Do you support minimum basic income for all?

I do not support the idea but I think it will be an inevitable part of the future of the planet to fend off chaos.

As technology makes human employees less and less necessary something will have to be done so that 50% or more of the population is not without a means to survive.

We are a long way from that point but it would not surprise me if my grandchildren were faced with the possibility

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Alaska seems to do okay with it...
would they if they didn't have oil?

you have 1 opportunity in life - to go do something with it. nothing is ever guaranteed. not even being alive in an hour. so "base income" is another way of saying "yes, i can live being this lazy" and we cater again to that group.

no. i'm not in favor of it as i understand it today.

you have 1 opportunity in life - to go do something with it. nothing is ever guaranteed. not even being alive in an hour. so "base income" is another way of saying "yes, i can live being this lazy" and we cater again to that group.

Hardly so. Humans have adapted with changes in methods and technologies. I don't think it's fair in many instances how humans accumulate wealth and then follow a religion which says to disperse that accumulated wealth but don't...

as the old saying goes....

Better is bread with a happy heart than wealth with vexation..

Next step will be everyone being supplied a support dog to deal with life's tribulations...

Cash for all: Support mounts for universal basic income programs
/----/ Folks need to improve their skills, get a job and pay their own way. No jobs by you? Then move to where the jobs are or create an eBay store. Anything but ask the producers to pay your way. BTW the polling was 65% democRATs in favor while only 35% Repubs support the give away. No surprises here folks.

Technology and income/wealth inequality are going to force this issue to the front pretty soon.

If it's not addressed, there will ultimately be hell to pay at the ballot box.

Ignore it and mock it at your own risk.

Technology and income/wealth inequality are going to force this issue to the front pretty soon.

If it's not addressed, there will ultimately be hell to pay at the ballot box.

Ignore it and mock it at your own risk.
It won't happen before I'm dead and gone

I don't see how people who have actually worked and sacrificed to gain marketable skills so as to earn a good living would ever agree to the idea of paying people to sit on their asses and do nothing but breathe

I dont agree with it at all.
I do however think it is inevitable. Eventually there will be no way for 80% of the population TO earn $$$

Technology and income/wealth inequality are going to force this issue to the front pretty soon. If it's not addressed, there will ultimately be hell to pay at the ballot box. Ignore it and mock it at your own risk.
It won't happen before I'm dead and gone. I don't see how people who have actually worked and sacrificed to gain marketable skills so as to earn a good living would ever agree to the idea of paying people to sit on their asses and do nothing but breathe
Depends on how it's structured. Perhaps those people are put to work somehow. It will be complicated.

Either we address it or we don't. But if we don't, we both know we just love to knee-jerk too far in the opposite direction.

Technology and income/wealth inequality are going to force this issue to the front pretty soon. If it's not addressed, there will ultimately be hell to pay at the ballot box. Ignore it and mock it at your own risk.
It won't happen before I'm dead and gone. I don't see how people who have actually worked and sacrificed to gain marketable skills so as to earn a good living would ever agree to the idea of paying people to sit on their asses and do nothing but breathe
Depends on how it's structured. Perhaps those people are put to work somehow. It will be complicated.

Either we address it or we don't. But if we don't, we both know we just love to knee-jerk too far in the opposite direction.
/----/ Make work jobs are never successful.

It's nothing I'm going to waste my time on because it won't happen for a century or more

I do not support the idea but I think it will be an inevitable part of the future of the planet to fend off chaos.

As technology makes human employees less and less necessary something will have to be done so that 50% or more of the population is not without a means to survive.

We are a long way from that point but it would not surprise me if my grandchildren were faced with the possibility

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If you follow the elite globalist plan, they intend to liquidate and reduce the excess human capital.

Hardly so. Humans have adapted with changes in methods and technologies. I don't think it's fair in many instances how humans accumulate wealth and then follow a religion which says to disperse that accumulated wealth but don't...

as the old saying goes....

Better is bread with a happy heart than wealth with vexation..
humans are hypocritical by nature. we seem to call it out in others but seldom ourselves.

we've adapted to survive. you are not guaranteed a living or even to be alive by simply being born. if you wish to sit around and call mcdonalds a career those are poor choices you need to learn from.

not their poor choices i need to pay for or subsidize. until we put accountability into these decisions they'll keep making shitty decisions. if their decision becomes "keep whining and starve" or "shut up and figure out how trap dinner" then their decision.

not my responsibility.

Forum List

Back