Do You Smoke Pot/Weed?

Do you smoke Pot/Weed?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • I used to

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I tried it once or twice. Got nothing out of it.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
How did the Feds determine this? I have a hard time believing this.

Lol. What do you mean, you don't believe it? Well sorry about that.

FDA approves abuse-deterrent labeling for reformulated OxyContin

That's correct, I don't believe it. They just declared that snortin' it don't get you high? I don't believe that. I also don't believe that the general addictive nature of the drug can be altered without changing the chemical structure of the drug...which your "information" doesn't mention. I'm calling shenanigans.

Lol. No. It was stated that the newer formula was more difficult to crush and therefore more difficult to be abused by snorting it. :)

So it takes 2 minutes instead of 1 minute to crush it? It's an addictive drug.

I don't disagree. My point was that the drug is so widely abused that measures have been taken to "lessen" the chances that it is abused by the FDA and the pharmaceutical companies themselves. Though meaningless as they might be.

To me the difficult issue is balancing the potential for abuse- with adequately medicating for pain.

I know someone who get severe migraines- and when the sumatriptains work- they work great- but when they don't- nasty, nasty.

But doctors are very reluctant to prescribe powerful painkillers for what is both chronic- and largely unpredictable. Marijuana in those cases frankly is easier to obtain than powerful enough pain killers and tends towards less abuse. Doesn't eliminate the pain but makes the pain more tolerable, and eliminates the nausea from the migraines.

Anyways, I'm not against legalization of MJ. If people want to be dopey, then more power to them! I don't really consider it any worse than smoking cigarettes or drinking (in fact, less destructive than drinking, I'm sure!). There certainly ARE some substances that should definitely be controlled/regulated though. It's not always just themselves that they hurt when under the influence of heavy duty drugs.

You're fun at parties eh?

I don't like being all messed up. I don't really consider that to be "fun." While I might think I'm having fun in the moment, I'm old enough to know better. ;) I like dancing though.

You know what is REALLY fun, sitting back and watching all the other people act like idiots! :D Now that's funny stuff sometimes. Other times, just pathetic and sad though.

Lol. What do you mean, you don't believe it? Well sorry about that.

FDA approves abuse-deterrent labeling for reformulated OxyContin

That's correct, I don't believe it. They just declared that snortin' it don't get you high? I don't believe that. I also don't believe that the general addictive nature of the drug can be altered without changing the chemical structure of the drug...which your "information" doesn't mention. I'm calling shenanigans.

Lol. No. It was stated that the newer formula was more difficult to crush and therefore more difficult to be abused by snorting it. :)

So it takes 2 minutes instead of 1 minute to crush it? It's an addictive drug.

I don't disagree. My point was that the drug is so widely abused that measures have been taken to "lessen" the chances that it is abused by the FDA and the pharmaceutical companies themselves. Though meaningless as they might be.

To me the difficult issue is balancing the potential for abuse- with adequately medicating for pain.

I know someone who get severe migraines- and when the sumatriptains work- they work great- but when they don't- nasty, nasty.

But doctors are very reluctant to prescribe powerful painkillers for what is both chronic- and largely unpredictable. Marijuana in those cases frankly is easier to obtain than powerful enough pain killers and tends towards less abuse. Doesn't eliminate the pain but makes the pain more tolerable, and eliminates the nausea from the migraines.

I don't have any problems with marijuana being legalized for recreation purposes either.

It's also useful as an appetite stimulant for people undergoing chemo who are sick all the time.

Anyways, I'm not against legalization of MJ. If people want to be dopey, then more power to them! I don't really consider it any worse than smoking cigarettes or drinking (in fact, less destructive than drinking, I'm sure!). There certainly ARE some substances that should definitely be controlled/regulated though. It's not always just themselves that they hurt when under the influence of heavy duty drugs.

I don't like being all messed up. I don't really consider that to be "fun." While I might think I'm having fun in the moment, I'm old enough to know better. ;) I like dancing though.

You know what is REALLY fun, sitting back and watching all the other people act like idiots! :D Now that's funny stuff sometimes. Other times, just pathetic and sad though.

I agree with you. Some people shouldn't drink or smoke because it isn't good for them. The good thing about getting old is people stop judging you for not being irresponsible. Maybe some day I'll be one of those responsible people :)

I agree with you. Some people shouldn't drink or smoke because it isn't good for them. The good thing about getting old is people stop judging you for not being irresponsible. Maybe some day I'll be one of those responsible people :)

How old are you?

How old are you?

Oh, never mind. I just looked at your profile. :)

I smoked weed before when I was a teenager/early 20s. No big deal. First time was rather interesting though. LOL.

Weed is alright but if you really want an experience you want LSD.

I tried acid and mescaline when I was in high school. I didn't really like it much though. Weird, I've never tried mushrooms. Lol. Just too gross, if you know what I mean. :D

Oh, never mind. I just looked at your profile. :)

I bet you're the first one.

I know a lot of people who think the way you do. They like to go out and have a good time but they don't get crazy and they really like watching other people make fools of themselves.

oh... he's a rookie. How long will it take... .I say maybe 10 days...

I smoked weed before when I was a teenager/early 20s. No big deal. First time was rather interesting though. LOL.

Weed is alright but if you really want an experience you want LSD.

I tried acid and mescaline when I was in high school. I didn't really like it much though. Weird, I've never tried mushrooms. Lol. Just too gross, if you know what I mean. :D

Some people are cool with acid, some aren't. You're a narc, that's alright by me I won't hold it against you.

Forum List

Back