates the impact of the quasi-leader of the "progressive movement" feels it SHOULD be repealed. From her mouth - to your ears.

Elizabeth Warren? She has consistently voted to restrict/deny gun owners rights throughout her career - becoming even more strident over the past couple years, as she feels the anti-gun sentiment in her constituency has increased. She pays lip service to the Second Amendment, all the while chipping away at it. "“The NRA can be defeated and the NRA will be defeated,” the Massachusetts Democrat said during a conference call organized by White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett. “The president has shown that change is possible but it is our job in Congress to show that there are many of us who are willing to fight and that’s how you get sensible gun reforms. We will get it.” - Elizabeth Warren: ‘The NRA Will Be Defeated’ On Gun Control - Breitbart

More Is Elizabeth Warren clueless about gun rights? This sign points to YES

And, even more - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren vows to back gun control measures

Guess what country has citizens who smuggle them into the U.S.? (hint; border wall?)

I wonder how many guns enter our nation in the manner you suggest, compared to the private sales in the US? Do the research and let us know.
why don't you care about the guns in chicago?
Statistics? More guns=more crime.
False ---- but it's okay ---- you're gullible and buy into the leftist rhetoric.

More guns = less crime.

Good god. We both know you can’t find any quote from a democrat that has suggested repeal of the 2nd amendment.

Hillary Clinton:

“The Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment. And I am going to make that case every chance I get.”

Elizabeth Warren: “If the Republicans disarm, all is well and good. If they refuse to disarm, we shall disarm them ourselves”

Want more??? You KNOW you don't want me to go into Feinstein or Sanders' history on the 2nd Amendment.
I’m going to need proof Warren actually said that. Can you provide that? I noticed you provided no link. I’m guessing you just don’t have one.

The Hillary quote is completely non-specific. It doesn’t refer to over-turning the amendment. That mostly matters because Hillary has always been a moderate on gun control publically. Gun control was something she barely touched on during the campaign in comparison to other issues.

Just keep tap dancing the night away ---- or, you could do your own damn research.

You tell me just exactly what Supreme Court ruling on guns that Hillary was referring to.

I don’t know what that Hillary quote is. It doesn’t matter, however, for two reasons: 1) Because it was never a campaign issue for Hillary. 2) Hillary will say anything to a crowd that is privately recorded. Mitt Romney did the same thing in the 2012 campaign. It’s what politicians do at private events. They say anything to win the vote of the people they are talking to.

Ridiculous.

First, I told you there were many quotes that cite the wish of the left to repeal the 2nd Amendment. Let's start here:

Hillary Clinton Outlines Plan to Abolish the Second Amendment - Breitbart - a Breitbart discussion of a compilation of quotes from Hillary

Proof That Hillary Does Want To Make The Second Amendment Meaningless Forbes Magazine discussion of Hillary's stance on the 2nd Amendment

"“Repeal the Second Amendment. It undergirds every rotten Supreme Court ruling that deprives states and local governments of their jurisdictional rights to regulate firearms as they see fit. While the Founders did not contemplate the Second Amendment as an anti-democracy measure, it is. Without it, guns can be regulated or not, left entirely alone or completely banned and everything in-between. " Tom Hastings Quote of The Day: Repeal The Second Amendment Edition - The Truth About Guns

"It’s absolutely long past time to repeal the Second Amendment. " Huffington Post - Repealing the Second Amendment -- What the Left and Right Have Gotten Wrong | HuffPost

"The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans. A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that's what the genesis of the Second Amendment is." - Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Georgia) suggested that NRA opposed President Barack Obama's gun control policies because the organization is racist.

"First of all, (Obama) is a black. And as a black person being the president of the United States, that is something they still cannot get over," Johnson said. 9 Dumbest Gun-Control Quotes from Politicians and Celebrities

"My Proposal to Repeal the Second Amendment " - Michael Moore Michael Moore Calls for Repeal of 'Ancient & Outdated' 2nd Amendment

"Does the threat of tyranny, a legitimate 18th-century concern but an increasingly remote, fanciful possibility in the contemporary United States, trump the grisly, daily reality of gun violence? The answer to each of these questions is no. It is time to face reality. If the American people are to confront this scourge in any meaningful way, then they must change. The Constitution must change. The American people should repeal the Second Amendment." - Repeal the Second Amendment

Gun control after Vegas: What does the 2nd Amendment have to do with it? - A Newsweek article on how the left can circumvent the Second Amendment

Opinion | Repeal the Second Amendment - editorial from the New York Times advocating repeal of the Second Amendment.

Now, as for your patently silly screed that, while Hillary never EXACTLY said 'repeal the 2nd Amendment', it doesn't matter, anyway, because she never made that a key issue on the campaign trail. We know she didn't do that, for one simple reason - it was a loser. The American people have been clear about the 2nd Amendment. None of that, however, negates the impact of the quasi-leader of the "progressive movement" feels it SHOULD be repealed. From her mouth - to your ears.

Elizabeth Warren? She has consistently voted to restrict/deny gun owners rights throughout her career - becoming even more strident over the past couple years, as she feels the anti-gun sentiment in her constituency has increased. She pays lip service to the Second Amendment, all the while chipping away at it. "“The NRA can be defeated and the NRA will be defeated,” the Massachusetts Democrat said during a conference call organized by White House Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett. “The president has shown that change is possible but it is our job in Congress to show that there are many of us who are willing to fight and that’s how you get sensible gun reforms. We will get it.” - Elizabeth Warren: ‘The NRA Will Be Defeated’ On Gun Control - Breitbart

Lol you’re so dumb. I asked for quotes from DEMOCRATS in office who said the 2nd amendment should be repealed. You completely failed in that. Just because youre stupid enough to conflate any discussion on gun control with a proposal to flat out repeal of the 2nd amendment, it doesn’t mean the rest of us are that stupid.

Hillary Clinton:

Ridiculous.

Lol you’re so dumb. I asked for quotes from DEMOCRATS in office who said the 2nd amendment should be repealed. You completely failed in that. Just because youre stupid enough to conflate any discussion on gun control with a proposal to flat out repeal of the 2nd amendment, it doesn’t mean the rest of us are that stupid.

That's it? That's the best you have to offer ---- you're going to hide behind semantics? Grow up.

o

The 2nd A. need not be repealed, for there is some truth to the meme that only then criminals will have guns. Gun Control does not and never has meant a repeal of the 2nd; it means we need to be rational and honestly debate the benefits of gun ownership and the deficits of gun ownership.

and what strategy do you have to take guns out of the hands of criminals? Start with Chicago and come and let us know your strategy. stay away from normal gun owners. the ones who don't do criminal activity with them. ready go.

That's easy......1) they steal them....2) they get friends and family to buy them at gun stores....the freinds and family can pass current federal background checks...which means they can pass universal background checks for any private sale.....the Prosecutors do not have any desire to prosecute the baby momma or the grandmother of a gang member who will tell the jury she bought the guns for the gang because they threatened to beat or kill her....

There is no background check required under federal law for private sales and only a few states require them.

That's the gun show loophole and why universal background checks has been on the table for a long time. 75% of gun owners agree.

All firearms:
California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia New York Nevada Oregon Rhode Island Washington

Since handguns are the weapon of choice for criminals, it's not difficult to see how the lax requirements on the private sales has allowed for widespread proliferation.

Yes....we know....you guys lie about guns shows...we got it. Private sales require no background check no matter where they happen....you can sell your own gun in the parking lot of a gun show......

The criminals do not go through background checks......they get a straw buyer to buy the gun for them....so......if there were universal background checks, their straw buyer would pass that background check too...

What is it about that dynamic that you people fail to grasp?

And as for mass shooters....almost all of them pass current, federally mandated background checks....so......that means they would also pass any background check for a private sale.....

What part of that dynamic do you not understand?

75% of gun owners have no idea about what a universal background check is, and how stupid they are.........if you explain what I just explained, they wouldn't support them....why?

Because I would also say that the only reason numb nuts like you want universal background checks is because after a few years...when criminals keep getting guns with universal checks, and mass shooters keep getting guns with universal checks....

You morons will come back and demand universal gun registration....saying that of course you can't stop criminals and mass shooters with universal background checks...we need universal gun registration....

And that is the key....you need to register the guns before you can get the political muscle to ban the guns...that is how it was done in nazi Germany, in Britain, Australia, Canada, New York, and California....all of those places said that registering guns would make people safer....and it hasn't.......

There sure is and no doubt more than a few opposed to universal background checks make some nice $ flipping guns. Where do you imagine all those guys with tables at gun shows get their inventory?

And if they sell to felons, the felons will snitch them out and they will get caught.....no need for universal background checks because the buyer knows if they can or can't own that gun....and if they can't, we can already arrest them.....under current law.

Universal background checks are pointless...except for leading to registration, then confiscation....

o

All firearms:

Yes....we know....you guys lie about guns shows...we got it. Private sales require no background check no matter where they happen....you can sell your own gun in the parking lot of a gun show......

The criminals do not go through background checks......they get a straw buyer to buy the gun for them....so......if there were universal background checks, their straw buyer would pass that background check too...

And as for mass shooters....almost all of them pass current, federally mandated background checks....so......that means they would also pass any background check for a private sale.....

75% of gun owners have no idea about what a universal background check is, and how stupid they are.........if you explain what I just explained, they wouldn't support them....why?

Because I would also say that the only reason numb nuts like you want universal background checks is because after a few years...when criminals keep getting guns with universal checks, and mass shooters keep getting guns with universal checks....

You morons will come back and demand universal gun registration....saying that of course you can't stop criminals and mass shooters with universal background checks...we need universal gun registration....

And that is the key....you need to register the guns before you can get the political muscle to ban the guns...that is how it was done in nazi Germany, in Britain, Australia, Canada, New York, and California....all of those places said that registering guns would make people safer....and it hasn't.......

Of course you just talked in a circle and said nothing except "yeah but".

Criminals don't even need a straw buyer without background checks, dope.
Apparently you need straw men though.

And if they sell to felons, the felons will snitch them out and they will get caught.....no need for universal background checks because the buyer knows if they can or can't own that gun....and if they can't, we can already arrest them.....under current law.

Universal background checks are pointless...except for leading to registration, then confiscation....

Of course that's just nonsense.
I expected more from the guy who fancies himself the forum gun arguer.

o

All firearms:

And with background checks they still get guns....and you didn't address the fact that if they get past the federal, mandated background checks easily, they would get past private sale background checks just as easily......

All firearms:

And with background checks they still get guns....and you didn't address the fact that if they get past the federal, mandated background checks easily, they would get past private sale background checks just as easily......
And with background checks they still get guns.

Right. Just far fewer though, dope.

and you didn't address the fact that if they get past the federal, mandated background checks easily, they would get past private sale background checks just as easily......

There are only federally mandated checks on licensed dealers. Are you honestly trying to tell me that criminals get their guns from dealers rather than guys advertising online?
They don't need straw buyers, dope. They can buy from any guy willing to sell to them without a check.

We're getting machine guns for felons and children. Y'all can fuck off.
:banana:

I hope more people die and we still do NOTHING, just to piss you fuckers off.
:lol:

o

All firearms:

That's for long guns such as rifles & shotguns. Not for handguns which by & large have to go through an FFL. Stop obfuscating the truth. There are over 20,000 gun laws nation wide.

And incidentally straw man purchases are already illegal. It's a federal felony.

"Soldiers of Fortune", cashing in on some, "deferred payments"?

Forum List

Back