Do you Support a Constitutional Amendment to Forbid Birthright Citizenship to Children of Illegals?

Do you Support a Constitutional Amendment to Forbid Birthright Citizenship to Children of Illegals?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
If children aren't supposed to pay for the choices of their parents, why should my children do with less and pay for the choices of some other kid's parents?

It's not greedy to want to keep what I've earned but it is to expect to get a portion of mine if you didn't earn it.

So now you are advocating child labor for immigrant children? :eek:

You really are clueless as to how you come across as being selfish and greedy.

If children aren't supposed to pay for the choices of their parents, why should my children do with less and pay for the choices of some other kid's parents?

It's not greedy to want to keep what I've earned but it is to expect to get a portion of mine if you didn't earn it.

I'm advocating people support their own kids. Since I do with what I earn, that keeps me from being greedy. However, those that senna I support their kids are since they expect something they didn't earn be handed to them.

I'm advocating people support their own kids. Since I do with what I earn, that keeps me from being greedy. However, those that senna I support their kids are since they expect something they didn't earn be handed to them.

:dig:

Such an 'amendment' would be repugnant to our fundamental tenets of law and justice where children are not subject to punitive measures as a consequence of their parents' bad acts.

If parent(s) can't financially support their own kids, the taxpayers have to do it. Being that I'm a taxpayer, any money taken from me is money I can't provide to my kids. Why should my children do with less for the situations of those adults?

Yet another selfish greed obsessed post from someone which zero compassion or empathy for children.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

That the Constitution prohibits punitive measures against children for the bad acts of a parent has nothing whatsoever to do with your subjective and errant perception that the prohibition manifests as a ‘disadvantage’ to your children.

You’re ignorant of the law and have an unwarranted fear of immigrants, rendering your ‘arguments’ devoid of merit.

Such an 'amendment' would be repugnant to our fundamental tenets of law and justice where children are not subject to punitive measures as a consequence of their parents' bad acts.

If parent(s) can't financially support their own kids, the taxpayers have to do it. Being that I'm a taxpayer, any money taken from me is money I can't provide to my kids. Why should my children do with less for the situations of those adults?

Yet another selfish greed obsessed post from someone which zero compassion or empathy for children.

That the Constitution prohibits punitive measures against children for the bad acts of a parent has nothing whatsoever to do with your subjective and errant perception that the prohibition manifests as a ‘disadvantage’ to your children.

You’re ignorant of the law and have an unwarranted fear of immigrants, rendering your ‘arguments’ devoid of merit.

How is it punishment for children of illegal aliens to gain the citizenship of their parent's country? "Immigrants"? These illegal aliens aren't immigrants in the true sense of the law. We have nothing against "immigrants" that come here legally. So stuff you sheet.

How is it punishment for children of illegal aliens to gain the citizenship of their parent's country?

They have American birth certificates. How are you going to deport American born children to a nation that doesn't recognize them as "citizens"?

How is it punishment for children of illegal aliens to gain the citizenship of their parent's country? "Immigrants"? These illegal aliens aren't immigrants in the true sense of the law. We have nothing against "immigrants" that come here legally. So stuff you sheet.
Because children aren’t responsible for their parents’ actions, minor children are subject to the care and control of their parents. And clearly a child who hasn’t been born yet can’t be held responsible because his undocumented mother gave birth to that child in the United States.

That’s why all persons born in the Unite States are citizens of the United States, in accordance with the 14th Amendment, to safeguard citizens’ civil liberties from the partisan whims of those hostile to immigrants.

Opposition to citizenship at birth is completely devoid of Constitutional and legal merit, motivated by bigotry toward Hispanics and other ethnic minorities, as it’s incorrectly perceived to be an ‘incentive’ to further immigration.

That this even has to be explained at all is sad and telling.

I have no desire to create a Constitutional Amendment addressing birth rights of children born in the United States ... It won't stop illegal immigration.

Can we possibly add a balanced budget amendment instead? Maybe requiring Congress to actually pass a balanced budget every two years ... And suspending all Congressional payroll, services and pensions if the bill is not passed until they do get one signed by the President?

"Do you Support a Constitutional Amendment to Forbid Birthright Citizenship to Children of Illegals?"

What's remarkable is that there are those so consumed with hatred that they'd propose such idiocy.
is there another nation that allows children of illegal aliens automatic citizenship? Doesn't seem right ot me C_Clayton_Jones

There are 1000's going about it the legal way and waiting their turn.

What'

Because children aren’t responsible for their parents’ actions, minor children are subject to the care and control of their parents. And clearly a child who hasn’t been born yet can’t be held responsible because his undocumented mother gave birth to that child in the United States.

That’s why all persons born in the Unite States are citizens of the United States, in accordance with the 14th Amendment, to safeguard citizens’ civil liberties from the partisan whims of those hostile to immigrants.

Opposition to citizenship at birth is completely devoid of Constitutional and legal merit, motivated by bigotry toward Hispanics and other ethnic minorities, as it’s incorrectly perceived to be an ‘incentive’ to further immigration.

That this even has to be explained at all is sad and telling.
what's sad is the traitors who are willing to give citizenship as a sole result of a crime.

Yet you don't mind my children having less so some piece of shit's kids are supported.

I don't fear legal immigrants but I despise illegal ones and the shitheads they squirt out. I also despise traitors like you that think they should stay. That makes your existence without merit.

I would support an amendment that would divest a person of citizenship who supported such an action as suggested. by Publius.

This is ignorant and makes no sense.

The 14th Amendment would first need to be repealed, which would be unmitigated insanity. The 14th Amendment acknowledges the fundamental rights of all persons in the United States, it safeguards those rights from capricious majorities hostile to minority classes of persons, and prohibits politicians and bureaucrats from deciding who is or is not a citizen motivated by purely partisan reasons.

We do not want politicians and bureaucrats deciding who will or will not have his civil liberties.[/QUOTE

Can the child of a bank robber keep the loot?

Yet you don't mind my children having less so some piece of shit's kids are supported.

I don't fear legal immigrants but I despise illegal ones and the shitheads they squirt out. I also despise traitors like you that think they should stay. That makes your existence without merit.
"The children" long ago replaced "patriotism" as the last refuge of scoundrels.

I support the concept but an amendment is not needed. What needs to happen is the 14th amendment being misused to do that has to stop. The clause in the 14th that has been misused for that purpose, has served it's purpose and it was to overrule the Dred Scott decision which considered blacks as property rather than people. Perhaps those who misuse the 14th should try and get one passed to say that simply being born here gives citizenship even if the parents are illegal.
The 14th should be repealed.

It is an abomination.

How is it punishment for children of illegal aliens to gain the citizenship of their parent's country?

They have American birth certificates. How are you going to deport American born children to a nation that doesn't recognize them as "citizens"?

Who said anything about deporting them? However, their parents should be deported and minor children belong with their parents. Mexico allows dual citizenship.

I have no desire to create a Constitutional Amendment addressing birth rights of children born in the United States ... It won't stop illegal immigration.

Can we possibly add a balanced budget amendment instead? Maybe requiring Congress to actually pass a balanced budget every two years ... And suspending all Congressional payroll, services and pensions if the bill is not passed until they do get one signed by the President?

The combination of removing birthright citizenship for their kids, denying benefits to illegal aliens and the removing the job incentives would absolutely cut illegal immigration way back.

The 14th is the bedrock of modern America.

Those who oppose it should be sent to FEMA camps.

Bedrock? LOL! There has never been clarification by the Supreme Court about this travesty of giving children of illegal aliens birthright citizenship and that was not the writer's of the 14th intent. At any rate many countries have changed their birthright citizenship qualification so that at least one parent has to be a citizen of their country.
Those who wish to give our citizenship away to the spawn of illegal aliens who's parents had no respect for our immigration laws and use it to suck our coffers dry are stinking traitors to this country.

The combination of removing birthright citizenship for their kids, denying benefits to illegal aliens and the removing the job incentives would absolutely cut illegal immigration way back.

Maybe ... But alone the amendment proposed wouldn't stop illegal immigrants. Refusal to deport and facilitating work permits for those here certainly won't stem the desire of more to follow.

If given the choice though ... I would prefer Congress started dealing with more pressing issues, do their job as required by law ... And stop jumping through immigration hoops defined by Progressive Liberals.

It isn't like I don't understand that would be kicking the immigration can down the street ... I just think there is a more important can that needs to be dealt with. Fighting over the lesser of two evils is not a priority when there is another threat present that requires more attention immediately.

If Republicans want to keep walking into the wall the President is building in front of them ... Well, I think that would be foolish. They will hold both the House and Senate as well as the ability to pass legislation. They need to start taking care of business ... And if the President wants to walk off a cliff fighting them ... They shouldn't try to stop him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back