🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do You Think 'Cracker' Is A Racial Slur?

Do You Think The Term 'Cracker' Is A Racial Slur

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
I think it's an interesting question worth debating. Many casually dismiss the term and call it harmless. But others consider it demeaning and Racist. What do you think?

Last edited:
It is racist, but like the comedian said, "Oh, darn. They took me back to owning property and people..."

It's intended to be a slur.

I'm still not offended by it, since the sort of people who would refer to me as a "cracker" with malice aren't even worth the bother.

Like everything else it's a racial slur if you intend it to be a racial slur. Black people sometimes use the "N" word in a casual way and southern males use the word "redneck" in a similar way but both words can be racial slurs if used in a racial context.

no--perhaps I should --no strength

'F'n' cracker--maybe

w/o MF none of the words have much impact

'B' --now a term of endearment

not many words left with much strength

what would be offensive and insulting to me?

--Racist has some impact. Not so much now when 'everything' is racist--according to another message board.

surely there is something that would sting

'Animal Abuser'--that got me one day--my dog was tired and I was tired--rather than picking him up --I tugged on his leash. small dog but a bit stubborn.

A 20 something mother, with dad and baby in stroller were passing by. She took the time to comment. Dad then called me 'MF' and told me to STFU. Kindly liberals--that is how I live.

Still thinking of what I should have said. Actually, nothing--just walk on. That is how we live here in the best of all possible worlds.

~~~
lol--at the other message board--stunned, in deep outrage. sigh--What they have to endure, martyrs that they are. Some have family members that just cannot 'understand' the Truth--they are the only members of these families who are not afflicted. It is something--really something.

Last edited:
it is a term used to define a member of a race in a derogatory way.

Isnt that what a racial slur is?

I prefer to be called Saltine. I find cracker offensive cuz I've never whipped anyone who didn't want it.

No more and no less than the N-Bomb is

Well no.

"Cracker" means the "crack" of the whip. Or something a boss has. It's a racial slur, but one that recognizes who is dominant.

Well yes.. as you just said it is a racial slur... just as the n-bomb is....

Look... I am one that is all about the free speech... even the use of racial and offensive speech... and I don't get offended if you call me cracker or whatever else... but to think of one as racist and not the other just shows ignorance

I am white, I never use the N-word and my ancestors were held in feudal bondage for centuries which was every bit as bad as the fate of American slaves.

Anyone can call me anything they want, I take no offense, because I am a grown up, way past the age of a kindergarten kid, though even a kid knows that "sticks and stones.....", but only those who have chip on the shoulder attribute offense to mere words.

Call me anything you want. Chances are I've been called worse by better people than you.

If 'Cracker' is used in a derogatory way, than yes it is racist. When black use the N word talking about other blacks that may be alright in their minds but is hard to understand by most whites who find using the term kind of hypocritical.
When a white uses the N word toward a black its pure racist.
So if a black using the word 'Cracker' in a derogatory way manner like Martin did it was pure racist. IMO

No more and no less than the N-Bomb is

Well no.

"Cracker" means the "crack" of the whip. Or something a boss has. It's a racial slur, but one that recognizes who is dominant.

where it comes from is not what defines it as a racial slur.

How it is used is what defines it as a racial slur.

I just accept that I will be hated for something.

Once in a MacDonalds--I provoked someone to rage. Ended up on the ground --she was going to finish me off.

My blood sugar was up and I had listened to some talk show. Slamming 'the teachers'--the worthless, incompetent teachers.
Always best to keep my mouth shut, expect to be hated and be pleasantly surprised if I am not.
~~
We cut that 'S' a long time ago. really. Why bother, why bother--everybody pretty much agreed.
We reprimand each other over little things--cutting in line, failure to returns carts to the store. People of all colors and creeds do this. Anal and annoying and I wish we would stop.

Liberals invent racial slurs, they can remove racial slurs in the same way, by declaration. The words Chicago and golf are both racial slurs because they said so. The word cracker is not because they said so.

Well yes.. as you just said it is a racial slur... just as the n-bomb is....

Look... I am one that is all about the free speech... even the use of racial and offensive speech... and I don't get offended if you call me cracker or whatever else... but to think of one as racist and not the other just shows ignorance

Totally agree, you can't have it both ways.

I am white, I never use the N-word and my ancestors were held in feudal bondage for centuries which was every bit as bad as the fate of American slaves.

Anyone can call me anything they want, I take no offense, because I am a grown up, way past the age of a kindergarten kid, though even a kid knows that "sticks and stones.....", but only those who have chip on the shoulder attribute offense to mere words.

Call me anything you want. Chances are I've been called worse by better people than you.

we should make a club.

Forum List

Back