Do you Social Security fearmongers realize you can't get something for nothing?

This has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard anyone say about physics. No, sorry moron, you're not exempt from Newton's first law. When you are walking and change directions, your feet exert a force on the Earth in the opposite direction you wish to turn and the Earth exerts a force exactly equal but opposite in magnitude. I sure hope you aren't opposed to funding high school physics better because you're clear proof that the system has failed.

That is Newton's second law, not the first. I thought you said you were a physicist.

The only things which are exempt from Newton's laws are 1) very fast things 2) extremely heavy things and 3) very tiny things. Sorry, but the entirety of the rest of the entire fucking UNIVERSE is subject to Newton.

Newton's laws only work an inertial frame of reference, not a non inertial frame. That frame of reference is the one we happen to exist in, so Newton's laws are widely applicable, but that does not make them applicable to the entire universe.

I am paying you more than you think it is worth.
The mere act of accepting the higher pay increases the market value. If I buy X at an auction and I'm prepared to pay Y for it but I wind up getting it for Y - dY - what is the price of X at that moment in time, Y, or Y - dY?

People get raises all the time, there is no corresponding decrease in pay for everyone else.
Higher incomes ultimately require a higher money supply, and every dollar of money that is created is balanced by the exact same amount of debt.

:confused:

First, WTF?

How is every dollar created balanced by an equal amount of debt?

Second, how the fuck do we create dollars on the first place?

I am paying you more than you think it is worth.
The mere act of accepting the higher pay increases the market value. If I buy X at an auction and I'm prepared to pay Y for it but I wind up getting it for Y - dY - what is the price of X at that moment in time, Y, or Y - dY?

People get raises all the time, there is no corresponding decrease in pay for everyone else.
Higher incomes ultimately require a higher money supply, and every dollar of money that is created is balanced by the exact same amount of debt.

First, WTF?

You could be the FED Reserve and just print it...

This has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard anyone say about physics. No, sorry moron, you're not exempt from Newton's first law. When you are walking and change directions, your feet exert a force on the Earth in the opposite direction you wish to turn and the Earth exerts a force exactly equal but opposite in magnitude. I sure hope you aren't opposed to funding high school physics better because you're clear proof that the system has failed.

That is Newton's second law, not the first. I thought you said you were a physicist.

Your velocity doesn't remain constant because you are acted on by outside frictional forces, in addition to gravity, fool. I can assure you, you are subject to the laws of physics.

Newton's laws only work an inertial frame of reference, not a non inertial frame.

Newton's laws can be transformed into a non-inertial frame by the appropriate addition of fictitious forces, for example, the Coriolis force in a rotating frame.

That frame of reference is the one we happen to exist in, so Newton's laws are widely applicable, but that does not make them applicable to the entire universe.

I didn't say they applied to everything w/o exception. They apply to everything everywhere except 1) things with a lot of gravity 2) things moving fast and 3) very tiny things.

General Welfare Clause doesn't mean what you think it does. it doesn't mean supporting people that don't know how to exercise thier liberty and fail and others have to pay for thier failure.

I'm not really sure what you're babbling about exactly, but the courts have adopted Hamilton's interpretation of the general welfare clause, and it most certainly allows the Congress to fund pensions .
Try the EU or the Soviet. You may subscribe to them anytime you like. It requires that YOU relinquish your American status and move there.

You have no fucking clue.

Wow. What can I say to that? Wolverines!!!!
As a matter of course you don't know what I am speaking of. THAT has been evident with every post yous have made in this entire thread.

No surprise.

Dude, seriously? When the Fed creates dollars in open market operations, they buy debt. If they buy $1 of debt for a $1 in money, that $1 of debt they now own is balance by the $1 they paid for it that is now in circulation. When money is created by banks, they take deposits, and loan out the cash - leaving behind debt. The money they loan out is new money, but its balanced by the debt owed by it. All of money is essentially loaned into existence. There's a little gold on deposit at the Fed but not much, most of the assets are debt obligations. Even the Fed's gold is technically gold certificates - documents stating the Fed has ownership of gold on deposit at the Treasury - essentially, debt obligations denoniminated in troy oz. instead of $.

Last edited:
General Welfare Clause doesn't mean what you think it does. it doesn't mean supporting people that don't know how to exercise thier liberty and fail and others have to pay for thier failure.

I'm not really sure what you're babbling about exactly, but the courts have adopted Hamilton's interpretation of the general welfare clause, and it most certainly allows the Congress to fund pensions .
Try the EU or the Soviet. You may subscribe to them anytime you like. It requires that YOU relinquish your American status and move there.

You have no fucking clue.

Wow. What can I say to that? Wolverines!!!!
As a matter of course you don't know what I am speaking of. THAT has been evident with every post yous have made in this entire thread.

No surprise.

You asked a question, I answers it. Now fuck off.

Since I've been paying into this thing for over 40 years by mandate, I wouldn't exactly say that I am expecting something for nothing. I am actually expecting a return on my forced investment.

First, WTF?

The Fed doesn't "just print" money, they have to either a) buy securities with it or b) loan it to a bank which has sufficient collateral to pledge.

If the Fed takes $1 and buys a $1 T-Note with it - the supply of T-Notes in the market has gone down and the supply of dollars has gone up - but the net exchange is zero.

Since I've been paying into this thing for over 40 years by mandate, I wouldn't exactly say that I am expecting something for nothing. I am actually expecting a return on my forced investment.

I would hope so.

You'll have to live long enough to collect though. That's the gamble - the insurance aspect of it. If you live 50 years after you retire - you'll get back way more than you paid in - if you die before you retire, you get nothing.

First, WTF?

The Fed doesn't "just print" money, they have to either a) buy securities with it or b) loan it to a bank which has sufficient collateral to pledge.

If the Fed takes $1 and buys a $1 T-Note with it - the supply of T-Notes in the market has gone down and the supply of dollars has gone up - but the net exchange is zero.

I'll take what is QE 1 and II for $1,000 Alex...

The FED should be abolished.

Newton's laws only work an inertial frame of reference, not a non inertial frame.
Newton's laws can be transformed into a non-inertial frame by the appropriate addition of fictitious forces, for example, the Coriolis force in a rotating frame.

Fictitious forces are not real, they are only what we perceive to happen because we are stuck in a Newtonian reference frame.

That frame of reference is the one we happen to exist in, so Newton's laws are widely applicable, but that does not make them applicable to the entire universe.
I didn't say they applied to everything w/o exception. They apply to everything everywhere except 1) things with a lot of gravity 2) things moving fast and 3) very tiny things.

Or things that happen outside an inertial frame of reference.

Dude, seriously? When the Fed creates dollars in open market operations, they buy debt. If they buy $1 of debt for a $1 in money, that $1 of debt they now own is balance by the $1 they paid for it that is now in circulation. When money is created by banks, they take deposits, and loan out the cash - leaving behind debt. The money they loan out is new money, but its balanced by the debt owed by it. All of money is essentially loaned into existence. There's a little gold on deposit at the Fed but not much, most of the assets are debt obligations. Even the Fed's gold is technically gold certificates - documents stating the Fed has ownership of gold on deposit at the Treasury - essentially, debt obligations denoniminated in troy oz. instead of $.

I see the problem, you are confusing the concept of money with the physical reality of printed bills and minted coins. There are actually more dollars in circulation than there are dollar bills.

On top of that you are somehow thinking that assets and debts are the same thing. When the fed puts a dollar into circulation it requires that its member banks have assets that are equal to that amount available. That is not debt though, so I am at a loss to figure out how you jump to them buying debt with it. When the fed wants to "create" more money they expand their balance sheets by obtaining more assets.

First, WTF?

The fed does not print money at all.

I see the problem, you are confusing the concept of money with the physical reality of printed bills and minted coins.
No, I'm not.
There are actually more dollars in circulation than there are dollar bills.
Wow? Really? Honestly, I had no idea! No way dude!!!!

On top of that you are somehow thinking that assets and debts are the same thing.
Somehow without even knowing that's what I was thinking, apparently.

When the fed puts a dollar into circulation it requires that its member banks have assets that are equal to that amount available.

Or it requires a dollars worth of securities. Its all the same whether they take nominal possession or whether they have it as collateral.
That is not debt thugh, so I am at a loss to figure out how you jump to them buying debt with it.
Do you think the Fed just gives banks money for nothing? THEY HAVE TO PAY IT BACK. That's called a debt.

When the fed wants to "create" more money they expand their balance sheets by obtaining more assets.
They buy debt obligations. Every dollar in the money supply is backed by a dollar of debt.

The fed does not print money at all.

The phrase "printing money" is a figurative phrase. I'm surprised you don't know that.

One fed operation is about as close to printing money as you can get - buying foreign currency.

Fictitious forces are not real, they are only what we perceive to happen because we are stuck in a Newtonian reference frame.

Fictitious forces are obtained by applying Newton's laws in an inertial frame and then transforming into a non-inertial frame. Newton's laws still apply. They've merely been transformed into another frame.

Or things that happen outside an inertial frame of reference.

Non-inertial frames by definition are not free of external forces. If you say the law "All bodies travel at constant velocity unless acted on by an external force" does not apply in a non-inertial frame, essentially, all you are saying is "All bodies travel at constant velocity unless acted on by an external force, except when they are acted on by an external force."

I'll take what is QE 1 and II for $1,000 Alex...

They Fed bought treasuries and mortgages.

The FED should be abolished.

And replaced with what exactly?

Forum List

Back