Do you notice how RWs never establish a line on their 2nd amendment rights?

There's also a nice black market for illegal guns.

Guess what country has citizens who smuggle them into the U.S.? (hint; border wall?)

I wonder how many guns enter our nation in the manner you suggest, compared to the private sales in the US? Do the research and let us know.
why don't you care about the guns in chicago?
Statistics? More guns=more crime.
False ---- but it's okay ---- you're gullible and buy into the leftist rhetoric.

More guns = less crime.
Where? You seem to be illegal to the law of large numbers.

almost makes me want to become, a gun lover.

Come to the dark side ... this is all the other side can offer you...

344617-plusieurs-militants-pro-palestiniens-participe.jpg
Full body massage with happy ending and g-spot focus work, is my happy camper policy; i may never come back.

That's easy......1) they steal them....2) they get friends and family to buy them at gun stores....the freinds and family can pass current federal background checks...which means they can pass universal background checks for any private sale.....the Prosecutors do not have any desire to prosecute the baby momma or the grandmother of a gang member who will tell the jury she bought the guns for the gang because they threatened to beat or kill her....

That is how they get the guns.

There is no background check required under federal law for private sales and only a few states require them.

That's the gun show loophole and why universal background checks has been on the table for a long time. 75% of gun owners agree.

States requiring background checks for private sales
Background check by FFL required
All firearms:
California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia New York Nevada Oregon Rhode Island Washington
Handguns: Maryland Pennsylvania

Since handguns are the weapon of choice for criminals, it's not difficult to see how the lax requirements on the private sales has allowed for widespread proliferation.

Yes....we know....you guys lie about guns shows...we got it. Private sales require no background check no matter where they happen....you can sell your own gun in the parking lot of a gun show......

The criminals do not go through background checks......they get a straw buyer to buy the gun for them....so......if there were universal background checks, their straw buyer would pass that background check too...

What is it about that dynamic that you people fail to grasp?

And as for mass shooters....almost all of them pass current, federally mandated background checks....so......that means they would also pass any background check for a private sale.....

What part of that dynamic do you not understand?

75% of gun owners have no idea about what a universal background check is, and how stupid they are.........if you explain what I just explained, they wouldn't support them....why?

Because I would also say that the only reason numb nuts like you want universal background checks is because after a few years...when criminals keep getting guns with universal checks, and mass shooters keep getting guns with universal checks....

You morons will come back and demand universal gun registration....saying that of course you can't stop criminals and mass shooters with universal background checks...we need universal gun registration....

And that is the key....you need to register the guns before you can get the political muscle to ban the guns...that is how it was done in nazi Germany, in Britain, Australia, Canada, New York, and California....all of those places said that registering guns would make people safer....and it hasn't.......

Of course you just talked in a circle and said nothing except "yeah but".

The criminals do not go through background checks......they get a straw buyer to buy the gun for them....so......if there were universal background checks, their straw buyer would pass that background check too...

Criminals don't even need a straw buyer without background checks, dope.
Apparently you need straw men though.

And with background checks they still get guns....and you didn't address the fact that if they get past the federal, mandated background checks easily, they would get past private sale background checks just as easily......
And with background checks they still get guns.

Right. Just far fewer though, dope.

and you didn't address the fact that if they get past the federal, mandated background checks easily, they would get past private sale background checks just as easily......

There are only federally mandated checks on licensed dealers. Are you honestly trying to tell me that criminals get their guns from dealers rather than guys advertising online?
They don't need straw buyers, dope. They can buy from any guy willing to sell to them without a check.

No...not far fewer.....the shooters in Chicago, Baltimore, D.C. and all the other democrat shooting galleries are not going through any background checks to get their guns....

And how is mandating a background check for a private sale going to stop someone who is willing to break the law to sell guns to gang members? And how is a background check for a private sale going to stop a straw buyer who can pass the background check in the first place?

Are you this stupid in real life, or do you just pretend to be this stupid when you post?

That's easy......1) they steal them....2) they get friends and family to buy them at gun stores....the freinds and family can pass current federal background checks...which means they can pass universal background checks for any private sale.....the Prosecutors do not have any desire to prosecute the baby momma or the grandmother of a gang member who will tell the jury she bought the guns for the gang because they threatened to beat or kill her....

That is how they get the guns.

There is no background check required under federal law for private sales and only a few states require them.

That's the gun show loophole and why universal background checks has been on the table for a long time. 75% of gun owners agree.

States requiring background checks for private sales
Background check by FFL required
All firearms:
California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia New York Nevada Oregon Rhode Island Washington
Handguns: Maryland Pennsylvania

Since handguns are the weapon of choice for criminals, it's not difficult to see how the lax requirements on the private sales has allowed for widespread proliferation.

Yes....we know....you guys lie about guns shows...we got it. Private sales require no background check no matter where they happen....you can sell your own gun in the parking lot of a gun show......

What is it about that dynamic that you people fail to grasp?

And as for mass shooters....almost all of them pass current, federally mandated background checks....so......that means they would also pass any background check for a private sale.....

What part of that dynamic do you not understand?

75% of gun owners have no idea about what a universal background check is, and how stupid they are.........if you explain what I just explained, they wouldn't support them....why?

Because I would also say that the only reason numb nuts like you want universal background checks is because after a few years...when criminals keep getting guns with universal checks, and mass shooters keep getting guns with universal checks....

You morons will come back and demand universal gun registration....saying that of course you can't stop criminals and mass shooters with universal background checks...we need universal gun registration....

And that is the key....you need to register the guns before you can get the political muscle to ban the guns...that is how it was done in nazi Germany, in Britain, Australia, Canada, New York, and California....all of those places said that registering guns would make people safer....and it hasn't.......

Of course you just talked in a circle and said nothing except "yeah but".

Criminals don't even need a straw buyer without background checks, dope.
Apparently you need straw men though.

And with background checks they still get guns....and you didn't address the fact that if they get past the federal, mandated background checks easily, they would get past private sale background checks just as easily......
And with background checks they still get guns.

Right. Just far fewer though, dope.

and you didn't address the fact that if they get past the federal, mandated background checks easily, they would get past private sale background checks just as easily......

There are only federally mandated checks on licensed dealers. Are you honestly trying to tell me that criminals get their guns from dealers rather than guys advertising online?
They don't need straw buyers, dope. They can buy from any guy willing to sell to them without a check.

Yes....they get their guns from licensed dealers going through friends, family and baby mommas who pass the mandatory federal background check and then give or sell the guns to criminals.....actual research shows that gun shows are 1-2% of all crime guns...so no, gun shows are not the problem...and even if you mandate background checks for private sales...they will still get those guns through straw buyers....

And of course, they steal the guns......

Guess what country has citizens who smuggle them into the U.S.? (hint; border wall?)

I wonder how many guns enter our nation in the manner you suggest, compared to the private sales in the US? Do the research and let us know.
False ---- but it's okay ---- you're gullible and buy into the leftist rhetoric.

More guns = less crime.
Think not? Prove your case ... and then, I'll prove mine.

(Psst --- I don't expect to hear from you again)

More guns = less crime.

More guns = less crime.
Oh?

It would appear you don't KNOW the law of large numbers. It is not applicable in the context you're trying to shoehorn it into.

More guns = less crime.

More guns = less crime.
Oh?

It would appear you don't KNOW the law of large numbers. It is not applicable in the context you're trying to shoehorn it into.
Yes, it does. You are simply, clueless and Causeless.

RWs have a child-like fantasy when it comes to guns. They delude themselves into dreaming of one day being an armed hero. This can range from taking down a home intruder to shooting fascist thugs trying to steal their liberty! The truth of the matter is that when it comes to pulling the trigger, many wouid puss out in such situations. The idea of it just gives them the feels so they insist on no gun control whatsoever.

Of course, what question they can’t answer is where they draw the line.

Do they want ANYONE to be able to carry fully automatic weapons anywhere, anytime? If that hypothetical is answered as a “no”, then what does that say about their 2nd amendment rights? It’s fallacious thinking, but these are republicans afterall.

You have a fallacy in your argument. Many moderates and leftist own guns. It is not about being a hero it is about protecting one’s family.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

RWs have a child-like fantasy when it comes to guns. They delude themselves into dreaming of one day being an armed hero. This can range from taking down a home intruder to shooting fascist thugs trying to steal their liberty! The truth of the matter is that when it comes to pulling the trigger, many wouid puss out in such situations. The idea of it just gives them the feels so they insist on no gun control whatsoever.

Do they want ANYONE to be able to carry fully automatic weapons anywhere, anytime? If that hypothetical is answered as a “no”, then what does that say about their 2nd amendment rights? It’s fallacious thinking, but these are republicans afterall.

You have a fallacy in your argument. Many moderates and leftist own guns. It is not about being a hero it is about protecting one’s family.

The right subscribes to the common Offense and the general Warfare instead of the common Defense and the general Welfare.

We have a Second Amendment; why do we have security problems in our free States?

More guns = less crime.

More guns = less crime.
Oh?

Could you, perhaps, explain how the Law of Large Numbers applies to gun control? Enlighten us ...

More guns = less crime.

More guns = less crime.
Oh?

Could you, perhaps, explain how the Law of Large Numbers applies to gun control? Enlighten us ...
Averages.

I fucking hunt. I hunt. When I lived in Tennessee I fucking hunted. I'm in Canada now. I FUCKING HUNT MY FOOD.

FUCK OFF.

Sure you do. You hunt for all your food. HA!

I fucking hunt. I hunt. When I lived in Tennessee I fucking hunted. I'm in Canada now. I FUCKING HUNT MY FOOD.

FUCK OFF.

Sure you do. You hunt for all your food. HA!

I never said we did.

We hunt for deer, we fish, we garden but hamstrung by a short growing season and we put up as much as we can. Clean living. We prefer to get our "meat" ourselves rather than relying on an assassin.

My fave gun owning liberal group? First heard a rep on Gun Talk...I love love love these guys.

Pink Pistols

Pick On Someone Your Own Caliber

Pink Pistols

More guns = less crime.

More guns = less crime.
Oh?

Averages.

Proof you don't even understand the Law of Large Numbers. Did you sleep in that day? Missed class because you were sitting in your safe place eating yogurt. The LLN has absolutely nothing to do with averages.

I'll try to make it simple - the LLN simply says that as the sample increases, the probability of an occurrence will move closer to the reality of occurrence. For example, if we know that 1 out of every 2 million people have diamonds inserted in their rectums, as the sample grows, the probability of that occurring within our sample increases accordingly. Therefore, if we were to sample 350 million people, the probability that one of them have diamonds in their rectum approaches virtual certainty.

Based on that, I have only two questions ----

1) Do the diamonds hurt?
2) What the hell does that have to do with gun control?

Oh?

Averages.

Proof you don't even understand the Law of Large Numbers. Did you sleep in that day? Missed class because you were sitting in your safe place eating yogurt. The LLN has absolutely nothing to do with averages.

I'll try to make it simple - the LLN simply says that as the sample increases, the probability of an occurrence will move closer to the reality of occurrence. For example, if we know that 1 out of every 2 million people have diamonds inserted in their rectums, as the sample grows, the probability of that occurring within our sample increases accordingly. Therefore, if we were to sample 350 million people, the probability that one of them have diamonds in their rectum approaches virtual certainty.

Based on that, I have only two questions ----

1) Do the diamonds hurt?
2) What the hell does that have to do with gun control?
More guns=more crime.

Forum List

Back