Do you support minimum basic income for all?

Alaska seems to do okay with it...
would they if they didn't have oil?

you have 1 opportunity in life - to go do something with it. nothing is ever guaranteed. not even being alive in an hour. so "base income" is another way of saying "yes, i can live being this lazy" and we cater again to that group.

no. i'm not in favor of it as i understand it today.
Hardly so. Humans have adapted with changes in methods and technologies. I don't think it's fair in many instances how humans accumulate wealth and then follow a religion which says to disperse that accumulated wealth but don't...

as the old saying goes....

Better is bread with a happy heart than wealth with vexation..
humans are hypocritical by nature. we seem to call it out in others but seldom ourselves.

we've adapted to survive. you are not guaranteed a living or even to be alive by simply being born. if you wish to sit around and call mcdonalds a career those are poor choices you need to learn from.

not their poor choices i need to pay for or subsidize. until we put accountability into these decisions they'll keep making shitty decisions. if their decision becomes "keep whining and starve" or "shut up and figure out how trap dinner" then their decision.

not my responsibility.
Amazingly it was how humans started, by sharing for mutual survival....Yet greedy selfish bastards stopped that practice...

The state of Alaska leases their state owned public lands to oil producers and then shares the years profits with all residents that have lived there at least one year.

Alaska residents receive smaller oil fund payments
In Alaska it is oil royalties, not a basic income.
same thing..
No, it’s not. And it is variable. From highs of $2200 to this past year, half of that.
i'd like to know more about it since it's become a reference point. please feel free to expand. :)

Last edited:
The state of Alaska leases their state owned public lands to oil producers and then shares the years profits with all residents that have lived there at least one year.
same thing..
No, it’s not. And it is variable. From highs of $2200 to this past year, half of that.
i'd like to know more about it since it's become a reference point. please feel free to expand. :)
Yeah that's what all states should do..Yet you notice that they do not hold back to people that don't work?

Nope. I learned @ Christmas that before the 60s, there was no welfare or food stamps. You either made it, or you didn't. That made a stronger country of survivors.

I doubt they could live on $2200 a year, much less half of that.
same thing..
Yeah that's what all states should do..Yet you notice that they do not hold back to people that don't work?

you have 1 opportunity in life - to go do something with it. nothing is ever guaranteed. not even being alive in an hour. so "base income" is another way of saying "yes, i can live being this lazy" and we cater again to that group.

Hardly so. Humans have adapted with changes in methods and technologies. I don't think it's fair in many instances how humans accumulate wealth and then follow a religion which says to disperse that accumulated wealth but don't...

humans are hypocritical by nature. we seem to call it out in others but seldom ourselves.

we've adapted to survive. you are not guaranteed a living or even to be alive by simply being born. if you wish to sit around and call mcdonalds a career those are poor choices you need to learn from.

not their poor choices i need to pay for or subsidize. until we put accountability into these decisions they'll keep making shitty decisions. if their decision becomes "keep whining and starve" or "shut up and figure out how trap dinner" then their decision.

not my responsibility.
Amazingly it was how humans started, by sharing for mutual survival....Yet greedy selfish bastards stopped that practice...
and since you're never going to get rid of greedy shelfish bastages, you may as well understand how to - you know, adapt to your surroundings vs. go WAH GIMME.

same thing..
if you don't put into a system but take out of it - how does this promote said system?

I doubt they could live on $2200 a year, much less half of that.
same thing..
not in alaska by any means. if it works for them, great. i'm all for it. but a state like kansas, would they have to make their farmers share wheat revenue? moonie seems to be pretending all states are in a position to do this and i just don't see how.

my "core" says you'll get as far as you want to go in life by your own two hands. in times of hardship yes we most certainly should all help each other. some people however seem to want to call "life" a hardship.

not my responsibility.
and since you're never going to get rid of greedy shelfish bastages, you may as well understand how to - you know, adapt to your surroundings vs. go WAH GIMME.

Perhaps people will see that it is not good to replace humans with too much technology and they will reverse the process, but I do not think that will be the case.

As technology improves even more there will be less and less need for humans in the work place.

Barring a global level event that either lowers the population significantly or reduces technology, there will come a point to where there are less and less jobs while at the same time more and more people. Eventually there will be more people without a means to support themselves than with. Something will have to be done to avoid a total collapse of a society.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

not my responsibility.

Perhaps people will see that it is not good to replace humans with too much technology and they will reverse the process, but I do not think that will be the case.

As technology improves even more there will be less and less need for humans in the work place.

Barring a global level event that either lowers the population significantly or reduces technology, there will come a point to where there are less and less jobs while at the same time more and more people. Eventually there will be more people without a means to support themselves than with. Something will have to be done to avoid a total collapse of a society.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

we've always faced this as we've developed. tractors took the jobs, microwaves, self-serve pumps, assembly lines replaced manual labor, and now robots have replaced them.

and yet our population continues to grow.

not disagreeing about needing to keep this in mind, but historically we've always found a way to manage and likely still will. new problems just need new solutions which is why the next generation seldom does things the way the previous done did anymore.

not my responsibility.

Haha...weird that hard working productive types never whine or beg for a “sharing program”.....yet lowlife piece of shits spend their life’s begging.
Why do you think that is?

not my responsibility.

Haha...weird that hard working productive types never whine or beg for a “sharing program”.....yet lowlife piece of shits spend their life’s begging.
Why do you think that is?
Well cause some folks is like Jesus they want to live off donations...

Let me get this straight, I have to work overtime then give MY money to deadbeats? :eusa_hand:

yes, and we have history of all those changes and many are so vulgar it isn't funny. why are there refugees from countries?

yes, and we have history of all those changes and many are so vulgar it isn't funny. why are there refugees from countries?
usually due to war and famine..But we as a Christian nation should shun these people and avert our eyes, Amen...

Forum List

Back